At The Break

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: At The Break

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:25 pm

BF004 wrote:Will be very interesting to see how we do after 8 games, with Sunday night @ 6-0 Denver, short week then @ currently 5-0 Carolina.

I would expect us to drop 1 of those 2. I would be disappointed if we dropped both.
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby Half Empty » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:58 pm

That's why the coaches get paid. Somebody figured out how to blunt the Rodgers magic, at least temporarily, so it's up the Packer offensive coaches to come up with a counter.
Half Empty

Postby Pack Power » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:24 am

Wish I could remember which paid predictor had us going 11-5 for the season, but I can't. Anyhow, in that case we would only need to win 50 percent of our remaining 10 regular season games. But I am still thinking 19-0 as usual. I am thinking we have had a couple of so-so games and they are over and the rest will be "know-so" and we win it all.
Pack Power
Important Cog in the Brain-trust

Postby ESKYMOPACK » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:20 pm

Pugger wrote:
ESKYMOPACK wrote:It's hard for us to gauge what's really going on unless we can see the whole play develop. I just don't see the separation of WR's, so YES it's making AR hold the ball longer. What he did to slide around the pass rush in earlier games this year, and roll out of the pocket has developed a strategy to make a small triangle around AR, and pinch him tight in the pocket. Teams are forcing AR to dump the ball down and their LBers are ready for it.

What's made AR look really, really good in the past is having Nelson's ability to stretch the field, and take on a safety's help for at least 3 seconds, just enough time for AR to scan the field and find an open WR. Cobb has been relegated to running quick routes that they can double him with a LBer, and that leaves Jones, Adams, and Montgomery one on one with DB's. If those guys can't get open quick enough, like what has happened in the past, and AR doesn't get a second look down the field when he can't break the pass rush, all hell breaks loose.

We lead the league in passing when Rodgers could improvise outside the pocket. After the first couple games, it's been harder for him to break that pocket.

I suspect defenses are doing a better job at keeping him bottled up so he can't escape.

What our LT's try to do is to push the pass-rush out wide and beyond AR, so he can either step into the pocket or find that crease to get OUT of the pocket. What the Chargers did is to drive those LT's back into Rodgers and pin him into a very tight pocket, which made him feel uncomfortable the whole game, AND didn't really allow him to find that escape crease. Sacked!
In Memory of JustJeff
ESKYMOPACK

Postby grace1st » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:46 pm

Pack Power wrote:Wish I could remember which paid predictor had us going 11-5 for the season, but I can't. Anyhow, in that case we would only need to win 50 percent of our remaining 10 regular season games. But I am still thinking 19-0 as usual. I am thinking we have had a couple of so-so games and they are over and the rest will be "know-so" and we win it all.

THIS!

I don't buy into the thing about splitting the Denver and Carolina games; especially if our health is improving over the bye. We are as good (or better) as any team on the planet. Period.
God bless America
grace1st

Previous

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum