J.C. Tretter - Who was in?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, mnkcarp, jb, JustJeff, APB, packfntk

Postby JustJeff » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:41 pm

During the draft, in the official draft thread, there was a discussion where some posters accused others of rubber stamping picks after the fact because of our "love" for Ted Thompson.

I promised myself that I would go back and find my comments I made (if any) on our draft picks.

I am creating a thread on each draft pick.

Who was in pre-draft? Who has joined our ranks?
JustJeff
Commissioner
Commissioner

Re: J.C. Tretter - Who was in?

Postby JustJeff » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:43 pm

My pre-draft comments...
Wed Apr 10
JustJeff wrote:Speaking of moving guys to center...
JC Tretter Cornell G

Tretter, a former high school quarterback, was a college TE prospect who became a two year starter at left tackle for Cornell.

From a scouting report...
excellent knee bend, body quickness and lateral slide ability from both 2 and 3 point stances. He is sudden initially with his hands and feet and plays under control.
JustJeff
Commissioner
Commissioner

Postby Jim T » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:53 am

JustJeff wrote:My pre-draft comments...
Wed Apr 10
JustJeff wrote:Speaking of moving guys to center...
JC Tretter Cornell G

Tretter, a former high school quarterback, was a college TE prospect who became a two year starter at left tackle for Cornell.

From a scouting report...
excellent knee bend, body quickness and lateral slide ability from both 2 and 3 point stances. He is sudden initially with his hands and feet and plays under control.

Never heard of the guy before we picked him. What is funny sometimes is some of Ted's picks seem to be a mystery to some in the media and at first they don't know what to report. A day or two after the draft, when some of these guys get a change to read about these guys they seem to like Ted's picks.
Jim T

Postby Waldo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:43 am

Oooh I was.

No snapping experience, but I talked about the Matt Birk model for getting a good C previously. Go get a good sized athletic OL from an Ivy League school and teach mr smarty pants to play C. C is far more of a mental position than physical that requires really smart dudes. If the guy can move well and isn't comically small, chances are that's good enough physically.

Tretter fits the Matt Birk model to a T.
Waldo

Postby Mr Green » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:59 pm

I can't prove it but I don't care. :lol:

When i saw Tretter at the combine, Physically he looked very impressive and when I looked at his face I was like uh oh....I bet the Packers like him. His numbers were around around the area where the Packers like their OL to be.

Shortly afterwards Cheeseheadtv did an article about him in more detail and it further solidified my gut feeling that we were in for him.

then we drafted him. :lol:

I have this wild theory that the Packers look for guys with certain facial features for certain positions as part of their draft evaluation process. That's why I thought Tretter was someone the Packers would like. :lol:
Mr Green

Postby yoop » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:16 pm

Mr Green wrote:I can't prove it but I don't care. :lol:

When i saw Tretter at the combine, Physically he looked very impressive and when I looked at his face I was like uh oh....I bet the Packers like him. His numbers were around around the area where the Packers like their OL to be.

Shortly afterwards Cheeseheadtv did an article about him in more detail and it further solidified my gut feeling that we were in for him.

then we drafted him. :lol:

I have this wild theory that the Packers look for guys with certain facial features for certain positions as part of their draft evaluation process. That's why I thought Tretter was someone the Packers would like. :lol:

I would insert the pic of the happy face BF here if I could, I cant seem to control my avatars :lol: I have something goofed up :lol:
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby paco » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:07 pm

I'll be honest, I really knew nothing about him. Had to look him up. So I had no opinion pre-draft on him. I like the sound of him now though.
paco

Return to Packers Forum