Packer-Bronco Ticket Price article

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Packer-Bronco Ticket Price article

Postby Colpackfan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:58 am

Just wanted to share a local Denver article from Westword. Westword is sort of a hipster-dufuss publication. Packer fans seem to be buying and filling Mile High Stadium for the big game :lol: .

I never really post here but I read the forum here a lot. Thought this was interesting.

Go Pack!

P.S. If someone knows how and is interested enough to paste the article here, please do so. I'm not sure how you do that.

http://www.westword.com/news/top-price- ... 62-7261126
Colpackfan

Re: Packer-Bronco Ticket Price article

Postby GJPackerBacker » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:13 am

Greetings from the Western Slope. I will be attending the game with my 4 children. Should be great fun! I did have to purchase one ticket from Stubhub in the nose bleed section. It did cost around $350.

We will be there in our Green and Gold making some NOISE!
GO PACK GO!!!
GJPackerBacker

Postby APB » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:40 am

I know the pain of traveling fans. I've been scouting Packer-Panther tickets and it looks like this is going to be a financially painful road trip to Charlotte.

Thanks for sharing the article. Was going to post the article in whole but with all the screen shots, it's probably best left as a link.
APB

Postby packfntk » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:12 pm

Leaving for this game in a week. We waited to buy tickets because they were $650-$700 in the lower bowl and that is always where we buy tickets. Now the cheapest ticket online in the 500 section is $485 and the cheapest ticket in the 100 section is $800 with all the fees. Just plain nuts. We are going there without tickets and just purchasing them day before, or day of game hoping to get a $50-$100 price break. If not, we will just have to suck it up and pay up.

Sucks, we typically buy tickets in June/July for these trips.

Wisconsin Cheese is better than California Cheese.
packfntk
Super Homer
Super Homer

Postby APB » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:03 pm

packfntk wrote:Leaving for this game in a week. We waited to buy tickets because they were $650-$700 in the lower bowl and that is always where we buy tickets. Now the cheapest ticket online in the 500 section is $485 and the cheapest ticket in the 100 section is $800 with all the fees. Just plain nuts. We are going there without tickets and just purchasing them day before, or day of game hoping to get a $50-$100 price break. If not, we will just have to suck it up and pay up.

I've adopted the same strategy with the Panther game. Got the hotel and parking all reserved, just need a stinking game ticket(s)!
APB

Postby backthepack4ever » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:19 pm

APB wrote:
packfntk wrote:Leaving for this game in a week. We waited to buy tickets because they were $650-$700 in the lower bowl and that is always where we buy tickets. Now the cheapest ticket online in the 500 section is $485 and the cheapest ticket in the 100 section is $800 with all the fees. Just plain nuts. We are going there without tickets and just purchasing them day before, or day of game hoping to get a $50-$100 price break. If not, we will just have to suck it up and pay up.

I've adopted the same strategy with the Panther game. Got the hotel and parking all reserved, just need a stinking game ticket(s)!

Same here. Where are you stAying APB??
Doubt Kills

"Everyone wants to be a BEAST, until it's time to do what real BEASTS do"
backthepack4ever

Postby Beagle » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:33 pm

APB wrote:I know the pain of traveling fans. I've been scouting Packer-Panther tickets and it looks like this is going to be a financially painful road trip to Charlotte.

Thanks for sharing the article. Was going to post the article in whole but with all the screen shots, it's probably best left as a link.

My trip to Carolina is getting sidetracked. :cry:

If I get there, it will be last minute. But if I do, I'll message you APB. I would love to meet up with you! And any other packer fans on this site!
“….I firmly believe that any man’s finest hours – his greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear – is that moment when he has worked his heart out in good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.”
Beagle

Postby grace1st » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:08 pm

I've heard that ticket prices normally drop quite a bit the day before the game. Don't know for sure, but that's what I've heard.

I was at that last Green Bay game there several years ago, on Monday night. I think more than half the stadium was Packer fans. It was electric all night!

BTW, if any of you guys do go to Denver, I'd advise giving yourself LOTS of time to drive to the stadium. I-25 gets packed and often bottlenecks more than you'd expect. Parking at a remote location and taking the Light Rail is also a great option, if you aren't packing loads of tail-gating stuff.
God bless America
grace1st

Postby packfntk » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:16 pm

grace1st wrote:I've heard that ticket prices normally drop quite a bit the day before the game. Don't know for sure, but that's what I've heard.

I was at that last Green Bay game there several years ago, on Monday night. I think more than half the stadium was Packer fans. It was electric all night!

BTW, if any of you guys do go to Denver, I'd advise giving yourself LOTS of time to drive to the stadium. I-25 gets packed and often bottlenecks more than you'd expect. Parking at a remote location and taking the Light Rail is also a great option, if you aren't packing loads of tail-gating stuff.

Thanks for the heads up. Our hotel is .9 miles away from the stadium, so I think we are good to go. Can't wait to pack that stadium!

packfntk
Super Homer
Super Homer

Postby Colpackfan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:18 pm

Yeah, seems to make sense to wait for prices to drop. I hope everybody here can get reasonable priced tickets.

Seems I don't need to encourage noise, Peyton doesn't seem to like that. Awhile ago he was even complaining about the hometown fans making noise while they're on offense :cry: .

Have fun and go Pack!
Colpackfan

Postby APB » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:33 am

backthepack4ever wrote:
APB wrote:

Holiday Inn Charlotte Airport. Driving down Saturday with my daughter and gonna find us some Packer fans to party the night away with. Where are you staying? Would love to share a beer or 8!
APB

Postby backthepack4ever » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:52 am

APB wrote:
backthepack4ever wrote:
APB wrote:

Holiday Inn Charlotte Airport. Driving down Saturday with my daughter and gonna find us some Packer fans to party the night away with. Where are you staying? Would love to share a beer or 8!

We are staying at the aloft uptown. It's a few blocks from the stadium. We aren't getting in til Sunday morning early and staying Sunday night. Would love to get up. I will send you my number when it gets alittle closer.
Doubt Kills

"Everyone wants to be a BEAST, until it's time to do what real BEASTS do"
backthepack4ever

Postby APB » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:00 am

backthepack4ever wrote:
APB wrote:
backthepack4ever wrote:
APB wrote:

We are staying at the aloft uptown. It's a few blocks from the stadium. We aren't getting in til Sunday morning early and staying Sunday night. Would love to get up. I will send you my number when it gets alittle closer.

Yeah, I waited too long to get a room and the only places left near the stadium were gonna cost me a fortune. Got a room near the airport and a parking pass for a garage about a half mile from the stadium and will get there early and find some Packer tailgaters.
APB

Postby RingoCStarrQB » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:20 am

Stubhub says: Upper deck endzone are going for $350, and 50 yard line seats behind the Packers bench are going for $1,000.

This ain't no NFC Championship Game at Lambeau Field folks............ not even close.

GO PACKERs

THE PACK WILL BE BACK
'There are football fans and there are Packer fans' 1-13-2002
'Green Bay, I hope you're proud of us because we're proud of you' 1-12-1997
'Well then run it, and then let's get the hell out of here' 12-31-1967
RingoCStarrQB

Postby packfntk » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:41 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Stubhub says: Upper deck endzone are going for $350, and 50 yard line seats behind the Packers bench are going for $1,000.

This ain't no NFC Championship Game at Lambeau Field folks............ not even close.

GO PACKERs

And those prices don't count for the $150 PER TICKET charge.

packfntk
Super Homer
Super Homer

Next

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum