More Trouble for Guion?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

More Trouble for Guion?

Postby NCF » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:49 am

It’s widely known that Packers defensive lineman Letroy Guion faced drug and gun charges earlier this year. It’s now known, thanks to a report from Michael Cohen and John Diedrich of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, that Guion previously faced domestic violence charges, too.

According to Cohen and Diedrich, Guion has been charged in connection with a stalking allegation and a pair of domestic violence incidents that resulted in three counts of battery. He once was accused of hitting the mother of his child in the jaw.

In two of those cases, the charges were dropped. In the other, Guion paid restitution in order to avoid additional consequences.

The domestic incidents occurred between 2011 and 2013, when Guion played for the Vikings. The incidents, according to Cohen and Diedrich, were publicly unreported and in turn unnoticed.

The real question is whether Guion reported the incidents to the Vikings or to the NFL. Although the league had no comment in connection with the Journal Sentinel report, the NFL could choose to say plenty if it turns out that multiple legal incidents involving Guion had never been properly disclosed by the player to his team or the league office.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -the-past/

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Re: More Trouble for Guion?

Postby Pckfn23 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:53 am

Old trouble.
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby NCF » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:56 am

Pckfn23 wrote:Old trouble.

The real question is whether Guion reported the incidents to the Vikings or to the NFL. Although the league had no comment in connection with the Journal Sentinel report, the NFL could choose to say plenty if it turns out that multiple legal incidents involving Guion had never been properly disclosed by the player to his team or the league office.

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby APB » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:37 am

Curious if the league would punish a player, and his team, for a disclosure violation not related to his current team.
APB

Postby Pckfn23 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:44 am

The writer supposes he didn't report, sounds a little Arrigoish if you ask me.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby RingoCStarrQB » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:06 am

It's BYE WEEK, so the writers are climbing the walls looking for stuff that may or may not be relevant to the hottest team in the NFL. The Packers are really hot now!

When Guion got busted this past summer I was probably the only one on this forum calling for his permanent dismissal. Of course no one listened (second chance syndrome). Hope he keeps himself clean from now on and has a great career with the Packers.

Surprised this post title was not required to be moved to DEFENSE .......... a clear 'random thought' related to the defense :lol:

GO PACKERs

Mod Edit: Ringo, please check your email associated with your PN.net account for a link to a private message. Thanks.
THE PACK WILL BE BACK
'There are football fans and there are Packer fans' 1-13-2002
'Green Bay, I hope you're proud of us because we're proud of you' 1-12-1997
'Well then run it, and then let's get the hell out of here' 12-31-1967
RingoCStarrQB

Postby Pugger » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:51 pm

Pckfn23 wrote:The writer supposes he didn't report, sounds a little Arrigoish if you ask me.

Arrigoish?

Can the league punish a player for something he did in the past while on another team? It appears Guion isn't exactly a choir boy. :? Let's hope for his and his family's sake he has changed his ways.
Pugger

Postby Cdragon » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:10 pm

Pugger wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:The writer supposes he didn't report, sounds a little Arrigoish if you ask me.

Arrigoish?

Can the league punish a player for something he did in the past while on another team? It appears Guion isn't exactly a choir boy. :? Let's hope for his and his family's sake he has changed his ways.

They could punish a guy for something in the past, but they are pretty lousy with investigating current offenses. The NFL can't get slam dunk cases right, why would they want to go after a cold case that could get messy? What if they find that he did inform the vikes and their troubleshooter made it go away? Makes the league look bad, again. Plus it is before the Ray Rice screw up so he'd have to be disciplined under the early lax punishment. It is more in their interest to let it stay in the past. And the NFL looks out for their own interests.
Cdragon

Postby NCF » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:34 pm

Mike McCarthy:

@AaronNagler

"I'm not going to react to the article. I thought it was garbage." Mike giving a shout out to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby Pckfn23 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:35 pm

Me too Mike! :wink:
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby YoHoChecko » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:46 pm

NCF wrote:Mike McCarthy:

@AaronNagler

"I'm not going to react to the article. I thought it was garbage." Mike giving a shout out to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

OMG, that's awesome.

I wonder, as a writer, how you feel about that. My dad used to enjoy hate mail and hate because it "proved they were reading." But he also appreciated his good relationships with the coaches and possible sources. So being called garbage by the head coach is like "hey, the head coach reads my stuff!" and also "oh, the head coach thinks I'm garbage" Meh.
YoHoChecko

Postby Criticuria » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:25 pm

The two things I want to know:
1. Did she punch him in the nads before he punched her in the jaw?
2. Does she outweigh him?
Is life as boring as you are?
Criticuria

Postby yoop » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:28 pm

YoHoChecko wrote:
NCF wrote:Mike McCarthy:

@AaronNagler

OMG, that's awesome.

I wonder, as a writer, how you feel about that. My dad used to enjoy hate mail and hate because it "proved they were reading." But he also appreciated his good relationships with the coaches and possible sources. So being called garbage by the head coach is like "hey, the head coach reads my stuff!" and also "oh, the head coach thinks I'm garbage" Meh.

well the article presumes that the NFL, the Vikings, and the Packers don't do back ground checks, when the information is out there for anyone to find, so for them to report on it now as though NO one new about this is garbage, and only serves to create controversy concerning league punishment, whats the league suppose to do if he was cleared of the charges, I agree with McCarthy.
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby Stevedore » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:43 am

It's from the new guy, Cohen at the Sentinel. I've read and liked some of his other stuff that he's written, this reads like he has some sort of axe to grind with Guion. This is old news which has already been said here, author also subtlety takes a shot at the organization for signing Guion. :roll:
We Are America's Team!!
Stevedore

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum