What is your favorite position group on the 2015 Packers?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

What is your favorite position group on the 2015 Packers?

Postby Papa John » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:32 pm

The defensive line is my favorite position group on this Packers team. B.J. Raji is rejuvenated and is again playing like a top-10 draft pick. I like Daniels' aggression and he seems to be the vocal leader; the "pit bull" if you will. Datone Jones has come up big with some key late-game pressures. I thought Pennel was one of Sunday's game MVP's. He turned in a stellar performance in Raji's absence. Guion, at the very least, has proven to be a solid rotational body. He adds healthy depth to a defensive line that I'm sure is the envy of many teams.

I can just feel the cohesiveness with this group. Aside from raw talent, they have something intangible that I can't put my finger on; resilience perhaps?

I think this defensive line is the Packers' strongest asset not named Aaron Rodgers.
Papa John

Re: What is your favorite position group on the 2015 Packers

Postby YoHoChecko » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:39 pm

The linebackers?

I'm sort of surprised to write it myself. I want to say "the outside LBs" but I want to include Matthews. And Palmer and Thomas do pretty decently, so I'll just go with Linebackers.
YoHoChecko

Postby Trudge » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:21 pm

YoHoChecko wrote:The linebackers?

I'm sort of surprised to write it myself. I want to say "the outside LBs" but I want to include Matthews. And Palmer and Thomas do pretty decently, so I'll just go with Linebackers.

Have to agree with this. For the first time in what seems years I feel the linebacking crew is flying around, making plays and being disruptive as hell. Matthews, Peppers, Neal, Palmer, Thomas, Perry, Elliott, good crew we got I think.
Trudge

Postby go pak go » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:35 pm

I'm going in a different direction: Our first round draft picks.

Our team never reached that next level because of the disappointment of play or health from our first round picks. This year is different with the resurgence of BJ and Perry and the unexpected ass kicking from Datone Jones. Add Bulaga, Demarious and Dix who has played great the last few weeks and this team has a new look to it. I really think Datone Jones has been one of the most underappreciated Packers this year. The man made the two most important and difficult plays last Sunday.
Next Man Up
go pak go

Postby KS Cheesehead » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:45 pm

I'll agree with Yoho, I often seem to pick an OLB for the Here's Johnny. Hard to argue against the Dline and Oline as well.

Hopefully after the bye the WR group will gain some popularity. Maybe the DBs will have a pickfest against the donkeys.
KS Cheesehead

Postby Bigcheese » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:06 pm

Brett Goode continues to do a great job!
RIP Peace Jeff
38-17 Packers!
Bigcheese

Postby backthepack4ever » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:23 pm

Bigcheese wrote:Brett Goode continues to do a great job!

Haha. +1

Go pack go Great group. I agree. I thought D Jones looked great in July, nice to see him coming on.

I'd like to say front seven but that's to broad. I'll go lbers with yoho. The group, when healthy, is deep and can sub in and out to stay fresh. If Perry can stay healthy and Elliott keeps it up we have a deadly pass rush. It's pretty nice to put clay and pep on one side and the other side can hit home!!
Doubt Kills

"Everyone wants to be a BEAST, until it's time to do what real BEASTS do"
backthepack4ever

Postby OldPackerFan » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:14 pm

I agree
OldPackerFan

Postby bud fox » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:55 am

QB easily.

Dline and Interior Oline next.
bud fox

Postby Bogey » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:12 am

I've always been an O-line guy and I like this one a lot.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff
Bogey

Postby Jim T » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:01 am

backthepack4ever wrote:
Bigcheese wrote:Brett Goode continues to do a great job!

Haha. +1

Go pack go Great group. I agree. I thought D Jones looked great in July, nice to see him coming on.

I'd like to say front seven but that's to broad. I'll go lbers with yoho. The group, when healthy, is deep and can sub in and out to stay fresh. If Perry can stay healthy and Elliott keeps it up we have a deadly pass rush. It's pretty nice to put clay and pep on one side and the other side can hit home!!

I think saying the front 7 is a good group, not that broad. When you look at these guys Matthews plays everywhere, Neal and Peppers are used as DE's in some formations. IMO there are some many talented and versatile players it is hard to peg them at one position.
You think these are tough times? For your sake, I hope you never see tough times.
Jim T

Postby Jim T » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:03 am

I think that Palmer has a chance to get better and solidify that position. Considering this is his first full year as an inside backer. He is still learning how to play the position. Same with Thomas. He's a young guy still wet behind the ears.
You think these are tough times? For your sake, I hope you never see tough times.
Jim T

Postby ESKYMOPACK » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:27 pm

I likey the LBer crew.

Mathews is flying around creating chaos and Palmer, Thomas are cleaning up, and I think Peppers, Perry, Neal, Elliot could be considered the best OLBer crew in the NFL.

I likey the DB's.

Wow, it's almost like lightening has struck twice with the 2 rookies. Shields is probably a little scared that he may not have a job in the future here! Our safeties are playing more assignment sure than in the past.

I likey our DL.

What a change it's been since they started to penetrate the LOS rather than holding up guys. Daniels and Raji are doing fantastic, and Pennell and Guion are coming on. Keep stopping the run guys.

I likey the OL.

San Diego did something to this OL they weren't used to. They rushed AR into a tight pocket by not taking the OT's out wide so that AR didn't have a place to go. That will be fixed and so should Bahk and his injury and our running game. Like this unit a lot!
In Memory of JustJeff
ESKYMOPACK

Postby Jim T » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:04 pm

I also like our running back group.

Fullbacks are o.k. but I really like Lacy and Starks.

I think Starks is very, very good.

What a find for Ted and his scouts.
Jim T

Postby lulu » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:12 pm

Not much to be disappointed about this season aside from injuries and you can't blame anyone for that.

In the spirit of "Here's Johnny" - I'd have to say our secondary. As a group they have exceeded my expectations the most. With 2 rookies, I thought we'd struggle a little more early in the season and that hasn't been the case. Shields had a rough go of it against the Bears and Chargers but pretty solid otherwise. I still don't think Casey is the long term answer on the outside. Just as well, he's pretty good in the slot.
lulu

Next

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum