RicRod - second year jump?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: RicRod - second year jump?

Postby Pugger » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:56 pm

Hasn't JJ been nursing a sore hammy the past couple of games?
Pugger

Postby HeavyD » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:22 pm

Week after week, Richard Rodgers doesn't execute his block and two or three plays run amok. Can teammates have confidence in him? The Packers feel compelled to keep using Rodgers on almost every snap (51 of a possible 53 Sunday) because they apparently don't feel Justin Perillo (six) has enough horsepower to block and Kennard Backman (inactive) must not be ready. Despite all this, it was the Broncos, with a better stable of tight ends than the Packers, that traded for San Francisco's Vernon Davis on Monday. The teams swapped sixth- and seventh-round draft choices in 2016, and the 49ers will receive a sixth in '17. On the second sack, Rodgers motioned across and was in front of OLB DeMarcus Ware. When he set too far inside, Ware had an easy sack-fumble-safety. In the run game, Rodgers either missed or was trashed twice by backup OLB Lerentee McCray on two runs that went nowhere.

2 catches, 16 yards.
HeavyD

Postby ESKYMOPACK » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:14 pm

HeavyD wrote:Week after week, Richard Rodgers doesn't execute his block and two or three plays run amok. Can teammates have confidence in him? The Packers feel compelled to keep using Rodgers on almost every snap (51 of a possible 53 Sunday) because they apparently don't feel Justin Perillo (six) has enough horsepower to block and Kennard Backman (inactive) must not be ready. Despite all this, it was the Broncos, with a better stable of tight ends than the Packers, that traded for San Francisco's Vernon Davis on Monday. The teams swapped sixth- and seventh-round draft choices in 2016, and the 49ers will receive a sixth in '17. On the second sack, Rodgers motioned across and was in front of OLB DeMarcus Ware. When he set too far inside, Ware had an easy sack-fumble-safety. In the run game, Rodgers either missed or was trashed twice by backup OLB Lerentee McCray on two runs that went nowhere.

2 catches, 16 yards.

I was keying on him the whole night. What a terrible performance. You can be sure GB gets a TE in next years draft.
In Memory of JustJeff
ESKYMOPACK

Postby Pckfn23 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:22 pm

That was a really bad effort by him. At one point he was pass blocking on a run play...
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby Pugger » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:07 pm

His screw-up was directly responsible for the safety we gave up in Sunday night's game. I hope we address the TE position with someone better than him this spring. :?
Pugger

Postby Jim T » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:35 pm

They'd be much better off putting a receivers # on Tretter. If I remember correctly he's played some skil positions in high school and early college. With the number of balls thrown to Rodgers, it couldn't be much worse throwing to Tretter.
You think these are tough times? For your sake, I hope you never see tough times.
Jim T

Postby OldPackerFan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:19 pm

Jim T wrote:They'd be much better off putting a receivers # on Tretter. If I remember correctly he's played some skil positions in high school and early college. With the number of balls thrown to Rodgers, it couldn't be much worse throwing to Tretter.

I agree. Another option is to get rids of the TE position altogether and put Rip in the backfield. Right now it looks as if Rodgers is the worst starter on the offense and Perillo is the worst backup.
OldPackerFan

Postby TheGreenMan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:31 pm

Pckfn23 wrote:That was a really bad effort by him. At one point he was pass blocking on a run play...

I was wondering if I was seeing things there. Not a good performance by him at all.
RIP JustJeff
TheGreenMan

Postby Pugger » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:45 pm

OldPackerFan wrote:
Jim T wrote:They'd be much better off putting a receivers # on Tretter. If I remember correctly he's played some skil positions in high school and early college. With the number of balls thrown to Rodgers, it couldn't be much worse throwing to Tretter.

I agree. Another option is to get rids of the TE position altogether and put Rip in the backfield. Right now it looks as if Rodgers is the worst starter on the offense and Perillo is the worst backup.

Or at least use Tretter as a blocking TE.
Pugger

Postby ESKYMOPACK » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:37 pm

Or put Janis in as a TE!!!
In Memory of JustJeff
ESKYMOPACK

Postby HeavyD » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:35 pm

At this point, I wonder if Julius Peppers could outperform RickRod at TE.
HeavyD

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:47 pm

ESKYMOPACK wrote:Or put Janis in as a TE!!!

It might sound silly, but I like that idea. We know he is a willing blocker.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby yoop » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:49 pm

HeavyD wrote:Week after week, Richard Rodgers doesn't execute his block and two or three plays run amok. Can teammates have confidence in him? The Packers feel compelled to keep using Rodgers on almost every snap (51 of a possible 53 Sunday) because they apparently don't feel Justin Perillo (six) has enough horsepower to block and Kennard Backman (inactive) must not be ready. Despite all this, it was the Broncos, with a better stable of tight ends than the Packers, that traded for San Francisco's Vernon Davis on Monday. The teams swapped sixth- and seventh-round draft choices in 2016, and the 49ers will receive a sixth in '17. On the second sack, Rodgers motioned across and was in front of OLB DeMarcus Ware. When he set too far inside, Ware had an easy sack-fumble-safety. In the run game, Rodgers either missed or was trashed twice by backup OLB Lerentee McCray on two runs that went nowhere.

2 catches, 16 yards.

did Ted even try to get Davis? how can a GM value a late round pick higher then a TE that may jump start a stagnent passing game, or a chance for home field bye in the playoffs? Denver wants to win the SB in Mannings last year, Aaron is younger and will have a few more seasons to try and win another, I guess thats the thought process with Ted, he is willing to gamble that AR will be around, so why burn a valuable late round pick :roll:
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:02 pm

:horse Davis has said public, for years, that he doesn't want to be in Green Bay. :kaboom:
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby TheGreenMan » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:07 pm

yoop wrote:

2 catches, 16 yards.

did Ted even try to get Davis? how can a GM value a late round pick higher then a TE that may jump start a stagnent passing game, or a chance for home field bye in the playoffs? Denver wants to win the SB in Mannings last year, Aaron is younger and will have a few more seasons to try and win another, I guess thats the thought process with Ted, he is willing to gamble that AR will be around, so why burn a valuable late round pick :roll:

Though at this point I would have liked Ted to have possibly made a move for a TE, I'm not so sure Davis would have been the best of moves. No doubt he's talented, but he hasn't been the same since suffering that huge hit from Kam Chancellor a couple years back. He's been essentially non existent in the San Fran offense.. I seem to hear nothing but negative things about him from the bay area. Maybe it was because Kap is throwing the football or maybe he just hasn't been anything since "the hit."

It'll be interesting to see if this jumpstarts his career again.

I'm with most of you guys at this point - when are we going to actually make another move to put us over the top?
RIP JustJeff
TheGreenMan

PreviousNext

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum