OT: JustJeff/Sad News

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: OT: JustJeff/Sad News

Postby RodgePodge » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:06 am

I just want to echo what everyone else said, wow I am stunned and saddened immensely. But, he's in a better place and one day we'll all be there. Not that it makes it any easier. God bless.
Make the Packers Great Again!
RodgePodge

Postby glorydays » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:46 am

Wow. Sorry to hear of Jeff's passing. A great Packer fan and a great asset to this site. He will be missed.
glorydays

Postby Pckfn23 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:49 am

Thanks for the win JJ! Know you helped out there at the end.
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby get louder at lambeau » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:11 pm

:cry: I had no idea. I'm not sure what to say.

Thanks, JustJeffJr for letting us know. Sorry for your loss. Your dad will be missed by those of us who were lucky enough to meet him in person as well as by those who only knew him from his posts here on PackersNews.net. His kindness always came through, both in person or online. You are a very lucky man to have gotten a dad like Jeff.

R.I.P. Jeff. Thanks for everything.
get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Postby raptorman » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:38 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss. You dad was the one who invited me to join this site at the demise of "Julie's World". Imagine, inviting a Vikings fan to be part of his Packers world. For me on this site, he was the calm in the storm, always making sure everyone was welcome and treating all with respect. Ensuring that people didn't stray to far off the path of rules. His input into this site has made it one of the best football forums, not just Packer forums, on the net. And believe me, I have been to many.

He will be greatly missed by all here.
If a 7 course meal includes a Brat and a 6 pack, you might be from Wisconsin.
raptorman

Postby williewasgreat » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:52 pm

I am very sorry for your loss. Jeff was a passionate Packer fan whose responses to others in this forum were sensible and kind. Please know that he will be missed.
williewasgreat

Postby grace1st » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:57 am

Nick, You have my prayers that the grace of God will bless your family in a huge way. If it's possible in a forum like this to tell whether a person has high quality or not, I'm going to say that your dad displayed an immense amount of quality. He always seemed to look above football in order to assure that the friends in the forum were okay.

As you probably see from the number of posts here, you dad only acted in this forum in ways that would make you proud of him. I'm sure he did that everyplace else too.

Salute to a man who saw higher than the ordinary!
God bless America
grace1st

Postby JustJeffJr » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:03 am

Hey I just wanted to come back and thank you all again for your kind words, they've brought a much needed smile to my face. I saw it mentioned a few times in here how kind, welcoming, and genuine he was on this forum, and I can say that was doubly true of him in real life. If you spoke to him, you had his undivided attention, if you asked him something, he could teach you without ever condescending or making you feel stupid, and he was always quick with a joke or an interesting fact. Above all though, he was utterly and completely selfless... It didn't surprise me at all that he didn't let on that he was sick.

So, thank you all again for this amazing outpouring of love for my dad, and remember that he sincerely loved all the time he got to spend with all of you. He always spoke very highly of you guys, and the time he spent here brought joy to his life.
JustJeffJr

Postby texas » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:07 am

Wow, this is sad news. My condolences, what a great guy
Suck it Bears.
Roger Goodell Phone: 212-450-2027
texas

Postby packfntk » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:40 pm

JustJeffJr wrote:Hey I just wanted to come back and thank you all again for your kind words, they've brought a much needed smile to my face. I saw it mentioned a few times in here how kind, welcoming, and genuine he was on this forum, and I can say that was doubly true of him in real life. If you spoke to him, you had his undivided attention, if you asked him something, he could teach you without ever condescending or making you feel stupid, and he was always quick with a joke or an interesting fact. Above all though, he was utterly and completely selfless... It didn't surprise me at all that he didn't let on that he was sick.

So, thank you all again for this amazing outpouring of love for my dad, and remember that he sincerely loved all the time he got to spend with all of you. He always spoke very highly of you guys, and the time he spent here brought joy to his life.

Feel free to pull up a chair here JJJR. Would be really nice to get to know you better. Hope you are doing well.

Wisconsin Cheese is better than California Cheese.
packfntk
Super Homer
Super Homer

Postby lake shark » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:03 pm

Extremely sorry for your (and our) loss. In my short time here it was clear that JustJeff was a great natural leader, kind, respectful, selfless, conflict resolver, innovator, etc.. Unfortunately life is often too short for the best of us, but be assured JustJeff is serving a higher calling now. This forum was no doubt important to him, may he be remembered here always.
Search others for their virtues, thy self for thy vices.
-Benjamin Franklin
lake shark

Postby Two.Sheds » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:23 pm

Short timer here, but I've been on plenty of forums and JJ was an excellent mod who kept this board civil. Sad and sorry for your loss JJJR.
Two.Sheds

Postby Pugger » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:41 pm

As I said in another thread Jeff is going to be greatly missed. :(
Pugger

Postby OldPackerFan » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

I did not notice this until now. So sorry to hear it. May God comfort you and take good care of Jeff
OldPackerFan

Re: OT: JustJeff

Postby Bogey » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:17 pm

NCF wrote:I'm not surprised that he chose not to disclose his personal struggles with us, but sure would have loved the opportunity to share my admiration for him with him.

He will be truly missed.

I echo that. I can scarcely believe I never met Jeff because it feels like I've lost a close friend. One of the great Packer fans ever.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff
Bogey

PreviousNext

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum