OT: House gets demoted

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

OT: House gets demoted

Postby YoHoChecko » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:04 pm

Just read that the Jags are sliding House to 3rd CB this week after he got torched by Hopkins in the 4th quarter.

Not surprising to most of us, I'd think, but also, sort of harsh given the level of competition Hopkins provides.
YoHoChecko

Re: OT: House gets demoted

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:15 pm

House was always very streaky.
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby Beagle » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Thompson was wise to let him walk and upgrade the talent through the draft. So far Randall is proving worthy of a #1 draft choice and Rollins, while young and inexperienced, is starting to flash some real potential.
“….I firmly believe that any man’s finest hours – his greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear – is that moment when he has worked his heart out in good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.”
Beagle

Postby packfntk » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:57 pm

Beagle wrote:Thompson was wise to let him walk and upgrade the talent through the draft. So far Randall is proving worthy of a #1 draft choice and Rollins, while young and inexperienced, is starting to flash some real potential.

Exactly. Both look to be great prospects. I absolutely love what they have done this far.

When house got that money, I said good riddance, not worth that much coin and I think we all knew that.

Wisconsin Cheese is better than California Cheese.
packfntk
Super Homer
Super Homer

Postby TheGreenMan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:25 pm

packfntk wrote:
Beagle wrote:Thompson was wise to let him walk and upgrade the talent through the draft. So far Randall is proving worthy of a #1 draft choice and Rollins, while young and inexperienced, is starting to flash some real potential.

Exactly. Both look to be great prospects. I absolutely love what they have done this far.

When house got that money, I said good riddance, not worth that much coin and I think we all knew that.

I was a little disappointed that we couldn't retain House during the offseason, but the money he was given was such a stretch. I'm really liking what I see from our two rookie CB's - showing some big time potential.

Didn't find the picks "sexy" back in April, but teddy sure knows what he's doing.
RIP JustJeff
TheGreenMan

Postby Beagle » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:21 pm

TheGreenMan wrote:I was a little disappointed that we couldn't retain House during the offseason, but the money he was given was such a stretch. I'm really liking what I see from our two rookie CB's - showing some big time potential.

Didn't find the picks "sexy" back in April, but teddy sure knows what he's doing.

I was more disappointed in letting Tramon Williams walk. I thought he was a key component to the backfield while viewing House not as highly as some. Tramon is quietly having a decent year in Cleveland.

PFF rating: +4.7
Snaps: 220 (in coverage)
Targeted: 40
Receptions allowed: 18
Yards: 254
INT's: 0
TD's allowed: 1

Still, I like that we got younger and have some time to develop these guys. If they keep improving, our draft next year can focus on the OL, TE (and Safety) with much less for "need". We have some serious young talent in Elliot and Pennell as well and who knows what Palmer will look like by the end of the year.

For people that question Thompsons testicular fortitude in Free Agency (Me included) he sure shows it in letting veterans walk and trusting his judgement on draft day! Thompson has some brass!
“….I firmly believe that any man’s finest hours – his greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear – is that moment when he has worked his heart out in good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.”
Beagle

Postby packfntk » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:44 pm

Yeah, I didn't want to see TWill go, but $7 million a year is just a little steep.

Wisconsin Cheese is better than California Cheese.
packfntk
Super Homer
Super Homer

Postby Beagle » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:47 pm

packfntk wrote:Yeah, I didn't want to see TWill go, but $7 million a year is just a little steep.

Yea, I thought so too!
Beagle

Postby salmar80 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:38 pm

Beagle wrote:
packfntk wrote:Yeah, I didn't want to see TWill go, but $7 million a year is just a little steep.

Yea, I thought so too!

I thought it was risky letting both go, and even House hasn't played bad (ranked 58th/107 CBs with -1.1 grade while playing a ton of snaps). I did feel both got way too rich contracts at their situations.

I NEVER would've guessed Randall would step in almost immediately at CB and play as well as he has. The pre-draft talk was he was talented but a bit of a project. Kudos to him! He's ranked 23rd with +2.4 grade. Once he gets his first INT, he'll really get rolling, and he's had his hands on some - a greedy guy would've selfishly tried to intercept that last pass from Rivers. Rollings has also showed all the tools to become a great slot corner and a knack for INTs.

Shields is graded 24th, and he has really stepped up his game after a bit of a down year (except vs the Chargers).

Regardless of what happens with Hayward in UFA, we'll have a trio of solid young corners for the foreseeable future. Big hand to TT for nailing first 2 picks at a need position.
Comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought

salmar80

Postby JKB » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:35 pm

salmar80 wrote:
Beagle wrote:

Yea, I thought so too!

I thought it was risky letting both go, and even House hasn't played bad (ranked 58th/107 CBs with -1.1 grade while playing a ton of snaps). I did feel both got way too rich contracts at their situations.

I NEVER would've guessed Randall would step in almost immediately at CB and play as well as he has. The pre-draft talk was he was talented but a bit of a project. Kudos to him! He's ranked 23rd with +2.4 grade. Once he gets his first INT, he'll really get rolling, and he's had his hands on some - a greedy guy would've selfishly tried to intercept that last pass from Rivers. Rollings has also showed all the tools to become a great slot corner and a knack for INTs.

Shields is graded 24th, and he has really stepped up his game after a bit of a down year (except vs the Chargers).

Regardless of what happens with Hayward in UFA, we'll have a trio of solid young corners for the foreseeable future. Big hand to TT for nailing first 2 picks at a need position.

I was very unhappy with losing both players, didnt trust Hayward, and the thought of starting a rookie ...ugh.
So far I was wrong, Randall has shocked me with his solid play.
Even though the Chargers showed huge weaknesses in our secondary that every future team will exploit to whatever degree!
Loved the drafting of the guys but wanted a veteran for this year.
I have done all the online research, I am basically web certified.
JKB

Postby texas » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:23 am

Pckfn23 wrote:House was always very streaky.

He was always very crappy.

Both of our talented rookie CBs are better now than he ever was for us. The guy would constantly get torched by top WRs.
Suck it Bears.
Roger Goodell Phone: 212-450-2027
texas

Postby Pugger » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:01 pm

I do recall when Ted drafted Randall it wasn't a very popular choice, probably because so many wanted TT to get a LB. Yes, both of these DBs Ted took last spring have the potential to be better than Tramon ever was.
Pugger

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum