McCarthy's Monday Presser

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: McCarthy's Monday Presser

Postby BF004 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:01 pm

Pckfn23 wrote:Who is your number 1 offense?

Posted above, NE easy at this point.
BF004

Postby Pckfn23 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:02 pm

Gotchya, thanks.

Anyone else have a top 3 offense right now?
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby go pak go » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:05 pm

Pckfn23 wrote:And yet this group has 2 WRs in the top 5 of TD receptions.

And yet this WR group has accounted for 12 TD receptions, the next highest group in the league is Arizona and Jacksonville with 10.

And this offense scored more points than a record setting day by the opposing QB and WR. That's pretty impressive. I love this team. :D

I would put NE above GB, but AZ and Cincinnati right in line with GB. I'm really excited to see how this offense does after a bye week of preparation in Denver. These next six games will be huge for this season.
Next Man Up
go pak go

Postby grace1st » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:16 pm

go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:And yet this group has 2 WRs in the top 5 of TD receptions.

And yet this WR group has accounted for 12 TD receptions, the next highest group in the league is Arizona and Jacksonville with 10.

And this offense scored more points than a record setting day by the opposing QB and WR. That's pretty impressive. I love this team. :D

I would put NE above GB, but AZ and Cincinnati right in line with GB. I'm really excited to see how this offense does after a bye week of preparation in Denver. These next six games will be huge for this season.

This. I think I've seen stats in the past about how McCarthy's Packers have had a very good record of winning the week after the bye. I'd really like to see us rack 30+ against that Denver D in Denver. If it's anything like the last time the Pack was there, we'll have LOTS of Packer Nation in attendance.
God bless America
grace1st

Postby backthepack4ever » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:05 pm

I also feel once we get healthy ( sooner rather then later), we open up the offense. Mac said we haven't seen anything yet. I really believe that. Our o line always starts slow. By nov they pick it up. That will get the running game going, and open up the pass game. I don't want to peak in week 6. This team is built for playoffs. This bye came at a great time. I see us hanging 30 on one of the top defenses in 2 weeks.

Pats
Pack

A bunch of who cares offenses.
Doubt Kills

"Everyone wants to be a BEAST, until it's time to do what real BEASTS do"
backthepack4ever

Postby Pckfn23 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:14 pm

Are we all in agreement that New England is one of the league's best offenses?
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby Pugger » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:21 pm

Pckfn23 wrote:Are we all in agreement that New England is one of the league's best offenses?

What defenses has NE faced so far this year?
Pugger

Postby YoHoChecko » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:37 pm

Pckfn23 wrote:Are we all in agreement that New England is one of the league's best offenses?

I sense a build-up to a big reveal coming.

I think the Bengals offense has been better than the Packers' this year. The Steelers with Roethlisberger is great. And the Cardinals are in the conversation.

But of course, New England too. Hit us with what you've been sitting on, 23!
YoHoChecko

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:14 am

NE Offense DVOA is 32.8%, putting them 1st, ahead of CIN at 32.3%.

per FO

--

I'm not sure I buy much of this kind of analysis though. I think there is much in football that is random and the N is always small, rosters change, and there is a temporal aspect that is difficult to analyze (when you play a team).

--

GB is a complete team right now. Good at all aspects, which the potential to be spectacular on either side on any given Sunday.

SB 50 is ours for the taking.
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Postby JKB » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:09 pm

Every team has warts, about 6 teams look like contenders for trophy
Rank any way you like
I have done all the online research, I am basically web certified.
JKB

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:07 pm

New England, a consensus top 3 offense in the league doesn't have these speed receivers that some think is necessary to run an NFL passing attack. We have heard gripe after gripe since Jordy went down that we would be hurting as an offense because we couldn't take the top off the defense. The problem with that assumption is that Jordy wasn't a speedster int he first place. Jordy Nelson ran a 4.51 and we just fine with Jordy, Randall, and Davante last season. As New England and the 2014 Green Bay Packers shows, blazing speed is not necessary to make an NFL passing attack function.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby NCF » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:14 pm

Pckfn23 wrote:As New England and the 2014 Green Bay Packers shows, blazing speed is not necessary to make an NFL passing attack function.

I think most (or at least some) have accepted this as fact. There are many ways to get the job done. Contrast NE and GB as a prime example. They could not possibly be more different on offense, yet still among the league's most effective offensive attacks.

Still, blazing speed, if you are able to get it, you're never going to turn it away.

I still think Janis could be that guy, this season. Not as a necessity or not as someone that is on the field all the time, but in spots.

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:23 pm

NCF wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:As New England and the 2014 Green Bay Packers shows, blazing speed is not necessary to make an NFL passing attack function.

I think most (or at least some) have accepted this as fact. There are many ways to get the job done. Contrast NE and GB as a prime example. They could not possibly be more different on offense, yet still among the league's most effective offensive attacks.

Still, blazing speed, if you are able to get it, you're never going to turn it away.

I still think Janis could be that guy, this season. Not as a necessity or not as someone that is on the field all the time, but in spots.

I completely agree with everything you said (I would hope all accept it as fact). Speed is nice, it helps, but not a necessity for the functionality of an NFL offense.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby yoop » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:50 pm

If ya run a short version of a wc attack as NE does then speed isn't as important, if you run more vertical passing then speed helps more, we could sure use a leap from Janis after the bye.
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby OldPackerFan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:32 pm

yoop wrote:If ya run a short version of a wc attack as NE does then speed isn't as important, if you run more vertical passing then speed helps more, we could sure use a leap from Janis after the bye.

Yes getting a leap from Janis would help. But getting last year's Eddie Lacy back would help too. Starks breaks the big runs but then gets stuffed for no gain on first down too often.
OldPackerFan

PreviousNext

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum