How about Revis?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: How about Revis?

Postby Trudge » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:37 pm

I haven't seen enough of him recently to have a big opinion but did find this article written 5 days ago. I'm still really on the fence on him.

The seven-time Pro Bowler has lost a step, if not more, and it's possible the only way a team will sign him is if he's willing to make a switch from corner to safety, something that he seemed open to when the 2016 season ended.

Also gave up on the game clinching run that Henry had, although I'm not sure it would have made a difference.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/darr ... ne-season/
Trudge

Postby Two.Sheds » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:11 pm

Safety was my thought.
Two.Sheds

Postby mike » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:54 pm

Two.Sheds wrote:Safety was my thought.

a strong position for us, so I'd pass, there are better and cheaper options for us at CB.
mike

Postby backthepack4ever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:14 pm

mike wrote:

a strong position for us, so I'd pass, there are better and cheaper options for us at CB.

Is it that strong though?? Burney might be gone haha is complete garbage. Prob thw worst starter on d. Jones has upside. Not really that strong
Doubt Kills

"Everyone wants to be a BEAST, until it's time to do what real BEASTS do"
backthepack4ever

Postby mike » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:01 pm

backthepack4ever wrote:
mike wrote:

Is it that strong though?? Burney might be gone haha is complete garbage. Prob thw worst starter on d. Jones has upside. Not really that strong

don't Lupe me with this complete garbage stuff :lol: , Dix job was to make sure no one beat us over the top, and that is made harder with inconsistent play in front of him, Dix and Burnett where a very good combo in prior seasons.

I think we'll resign Burnett, why not, even if we don't Jones looks like his replacement, Brice and Evans have also played well at times as youngsters, just because a guy use to be a very good CB does not mean he'll be a good safety, or that the position transition wont take time to groom up, theres at least a chance he would see minimal playing time this year, so I'd pass on that assumption.
mike

Postby TheGreenMan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:52 pm

Wasn't this brought up last year? No thanks, the guy is done.

Only people visiting Revis Island are opposing WR's.
RIP JustJeff
TheGreenMan

Postby Charon21 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:59 pm

backthepack4ever wrote:
mike wrote:

But does an aging Revis make sense as a solution? It's not like you don't need speed at safety, either. You sign a guy like Revis as a stop-gap, not to be a backup, and there is no gap to stop: garbage or not last year, Dix is going to start this season (and hopefully redeem himself).

I doubt he's even an upgrade over Kentrell Brice, or Jermaine Whitehead.

No thanks to Revis.
Charon21

Postby BF004 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Trudge wrote:
BF004 wrote:Has he played for Pettine before? Too lazy to look it up on my phone.

He did with the Jets from 2009-2012. I guess one thing to keep in mind.

Yes, finally looked it up myself, didn't see your response at the bottom of the page.

Kind of surprised no one else was mentioning this. This was likely during Revis's best 4 year stretch.
BF004

Postby backthepack4ever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:03 pm

Charon21 wrote:
backthepack4ever wrote:
mike wrote:

But does an aging Revis make sense as a solution? It's not like you don't need speed at safety, either. You sign a guy like Revis as a stop-gap, not to be a backup, and there is no gap to stop: garbage or not last year, Dix is going to start this season (and hopefully redeem himself).

I doubt he's even an upgrade over Kentrell Brice, or Jermaine Whitehead.

No thanks to Revis.

No. I dont want revis either. I was just lupe'in yoop haha. I hear mike ans his job wasnt why im down on dix. His going out of his way not to hit and make contact drove me nuts... To the point i question his drive. Great person off the field but hes my least fav packer right now. Guy needs to do some soul searching if he wants thar next big contract. Id trade him and our 2nd to the browns for their 2nd buts that me

Back on topic. Im against signing revis. He quit on his team last yr and hasnt been even average for awhile.

I think our cbs are close get a jump from king and stay healthy they should compete. I still want someone brought in like butler or even Gaines. Its hard to think a rook would fix the problems umless asked to play slot.

Better pass rush hides some problems too. Lets just get better personal period.
Doubt Kills

"Everyone wants to be a BEAST, until it's time to do what real BEASTS do"
backthepack4ever

Postby Charon21 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:16 am

Ah, my bad.
Charon21

Postby Willink » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:05 am

He's been done and giving up on plays since 2015

https://mobile.twitter.com/CorkGaines/s ... 5969317888
Willink

Postby gopkrs » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:51 pm

One thing I have noticed about Revis is that he "gives up" on plays where he does not have a chance to change the outcome. And he seems to take his time about making plays when he has it. Maybe that is smart. Anyway, we will probably see if he is done because I think he will be playing somewhere and I doubt he will go anywhere except a place that has a shot. It will be interesting for me to see what happens.
gopkrs

Postby Trudge » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:31 pm

Something that would be almost a Belicheck kind of move that could pay of big... what do you guys think of an Eli Apple reclamation project?

Turmoil with the Giants, got suspended one game, called out by teammates, tons of talent being drafted 10 overall, 4.40 40 time...be a gamble but I doubt it would be a huge risk financially.

With all that happened last season, I doubt they'll get a trade partner as I'm reading there's almost 0 chance he'll be back with the team next year and his salary is a bit high as he'd count for $4.1 million against the cap this year and $4.8 next.

Thoughts?
Trudge

Postby TheGreenMan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:10 pm

Trudge wrote:Something that would be almost a Belicheck kind of move that could pay of big... what do you guys think of an Eli Apple reclamation project?

Turmoil with the Giants, got suspended one game, called out by teammates, tons of talent being drafted 10 overall, 4.40 40 time...be a gamble but I doubt it would be a huge risk financially.

With all that happened last season, I doubt they'll get a trade partner as I'm reading there's almost 0 chance he'll be back with the team next year and his salary is a bit high as he'd count for $4.1 million against the cap this year and $4.8 next.

Thoughts?

Intriguing, but isn't his mom nuts as well?
RIP JustJeff
TheGreenMan

Postby Trudge » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:18 pm

TheGreenMan wrote:
Trudge wrote:Something that would be almost a Belicheck kind of move that could pay of big... what do you guys think of an Eli Apple reclamation project?

Thoughts?

Intriguing, but isn't his mom nuts as well?

Other than calling him the black Eli Manning I haven't heard much.
Trudge

PreviousNext

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum