OT: JustJeff/Sad News

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: OT: JustJeff/Sad News

Postby Stevedore » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:21 pm

Just saw this, prayers to your entire family. RIP Jeff
We Are America's Team!!
Stevedore

Postby bud fox » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:21 pm

It has already been said but to me he came across as a complete gentleman and selfless.
He always found a way to end bickering between posters with some wise words.

RIP Jeff you are already missed.
bud fox

Postby madcity_matt » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:38 pm

Sad news. I don't post very often anymore but especially back in the early days of this site and Julie's world before it, we had some great packer discussions. RIP JJ.
madcity_matt

Postby Pack Power » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:00 pm

JustJeffJr wrote:I'm not really good at this, so I'll just come out and say it. My Dad, who you all knew as JustJeff, passed away yesterday after a difficult battle with cancer. I'm sure he would have wanted you all to know how much he loved talking Packers with you guys, and how much joy the team brought him over the course of his life.

Just Jeff Jr.==I have not been on here much lately and sorry for the late condolences to the passing away of your Father. I have been on the forum since he started it and knew him in the previous one run by the GB Press Gazette. Your Father reached out to me a few times when I needed someone and he was the one that God sent. I had posted almost a sermon on here about my Christian faith and thought I might get kicked off the forum for it. Your Father sent me a private message and said he was not about to do that as he was also a Christian and encouraged me. From what he said I believe he is in heaven with our Savior and I will see him again one day. Again I am sorry for such a long delay before I realized he had moved up to a better Home. I will pray for the peace and comfort that only God can give you and his family in this time of loss. I also appreciated all the information he provided to us Packer fans and I appreciated his love for the Packers and also his love for his Family which he made very clear many times. May God Bless you and your family now in this time of bereavement.
Pack Power
Important Cog in the Brain-trust

Postby 68md » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:04 pm

Just logged in to see this. Jeff was the reason I came here from Julies world. Always positive always willing to listen.

It's a huge loss. May he rest in peace.
68md
Formerly wizard 87

Postby Zero2Cool » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:16 pm

Heard the news moments ago and my heart dropped. I did not know Jeff personally and he only frequented my site a dozen or so times, but he was informative and carried himself well, if one could say that about someone via online methods. Incredible the impact of losing someone you didn't know can have. Tremendously sorry for your loss.

JustJeffJr wrote:Hey I just wanted to come back and thank you all again for your kind words, they've brought a much needed smile to my face. I saw it mentioned a few times in here how kind, welcoming, and genuine he was on this forum, and I can say that was doubly true of him in real life. If you spoke to him, you had his undivided attention, if you asked him something, he could teach you without ever condescending or making you feel stupid, and he was always quick with a joke or an interesting fact. Above all though, he was utterly and completely selfless... It didn't surprise me at all that he didn't let on that he was sick.

So, thank you all again for this amazing outpouring of love for my dad, and remember that he sincerely loved all the time he got to spend with all of you. He always spoke very highly of you guys, and the time he spent here brought joy to his life.

Triple J, I hope my children can someday say the same about me and I will make a conscious effort to ensure they can. Sorry for your loss. It is scary when one of your parents passes away. I remember it was the first time I truly felt fear of the unknown. I hope you are doing as well as one could with such a saddening loss.
Zero2Cool

Postby MCM36 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:14 pm

Sad sad news. RIP JustJeff. Here's to hoping the Packers win the superbowl 38-17 just as he would predict.
MCM36

Postby packerhog » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:09 pm

Very sad about this. Haven't been here much lately as I've been battling my own issues, and just noticed this thread. Only knew JJ from this and the GPG forums. He'll be sorely missed. :cry:
I spent most of my money on women, golf and Harley's.........the rest of it I just wasted
packerhog

Postby Criticuria » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:14 pm

Only just now noticed this sad news. My condolences for your family's loss, and for the loss to JJ's friends here on the forum.
Is life as boring as you are?
Criticuria

Postby Mackie2001 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:39 pm

This just sucks. I've known Jeff for a long time, all on the internet, except we met at the 2008 season opener at lambeau, before the game, along with Louder. I don't remember who else was there. We had a few beers and some laughs. I'll always remember him with a smile on his face and the Packers in his heart.

RIP, Jeff.
Your actions determine your circumstances. Vote!
Mackie2001

Postby HeavyD » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:44 am

So sorry.
HeavyD

Postby DudenDallas » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:57 am

Triple J, I think you realize by now how lucky you are to be JustJeff's son. You're now aware of what his life meant to many strangers he, nor you, knew nor never will. The last few months and years were so difficult because of who he was. Hard as it has been, you and your family can be forever grateful. May God be with and bless you and your family forever.
DudenDallas

Postby Trudge » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:56 am

DudenDallas wrote:Triple J, I think you realize by now how lucky you are to be JustJeff's son. You're now aware of what his life meant to many strangers he, nor you, knew nor never will. The last few months and years were so difficult because of who he was. Hard as it has been, you and your family can be forever grateful. May God be with and bless you and your family forever.

There's a name I haven't seen in probably at least 4 or 5 years. Says a lot to Jeff's legacy, especially around here. Thanks for stopping in.
Trudge

Postby Pigskin » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:21 am

JustJeffJr; I am sorry loss. God bless you and all of your family. RIP JustJeff, except on game day when I am sure he will be around loud Packer fans.
Pigskin

Postby GreenDay » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:37 pm

I haven't been on this forum in a long while. My condolences to the family Sam McBee (JustJeff). What a great guy to meet through this forum. An earnest and joy-filled Packer fan. Say 'Hi' to Vince for us Sam!
YoHoChecko wrote: Anyone who can't understand this doesn't deserve the platform that literacy has granted them.
GreenDay

PreviousNext

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum