McCarthy Praises Randall Mini Camp

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

McCarthy Praises Randall Mini Camp

Postby Papa John » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:10 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/06/14/mccarthy-impressed-by-young-packers-highlights-randall/102851734/

Glad to hear this. Imagine how good this secondary could be if these top end draft picks all played to their potential.
Papa John

Re: McCarthy Praises Randall Mini Camp

Postby flapackfan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:36 pm

+1, it is time for DR to prove 1st round status.
Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen prove that they are insured, but doesn't require every person to prove they are a citizen. Many who can't prove they are citizens will receive free insurance from those that are citizens.
flapackfan

Postby go pak go » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:49 pm

Joe Witt said that Quinton Rollins has had the best camp of any of the secondary members this offseason.
Next Man Up
go pak go

Postby grace1st » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:35 pm

School is great. But the pads aren't on yet.
God bless America
grace1st

Postby yoop » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:58 pm

flapackfan wrote:+1, it is time for DR to prove 1st round status.

he did that as a rookie, and was starting by the 5th game, and someone will have to take his boundry position away for him to play slot, edge CB is the higher value position, Randall isn't going to just roll over and let House or anyone else just take it.
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby Papa John » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:32 pm

yoop wrote:

he did that as a rookie, and was starting by the 5th game, and someone will have to take his boundry position away for him to play slot, edge CB is the higher value position, Randall isn't going to just roll over and let House or anyone else just take it.

I agree, if one of last year's starting boundary CB's is in danger of losing playing time, it is Gunter, not Randall.
Papa John

Postby TheGreenMan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:36 pm

go pak go wrote:Joe Witt said that Quinton Rollins has had the best camp of any of the secondary members this offseason.

Very exciting news to hear both Rollins and Randall are performing really well in camp. Making me really believe in this secondary and both of our young CB's just had the sophomore slump due to injuries. Hopefully our secondary is back to being a strength in this defense.
RIP JustJeff
TheGreenMan

Postby Cdragon » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:37 pm

If Gunter beats out everybody then we should send everybody off to the same clinic he must have gone to... to taste the waters.
Cdragon

Postby yoop » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:19 pm

Papa John wrote:
yoop wrote:

I agree, if one of last year's starting boundary CB's is in danger of losing playing time, it is Gunter, not Randall.

for sure, Gunter may have starting ability, but it wont be for the GB Packers, Ted doesn't draft CB's to play the slot, both Randall and Rollins have enough speed to play Boundary and will get reps competing for it, what was a weak position last year due to injury could become one of the strongest positions this year, gotta love all this competition :wink:
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby MazrimIV » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:03 pm

House and Gunter have been the starting CB's throughout OTA's, and I expect more of the same when camp opens. Randall and Rollins have been lining up in the slot, and I also expect that to continue. One of the starting CB spots appears to be House's to lose. King will be given every opportunity to unseat Gunter. The team has Randall and Rollins focused on the inside, and that's fine. It's where they are best suited to play. I won't be disappointed to see King and House starting outside with Randall in the slot. Nothing wrong with Gunter/Rollins as the primary reserves either.
Drink the Kool-Aid!!!
MazrimIV

Postby RingoCStarrQB » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:48 pm

Has anyone rated their tackling abilities? Open field, cross field, big physical guys, small waterbug guys ........... speedburners ......... even the tight ends. Run after interception abilities? Ability to not get called for pass interference. Ability to come up and make a tackle on a running play that made it past the LB plane. Ability to freak out a cornerback blitz ..... basically ability to clone Herb Adderley :roll: .... Etc. Etc.
THE PACK WILL BE BACK
'There are football fans and there are Packer fans' 1-13-2002
'Green Bay, I hope you're proud of us because we're proud of you' 1-12-1997
'Well then run it, and then let's get the hell out of here' 12-31-1967
RingoCStarrQB

Postby YoHoChecko » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:00 pm

MazrimIV wrote:House and Gunter have been the starting CB's throughout OTA's, and I expect more of the same when camp opens. Randall and Rollins have been lining up in the slot, and I also expect that to continue. One of the starting CB spots appears to be House's to lose. King will be given every opportunity to unseat Gunter. The team has Randall and Rollins focused on the inside, and that's fine. It's where they are best suited to play. I won't be disappointed to see King and House starting outside with Randall in the slot. Nothing wrong with Gunter/Rollins as the primary reserves either.

I've heard that Randall is rotating inside and outside, too, which I like; but otherwise, I tend to agree with most of this post.
YoHoChecko

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum