Florio Thinks We Should Trade for Steve Smith

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Florio Thinks We Should Trade for Steve Smith

Postby flapackfan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:20 pm

Greenman Wrote

Steve can still play and he's practically carrying the team (and unfortunately for them they're still losing). I'd imagine he wouldn't come cheap. With his attitude I think he'd want some coin.

I am pretty sure a trade, unless he has a no trade contract, wouldn't require a renegotiation with the player. I don't want him, just wanted to clarify.
Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen prove that they are insured, but doesn't require every person to prove they are a citizen. Many who can't prove they are citizens will receive free insurance from those that are citizens.
flapackfan

Postby OldPackerFan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:33 pm

ESKYMOPACK wrote:Rather than a WR, why not a TE? I think once we get Adams and Montgomery back from injury we'll be O.K. and I would hope that Montgomery starts to make a little splash throughout the next 10 games. One of the bigger problems we've had on this offense is that guy who can catch over the middle AND GET the first downs, not go down to shoe string tackles

+1
OldPackerFan

Postby HeavyD » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:29 pm

OldPackerFan wrote:
ESKYMOPACK wrote:Rather than a WR, why not a TE? I think once we get Adams and Montgomery back from injury we'll be O.K. and I would hope that Montgomery starts to make a little splash throughout the next 10 games. One of the bigger problems we've had on this offense is that guy who can catch over the middle AND GET the first downs, not go down to shoe string tackles

+1

And take snaps away from Richard Rodges...the audacity! :kaboom:
HeavyD

Postby yoop » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:16 am

HeavyD wrote:
OldPackerFan wrote:

+1

And take snaps away from Richard Rodges...the audacity! :kaboom:

:lol:

plus it's not as though the TE store has a improved model available, I'd be interested in Smith, I havn't seen him play lately, but if he can still draw a safety, if he still can muscle position on a DB you bet I'd like to have him, I think this is a year where ya throw a few extra marbles into the ring.
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby Cdragon » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:58 pm

Time and a torn Achilles solves the issue. He is out for the season and probably his career.
Cdragon

Postby NCF » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:59 pm

Cdragon wrote:Time and a torn Achilles solves the issue. He is out for the season and probably his career.

Unfortunate way to end it, if it is truly the end. I really don't like the guy, but I respect the heck out of him as a football player.

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:04 pm

Been travelin' all day...did Steve Smith go down with an achilles today??
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Postby NCF » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:07 pm

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:Been travelin' all day...did Steve Smith go down with an achilles today??

Yep.

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby Papa John » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:15 am

He also had a hell of a catch. Beat 2 defenders on an improv comeback.
Papa John

Postby yoop » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:51 am

NCF wrote:
Cdragon wrote:Time and a torn Achilles solves the issue. He is out for the season and probably his career.

Unfortunate way to end it, if it is truly the end. I really don't like the guy, but I respect the heck out of him as a football player.

this would have never happened if Ted would have traded for him, Teddy sends another great player to early retirement, dang you Ted :lol:

I've always like Steve Smith the WR, to bad his career has to end this way.
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby OldPackerFan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:19 am

yoop wrote:
NCF wrote:

this would have never happened if Ted would have traded for him, Teddy sends another great player to early retirement, dang you Ted :lol:

I've always like Steve Smith the WR, to bad his career has to end this way.

Lots of worse injuries. I should know, I completely tore mine. It is not particularly painful and it never bothers me now except that that leg is a little weaker. But it will take a full year for a full recovery so he is done.
OldPackerFan

Previous

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum