OT: JustJeff/Sad News

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: OT: JustJeff/Sad News

Postby Bogey » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:37 am

JustJeffJr wrote:Hey I just wanted to come back and thank you all again for your kind words, they've brought a much needed smile to my face. I saw it mentioned a few times in here how kind, welcoming, and genuine he was on this forum, and I can say that was doubly true of him in real life. If you spoke to him, you had his undivided attention, if you asked him something, he could teach you without ever condescending or making you feel stupid, and he was always quick with a joke or an interesting fact. Above all though, he was utterly and completely selfless... It didn't surprise me at all that he didn't let on that he was sick.

So, thank you all again for this amazing outpouring of love for my dad, and remember that he sincerely loved all the time he got to spend with all of you. He always spoke very highly of you guys, and the time he spent here brought joy to his life.

That's exactly how I pictured him, JJJ. God bless your family in this time. Jeff is with Lombardi now.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff
Bogey

Re: OT: JustJeff

Postby texas » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:33 am

dirty sanchez wrote:I got to know Jeff from playing Mafia Wars on Facebook years ago. Got him started on it. I haven't talked to him in awhile so I had no idea what he was going through. But he was posting until the end like everyone would expect him to. Great guy who was liked by everyone.

You're the one who got him started on that? It was one of the few social games I joined, and I thought I had been doing well. I didn't devote that much time to it but it was something I did once in a while. He was in my mafia but then one day robbed me or whatever (I don't really remember how the game was played, but I remember this), so I tried to launch a sneak attack. I recruited several real friends and many online friends, thinking I had quite the powerful mafia to fight him off. Also, since it was a surprise ambush, I figured it would be a breeze.

Needless to say, he immediately snuffed out the attack and destroyed my entire mafia in under a minute, to which most involved were stunned as nobody had ever seen such a powerful mafia don. Later, he added many of my friends only to kick their asses as well. I quit mafia wars after that. I guess he was as good a mafia don as he was a person, that is to say, the best.

Suck it Bears.
Roger Goodell Phone: 212-450-2027
texas

Postby Dubyajay87 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:42 am

I posted here a few years back when I got banned at FootballsFuture. JJ was always one I could tell understood the game well and was seemingly a great guy. Others have already stated that he was a great communicator- that was something I noticed as well.

I went back to FF, and haven't really lurked here at all. Yoop let it be known that JJ had passed, so I thought I would log back in once more to say goodbye.

FF is thinking of you JJ and your family.

Sorry for your loss as well PNF. You all lost a great one.

Dubbs
yooperfan wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:Really you really think our line is that much better that we would he would be "much better" here?
not sure what you're trying to say there
Dubyajay87

Postby mart/uk » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:00 pm

Such sad news. Thoughts and prayers.
mart/uk

Postby Bogey » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:37 pm

My backyard is green and gold this morning. Thanks Jeff.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (153.75 KiB) Viewed 342 times
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff
Bogey

Postby packfntk » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:07 pm

Bogey wrote:My backyard is green and gold this morning. Thanks Jeff.

That is just awesome.

Wisconsin Cheese is better than California Cheese.
packfntk
Super Homer
Super Homer

Postby Bogey » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:32 pm

Bogey wrote:
JustJeff wrote:Bogey, I want to apologize. I broke one of my own rules and hijacked by Jim Taylor thread for Bart Starr. The fact is your story is a great one all on it's own. It's rare that we get to meet our heroes from our childhood and you got to do so at Lambeau after so many years very happy for you brother. The threat is now been split Bart Starr and my autograph helmet have their own thread along with Ringos lobbying for Jerry Kramer but this thread goes on strictly as an homage to Jim Taylor . Have a great weekend

Oh no need to apologize, Jeff. Jimmy Taylor just happened to be my personal hero in those days, but Bart is without question the greatest player of that or any other era, across the NFL. I'm so glad you put the spotlight on Bart. I really hope he somehow makes it to Lambeau on Thanksgiving night to receive the adoration he so deserves.

After that post, I meant to PM Jeff and tell him how much I admired his posts throughout the years and his work moderating this forum. I put it off, thinking I would no it "later." Sure wish I had done it when I had the chance.
Bogey

Postby Cdragon » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:56 am

I had been on the road and was catching up when I saw the terrible news and this wonderful thread. JustJeff deserves all the praise he has garnered and then sum. So sad he has passed away.
Cdragon

Postby lupethefiasco » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Im at a loss for words. I haven't been on here much lately but when I got on this morning I just can't believe it. I never met Jeff personally but he was an amazing guy. He was always the voice of reason when most of us were going off on a tangent. I know the feeling of losing your father. Its the most difficult thing I've ever had to deal with. I'm sorry for your loss and this board I'm sure will never be the same without him.

Jeff will greatly missed. I just really can't believe it.
Ted Thompson is a nutless wet blanket of a GM. NO BALLS! NO COJONES!
lupethefiasco

Postby buddy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:42 am

I am stunned by the news. JJJr please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your father. It's incredible how a person I've never met has actually had an influence on my life. I really enjoyed his perspective on the Packers but to be honest I usually read his posts to see how he would respond to other posters. It was always with the utmost integrity. He will be greatly missed.
buddy

Postby JKB » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:53 pm

I am so sorry for your loss.
Last edited by JKB on Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have done all the online research, I am basically web certified.
JKB

Re: OT: JustJeff

Postby JKB » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:06 pm

yoop wrote:I new something was wrong, he hasn't been himself in a year or more, I just didn't know what it was, and I even asked, I'am at a loss for words right now, so young, and such a great guy, If not for the grace of Just Jeff I would have been banned from here years ago, Jeff showed favor with me, probably out of sorrow for my ineptitude, who can say now, but JJ treated everyone fairly.

every morning Jeff would bring topics for us to read and comment on, he had this forum buzzing day in and day out with interesting packer news, and I always looked forward to a Just Jeff post, his football knowledge was as good as any other fan i new of, and he explained his point of view in a manor easy to understand, we'll all miss that now.

May God bless and reward you now Jeff, as you have done us.

really sad news

Ditto,
Yoop Jeff really liked you!

Back when we both got into it with some other dirtbag I was angry over my perceived way you were treated and being baited and let him know.
He would pm me to let me know he would never let you leave here, and how he was talking with you via pm to make sure you knew he had your back.
JKB

Postby JKB » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:08 pm

JustJeffJr wrote:Hey I just wanted to come back and thank you all again for your kind words, they've brought a much needed smile to my face. I saw it mentioned a few times in here how kind, welcoming, and genuine he was on this forum, and I can say that was doubly true of him in real life. If you spoke to him, you had his undivided attention, if you asked him something, he could teach you without ever condescending or making you feel stupid, and he was always quick with a joke or an interesting fact. Above all though, he was utterly and completely selfless... It didn't surprise me at all that he didn't let on that he was sick.

So, thank you all again for this amazing outpouring of love for my dad, and remember that he sincerely loved all the time he got to spend with all of you. He always spoke very highly of you guys, and the time he spent here brought joy to his life.

I am so sorry for your loss. Your father and I chatted over the years and was the reason I came with him to this site.

His personal story of a particular struggle early in his life that he overcame moved me. He offered a view on life that I had never known and in particular has changed my view and belief towards second chances. I am a better person because of it and I give credit to your father for that.

I picture him standing in a photo op with Lombardi right now.
JKB

Postby get louder at lambeau » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:49 pm

Per Foosball's suggestion to me via PM, the Packer Forum will now be retitled "JustJeff's Packers Forum. Hopefully we can keep it up to Jeff's standards.
get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Postby Bogey » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:57 pm

get louder at lambeau wrote:Per Foosball's suggestion to me via PM, the Packer Forum will now be retitled "JustJeff's Packers Forum. Hopefully we can keep it up to Jeff's standards.

Perfect!
Bogey

PreviousNext

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum