At The Break

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

At The Break

Postby GeMatt » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:44 am

Offense: Aaron Rodgers has not performed well the past two games. Wonder what is going on there? Linsley has really progressed in his second year.

Need WRs Davante Adams and Ty Montgomery back. Could be seeing Janis get some more playing time at WR in the second half of the season. He's been doing a great job on ST. James Jones is a big surprise who keeps on giving. Cobb needs to pick up his game. Glad to see Abbrederis on the field.

Lacy (ankle), Richard Rodgers, and LT Bakhtiari have been big disappointments. Rookie TE Backman has not progressed and looks like he is going to be benched in favor of Justin Perrilo. Starks has been terrific. Surprised Alonzo Harris has not gotten some playing time with Lacy playing so poorly.

Front seven led by Clay Matthews have played well. Clay is the team's MVP so far. Micah Hyde has been great in covering for Burnett. Randall and Rollings have done OK as CBs. Some good plays, some rookie mistakes.

ST playing better.

Do any of you think Mike is back calling the offensive plays? It sure looks like at times. Afraid he is going to be hit with a big fine for criticizing the refs at half time today.

The next game at Denver and the Nov 8th game in Carolina should be a good test. Need 7 more wins to win the North division. :D
GeMatt

Re: At The Break

Postby OldPackerFan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:55 am

From what I saw of Montgomery's injury, the Packers will be lucky if he plays again all season.

I disagree with you on Hyde, I thought he had a terrible game. Yes, ST's are a lot better.
Last edited by OldPackerFan on Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
OldPackerFan

Postby APB » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:56 am

I think your first bullet question was answered by the second bullet. Once this WR corps gets healthy, we'll see the pass game pick up.
APB

Postby paco » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:00 am

Bye will do this team some good. Lot's of guys beat up. Everyone minus Montgomery should be back. Saw on twitter a doctor saying it looked like a 2-4 week injury.

This team has won 2 straight games with the offense not playing very well. The defense gave up a ton this week. Say what you want about the teams we've played so far. But I think they've been some tough games. Won't get easier, but we've found ways to win without playing our best.

Lots of road games the rest of the way. Have to do the same on the road. But this team has shown a lot of resilience so far. Different players are stepping up and making plays. Guys who most didn't list as top candidates to do so. Perry, Datone, Raji, Starks. Its not just the superstars winning it for us. Rookies are playing a big part.

Call me crazy. 6-0 and the future is looking pretty bright. May not be pretty, but I'm optimistic 8-) .
paco

Postby grace1st » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:43 am

I think the next two games, against solid defenses, will gauge where we are.

To win both, I think, would really speak well for us.

Somebody on tv last week said that Green Bay just knows how to win. That seems true. They work around their issues better than other teams.

I pray for no more injuries. There is a new one every week. At this point, I'd say that Janis and/or Abbrederis will need to prove their worth if we are going to advance from our current point. They simply aren't there yet. This is the weak point of our team right now.
God bless America
grace1st

Postby RodgePodge » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:08 am

Rodgers has been 90% fine. One "bad" game. It's all relative.
Make the Packers Great Again!
RodgePodge

Postby Willink » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:15 am

RodgePodge wrote:Rodgers has been 90% fine. One "bad" game. It's all relative.

No turnovers and higher QB rating than Rivers

EDIT: also catches to 9 dif targets, noone caught more than 2 don't recall that ever happening with Rodgers
Willink

Postby RodgePodge » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:30 am

Willink wrote:
RodgePodge wrote:Rodgers has been 90% fine. One "bad" game. It's all relative.

No turnovers and higher QB rating than Rivers

EDIT: also catches to 9 dif targets, noone caught more than 2 don't recall that ever happening with Rodgers

The "bad" game wasn't this week but last week.
Make the Packers Great Again!
RodgePodge

Postby Pugger » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:57 am

I think our offensive woes are directly caused by how many of our ball handlers are hurt. Losing Jordy really limits our vertical passing game. Lacy's ankle is probably worse than they are letting on. Cobb and Jones are not 100%, Adams has been MIA for weeks and now Monty could be out for at least a month. Janis hasn't earned Rodgers trust yet and Abby is just getting his feet wet. We really need this bye week to get some of our walking wounded back.
Pugger

Postby Criticuria » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:37 am

Jeff Janis must have been overheard saying McCarthy is a blimp and Aaron is a prima donna, because neither of those guys will give him a compliment without the beat writers asking a direct question about the guy.

Starks doesn't get into the end zone without Janis's block at the 10 yard line. His two catches were the longest gainers of the day. He's our best gunner, & best hope for a punt blocker (did he affect the punt where he injured the punter? I know he affected the punter's second punt ... I was sure the guy's foot was going to fly off, like the kicker in the SImpson's).

I'm not believing the mental error excuse anymore. Janis definitely shtupt Rodger's girlfriend.
Is life as boring as you are?
Criticuria

Postby flapackfan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:56 am

I watched the Bears/Lions as I am sure many did. I am so grateful for our problems.
Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen prove that they are insured, but doesn't require every person to prove they are a citizen. Many who can't prove they are citizens will receive free insurance from those that are citizens.
flapackfan

Postby JKB » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:09 pm

Criticuria wrote:Jeff Janis must have been overheard saying McCarthy is a blimp and Aaron is a prima donna, because neither of those guys will give him a compliment without the beat writers asking a direct question about the guy.

Starks doesn't get into the end zone without Janis's block at the 10 yard line. His two catches were the longest gainers of the day. He's our best gunner, & best hope for a punt blocker (did he affect the punt where he injured the punter? I know he affected the punter's second punt ... I was sure the guy's foot was going to fly off, like the kicker in the SImpson's).

I'm not believing the mental error excuse anymore. Janis definitely shtupt Rodger's girlfriend.

He is obviously behind mentally with the need we have at receiver, also a big part is fans inflated hype/view of a player...sop. There are reasons he was drafted where he was...
I have done all the online research, I am basically web certified.
JKB

Postby Cdragon » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:09 pm

I'd say ARs standards have hurt him some. If Janis keeps making mental mistakes AR won't reward him with a touch. No touches means you're only playing with 10 men on the field. Defenses don't guard the guy as tightly and that DB is more likely to cheat toward another receiver and try to jump a ball meant for somebody else. You have to use what you have even if Janis is not assignment perfect. Some touches now should make the kid hungry for more, make him work harder to get the ball, and make the D respect him some.

And I would say 3 more wins will take the North as long as two of those are against the vikes. Keep plowing on to home field advantage!
Cdragon

Postby KS Cheesehead » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:14 pm

flapackfan wrote:I watched the Bears/Lions as I am sure many did. I am so grateful for our problems.

+ 100.

I watched the Chiefs (minus Jamaal Charles) and Queens for awhile before switching to Det/Chi and Ari/Pit. KC's offense minus Charles is offensive. A topic with five pages is probably on a forum somewhere about that mess. Wow.
KS Cheesehead

Postby packfntk » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:56 pm

Yeah, we have what some would say are first class problems. We are very fortunate for what we have to complain about, but it is our job to dissect them and hold them accountable. :lol:

But in all reality, the defense has played well up to this point, and has surpassed my expectations through the first 6 games.

Wisconsin Cheese is better than California Cheese.
packfntk
Super Homer
Super Homer

Next

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum