Week 14: Packers @ Browns, Sunday Dec 10th, Noon

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Week 14: Packers @ Browns, Sunday Dec 10th, Noon

Postby The Lyricist » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:13 pm

BF004 wrote:Rodgers running scout team O this week.


That's inspiring, but Hundley should also run the scout team, imhso.

Hundley and Kizer are pretty much carbon copies of each other. The D would be better prepared with Hundley playing Kizer. But then again, the Browns O is not too scary, so it probably doesn't matter who plays Kizer in practice.
He said I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war
If you can tell me something worth fighting for
User avatar
The Lyricist
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:46 pm
Location: The Crumbling Walls

Re: Week 14: Packers @ Browns, Sunday Dec 10th, Noon

Postby Cdragon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:15 pm

The Lyricist wrote:
BF004 wrote:Rodgers running scout team O this week.


That's inspiring, but Hundley should also run the scout team, imhso.

Hundley and Kizer are pretty much carbon copies of each other. The D would be better prepared with Hundley playing Kizer. But then again, the Browns O is not too scary, so it probably doesn't matter who plays Kizer in practice.


Reps for AR will sharpen the dagger when we have to cut the Panthers down.
User avatar
Cdragon
 
Posts: 11423
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Robert Brooks' Home Town

Re: Week 14: Packers @ Browns, Sunday Dec 10th, Noon

Postby The Lyricist » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:15 pm

Cdragon wrote:
I was thinking... No wonder Peter Pan never grew up.


lol
He said I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war
If you can tell me something worth fighting for
User avatar
The Lyricist
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:46 pm
Location: The Crumbling Walls

Re: Week 14: Packers @ Browns, Sunday Dec 10th, Noon

Postby The Lyricist » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:27 pm

Cdragon wrote:
Reps for AR will sharpen the dagger when we have to cut the Panthers down.


Yes, I'm all for A-Rod practicing. Might be too late to savage the season, but A-Rod practicing last week and this week makes the world a bit more rosy.

Just think Hundley should also get some reps with the scout team cos his game is kinda like Kizer's.
He said I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war
If you can tell me something worth fighting for
User avatar
The Lyricist
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:46 pm
Location: The Crumbling Walls

Re: Week 14: Packers @ Browns, Sunday Dec 10th, Noon

Postby go pak go » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:16 pm

Going to this game.

I have a pretty darned good road record only losing at Minnesota in 2012, at Pittsburgh in 2009 and at Washington last year.

9-3 overall. My ticket was $15. :lol:
Next Man Up
Image
User avatar
go pak go
 
Posts: 8991
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 2:46 am
Location: South Dakota

Re: Week 14: Packers @ Browns, Sunday Dec 10th, Noon

Postby lulu » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:28 pm

TheGreenMan wrote:
APB wrote:I expect a win...but I'm a little worried.


I fall in this category as well. I felt better about the Tampa game. I'd hate for the Browns to get their first win this coming week. How embarrassing would that be?

Mr. Kizer has only 5 games with a QB rating over 60 or more. 6 TDs and 15 INTs for the year. I shouldn't be worried about their offense, however they do a good job at stopping the run. Hundley is going to have to do good things.

They have 11 guys on IR! :shock:


So what you're saying is comparing QB's head to head it's about a push??
lulu
 
Posts: 8756
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:21 pm

Re: Week 14: Packers @ Browns, Sunday Dec 10th, Noon

Postby mike » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:18 pm

go pak go wrote:Going to this game.

I have a pretty darned good road record only losing at Minnesota in 2012, at Pittsburgh in 2009 and at Washington last year.

9-3 overall. My ticket was $15. :lol:


well lets hope your success continues :AOK $15 a ticket, tickets where more then that for the very first game at Lambeau (city stadium) in 1957, I'd say you got a great deal :lol: hope you enjoy a great game Go Pack Go.
Image
mike
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:28 pm

Re: Week 14: Packers @ Browns, Sunday Dec 10th, Noon

Postby TheGreenMan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:20 pm

lulu wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:
APB wrote:I expect a win...but I'm a little worried.


I fall in this category as well. I felt better about the Tampa game. I'd hate for the Browns to get their first win this coming week. How embarrassing would that be?

Mr. Kizer has only 5 games with a QB rating over 60 or more. 6 TDs and 15 INTs for the year. I shouldn't be worried about their offense, however they do a good job at stopping the run. Hundley is going to have to do good things.

They have 11 guys on IR! :shock:


So what you're saying is comparing QB's head to head it's about a push??


I guess that's a way to put it. :lol: :cry:
RIP JustJeff
Image
User avatar
TheGreenMan
 
Posts: 6306
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: Week 14: Packers @ Browns, Sunday Dec 10th, Noon

Postby lulu » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:29 pm

This one scares me. Cleveland defense is decent. Their offense is awful but so is our defense. If King is back and reasonably healthy we have a chance. Cleveland can also give up a game (i.e. win) and still be in position to get the first pick in the 2018 draft.
lulu
 
Posts: 8756
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:21 pm

Re: Week 14: Packers @ Browns, Sunday Dec 10th, Noon

Postby TheGreenMan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:03 pm

lulu wrote:This one scares me. Cleveland defense is decent. Their offense is awful but so is our defense. If King is back and reasonably healthy we have a chance. Cleveland can also give up a game (i.e. win) and still be in position to get the first pick in the 2018 draft.


Yeah, I don't think this one is going to be a blow out. This one likely is going to come down to the last quarter of the ball game. If we win here things can get really interesting down the last stretch of the season... the NFC is stacked with proverbial 10-6 teams!
RIP JustJeff
Image
User avatar
TheGreenMan
 
Posts: 6306
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: Week 14: Packers @ Browns, Sunday Dec 10th, Noon

Postby Pugger » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:22 pm

lulu wrote:This one scares me. Cleveland defense is decent. Their offense is awful but so is our defense. If King is back and reasonably healthy we have a chance. Cleveland can also give up a game (i.e. win) and still be in position to get the first pick in the 2018 draft.


Unfortunately King is done for the year. :( I hope we see our offense operate like it did at the end of the last game - ground and pound it. Only pass when absolutely necessary.
User avatar
Pugger
 
Posts: 13858
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 4:36 pm
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL

Re: Week 14: Packers @ Browns, Sunday Dec 10th, Noon

Postby paco » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:42 pm

The Browns already know they are going to lose to the lowly Packers and have fired Sashi Brown. Rumor has it they are thinking about Dorsey.

For you Dorsey lovers
Image
User avatar
paco
 
Posts: 9092
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: RIP JustJeff

Re: Week 14: Packers @ Browns, Sunday Dec 10th, Noon

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:07 pm

Is there any doubt that Hundley is the worst starting QB in the NFL right now?

I hope he lights it up this week, but I fully expect another 100ish performance.
Image
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
User avatar
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade
 
Posts: 40007
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:24 am
Location: Western WI

Re: Week 14: Packers @ Browns, Sunday Dec 10th, Noon

Postby paco » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:11 pm

Pckfn23 wrote:Is there any doubt that Hundley is the worst starting QB in the NFL right now?

I hope he lights it up this week, but I fully expect another 100ish performance.


Yes, there is doubt. But he's definitely been bottom 5. That Pitt game bumped him up a bit from absolute worst.

I'm holding out some hope that he ends up around 150.
User avatar
paco
 
Posts: 9092
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: RIP JustJeff

Re: Week 14: Packers @ Browns, Sunday Dec 10th, Noon

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:27 pm

Where did that Pitt game come from?! It is so unlike all the other games. However we did that, let's do that again. Right now, a competent QB would do wonders for this team.
Image
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
User avatar
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade
 
Posts: 40007
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:24 am
Location: Western WI

PreviousNext

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

cron