OT: Around the NFL

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: OT: Around the NFL

Postby paco » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:28 pm

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 11m11 minutes ago

Per source, Bengals CB Adam Jones will be fined but not suspended for slamming Raiders WR Amari Cooper's head against his own helmet.

I thought he had grown up. I guess not. He should be suspended.
paco

Postby paco » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:30 pm

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 21m21 minutes ago

NFL says no action against Suh for post-play contact with Morris Sunday http://wp.me/p14QSB-9QU7

I still haven't seen this one, so I can't comment on if something should happen or not.
paco

Postby Bigcheese » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:58 pm

The Browns lost their 11th straight season opener yesterday...
RIP Peace Jeff
38-17 Packers!
Bigcheese

Postby Pack Power » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:51 pm

Kam Chancellor---think he will sign this week and how much will he affect our game if he does? I only have questions, very few answers. From what I been reading I think it is a good--not great --possibility Chancellor will be on the team when we play them
Pack Power
Important Cog in the Brain-trust

Postby Waldo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:22 pm

Pack Power wrote:Kam Chancellor---think he will sign this week and how much will he affect our game if he does? I only have questions, very few answers. From what I been reading I think it is a good--not great --possibility Chancellor will be on the team when we play them

I doubt it.

His situation is messed up; he just signed a new 5 year deal 2 years ago, and is holding out now. WTF? The team absolutely cannot give in, or everyone's hand is going out for more.

Compounding the issue is that Carroll has say over Schneider there, the business side of things is not isolated from the coaching side of things like it is here. Carroll is the one with the final say to pay him or not.

This is pure poison to the team no matter which way it goes.

Anyway, guys that hold out a long time always pull their hammies. Its pretty much a given. One cannot get in football shape without playing football.
Waldo

Postby yoop » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:37 pm

Waldo wrote:
Pack Power wrote:Kam Chancellor---think he will sign this week and how much will he affect our game if he does? I only have questions, very few answers. From what I been reading I think it is a good--not great --possibility Chancellor will be on the team when we play them

I doubt it.

His situation is messed up; he just signed a new 5 year deal 2 years ago, and is holding out now. WTF? The team absolutely cannot give in, or everyone's hand is going out for more.

Compounding the issue is that Carroll has say over Schneider there, the business side of things is not isolated from the coaching side of things like it is here. Carroll is the one with the final say to pay him or not.

This is pure poison to the team no matter which way it goes.

Anyway, guys that hold out a long time always pull their hammies. Its pretty much a given. One cannot get in football shape without playing football.

we can count on one hand the SS that have commanded that type pay, and everyone one of them where as good or better in coverage than Chancellor and 1 of them played for us, Butler, he is way out of line with these demands just 2 years after he signed a fair deal, imho they over paid for Sherman as well, I never considered him the best corner in the league, just the best in that secondary, which is busting at the seams with top talent, we know having great talent in your play partners simplifies the schemes for everyone, and Wagner does that for Chancellor, I'am kinda looking forward to him going to another team and becoming a average SS, he had a chance for a 1 year 8 mil. deal with a few mil less on a surrounding extension so I heard, if true he is a fool for not jumping on that money, it's likely it's the last time money like that will be offered.
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby JustJeff » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:46 pm

paco wrote:

NFL says no action against Suh for post-play contact with Morris Sunday http://wp.me/p14QSB-9QU7

I still haven't seen this one, so I can't comment on if something should happen or not.

JustJeff
Commissioner
Commissioner

Postby APB » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:39 am

paco wrote:

APB

Postby paco » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:07 pm

A few things from around the league.

Suh, being Suh, reportedly not listening to coaches and doing his own thing. Although Philbin denies it.

Romo won't have surgery, expected to miss at least 8 weeks.

Minor rumor around that Brees might have a torn rotator cuff. Not confirmed, but bears watching with talk of shoulder problems.

The Bears still suck.
paco

Postby paco » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:35 pm

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

#Packers RB Eddie Lacy, who sprained his ankle last night against the #Seahawks, could actually play on #MNF vs. #Chiefs. Injury is minor.

Someone start the Chiefs week thread already!
paco

Postby paco » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:13 pm

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 7m7 minutes ago

Bad news after the MRI for #Packers DT Josh Boyd. It revealed torn ankle ligaments to go with a broken small bone. His season now in doubt

Crockett up for 1 week as insurance for Lacy then back down for Guion?
paco

Postby paco » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:14 pm

Nevermind....

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 8m8 minutes ago

#Packers have signed ILB Joe Thomas to their 53-man roster, per league source. Adds depth to ILB position. Could replace Josh Boyd's spot.
paco

Postby OldPackerFan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:59 pm

paco wrote:A few things from around the league.

Suh, being Suh, reportedly not listening to coaches and doing his own thing. Although Philbin denies it.

Romo won't have surgery, expected to miss at least 8 weeks.

Minor rumor around that Brees might have a torn rotator cuff. Not confirmed, but bears watching with talk of shoulder problems.

The Bears still suck.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... miss-games
OldPackerFan

Postby lulu » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:03 pm

JustJeff wrote:
paco wrote:

Welcome to the NFL - ROOKIE!

Pacman - Once a tool, always a tool.
lulu

Postby lulu » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:04 pm

Cutler out 2 weeks. That may be an upgrade.
lulu

PreviousNext

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum