OT: Around the NFL

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: OT: Around the NFL

Postby MazrimIV » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:22 am

DEN wins, but this game probably added more fuel to the "Peyton is in decline" fire. Not impressive today... at all.
Drink the Kool-Aid!!!
MazrimIV

Postby APB » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:23 am

MazrimIV wrote:DEN wins, but this game probably added more fuel to the "Peyton is in decline" fire. Not impressive today... at all.

I'll be amazed if the talking heads address his decline.
APB

Postby Papa John » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:24 am

APB wrote:
MazrimIV wrote:DEN wins, but this game probably added more fuel to the "Peyton is in decline" fire. Not impressive today... at all.

Yea I know what you mean. Rule #1 for NFL analysts: Never talk bad about Peyton Manning. It's bad for business.
Papa John

Postby APB » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:17 am

APB wrote:

On NBCs SNF pre-game show -

Rodney Harrison: People criticizing Peyton Manning for having a weak arm; how can you say that when he's over-throwing Emanual Sanders on those deep balls?!?

Tony Dungy: Peyton played OK today. He missed on a couple deep balls but he played OK.

Did I call it or what.
APB

Postby Cdragon » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:22 am

APB wrote:
APB wrote:

On NBCs SNF pre-game show -

Rodney Harrison: People criticizing Peyton Manning for having a weak arm; how can you say that when he's over-throwing Emanual Sanders on those deep balls?!?

Tony Dungy: Peyton played OK today. He missed on a couple deep balls but he played OK.

Did I call it or what.

They've got the Broncos in 2 weeks. Can't trash him yet.
Cdragon

Postby Pugger » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:15 am

Pckfn23 wrote:I love all the hype over Manziel's TD in the 2nd quarter, but then no talk at all about his 3 turnovers in the second half. The new Tim Tebow.

We have to remember who Tenn was playing. :wink:
Pugger

Postby Pugger » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:16 am

Pack Power wrote:Okay--game is over except for running the clock down now--good game Chargers.

This is a bad loss for the kitties. They had a big lead and let it get away. :8)
Pugger

Postby Cdragon » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:34 am

Pugger wrote:
Pack Power wrote:Okay--game is over except for running the clock down now--good game Chargers.

This is a bad loss for the kitties. They had a big lead and let it get away. :8)

So they are pretty much back to their old selves.
Cdragon

Postby Pckfn23 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:00 am

No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby APB » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:51 am

Not sure why Morris was trying to bite Suh's calf. I mean, he (Morris) still had his mouth piece in so it probably wouldn't have even broken the skin. In any case, Suh was lucky to block the bite attempt by deflecting the facemask and, subsequently, Morris' entire head away from his exposed calf.

Suh could have really gotten hurt there...lucky.

At least this is how I see him defending this...
APB

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:42 am

Giants piss it away. Don't run near the goal line, gives DAL too much time, then NY plays no defense for 80 yards and gives up the TD to Witten.
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Postby APB » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:56 am

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:Giants piss it away. Don't run near the goal line, gives DAL too much time, then NY plays no defense for 80 yards and gives up the TD to Witten.

Yeah, seemed neither team really wanted to win that game. They each gave it away to the other until time ran out.
APB

Postby wallyuwl » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:03 am

Jones should be happy he got away from the Giants. They gave one away with that goal line play calling and playing flat out "we don't want to win" defense the last minute and a half. Neither team looks like much of a threat at this point.
wallyuwl

Postby Pugger » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:14 am

wallyuwl wrote:Jones should be happy he got away from the Giants. They gave one away with that goal line play calling and playing flat out "we don't want to win" defense the last minute and a half. Neither team looks like much of a threat at this point.

Dallas got bad news tho - Dez broke a bone in his foot and will be out 3 - 6 weeks.
Pugger

Postby BF004 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:58 pm

I hate the stupid Giants.

Could have had pretty much all major contenders lose week 1 other than NE and GB.
BF004

PreviousNext

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum