Early Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Early Games

Postby yoop » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:26 am

APB wrote:Oakland looking like world beaters so far. Beating the tar out of the Chargers, in San Diego even.

Gate less, take away a weapon like that and Hyde looks like a good SS, it's always the matchups.

I read that SD looked uninspired, they sure didn't look uninspired a week ago, they didn't score a TD till the 4th Qtr. sat Gorden a half punishment for fumbles, and had no answer for Green who had 130 yards, that team needs to play like they did against us every week, they'd probably be 5-2 instead of 2-5.

the place is like a garage sale, what Fans they do have want them to leave, always had a iffy fan base, but then so has every team thats played in LA.
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby APB » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:47 am

Who is this Green they had no answer for?
APB

Postby yoop » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:33 am

APB wrote:Who is this Green they had no answer for?

do I have the name wrong? whatever, Oakland has a receiver that caught a bunch of passes for 130 plus yrds.
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby Pugger » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:09 am

APB wrote:Who is this Green they had no answer for?

SD? I thought we beat them...
Pugger

Postby salmar80 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:40 am

Rivers attempted another 58 passes in that loss. The dude is averaging 44 attempts per game and on is pace to throw 711 passes this season...

Arod's average is 30 attempts per game.

I guess hanging your whole O on the back of a good QB isn't the best strategy.
Comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought
salmar80

Postby Cdragon » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:47 pm

salmar80 wrote:Rivers attempted another 58 passes in that loss. The dude is averaging 44 attempts per game and on is pace to throw 711 passes this season...

Depends on the QB. Brady threw 54 times yesterday against 6 called rushing attempts.
Cdragon

Postby salmar80 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:14 pm

Cdragon wrote:
salmar80 wrote:Rivers attempted another 58 passes in that loss. The dude is averaging 44 attempts per game and on is pace to throw 711 passes this season...

Depends on the QB. Brady threw 54 times yesterday against 6 called rushing attempts.

It can work at times, especially with a red hot Brady (though I'm flabbergasted it worked against Revis & co), but is pretty risky as a full season strategy...

Rivers has 312 attempts on the season, Brady 251, Rodgers 182. Arod has just as many TDs as Rivers and 5 less INTs.
Comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought
salmar80

Postby yoop » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:30 pm

Cdragon wrote:

true, but it really helps when ya have two receivers that demand over the top coverage like Gronk and Edleman, and Amendola beating single coverage most of the game, not taking anything away from Brady, he had a great game as usual.
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby Cdragon » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:14 pm

yoop wrote:
Cdragon wrote:

true, but it really helps when ya have two receivers that demand over the top coverage like Gronk and Edleman, and Amendola beating single coverage most of the game, not taking anything away from Brady, he had a great game as usual.

Usually if you are throwing 50 times you are not the best team and you are trying to catch up. Odds are things aren't going to go well for you. The Jets played tough but when Marshall dropped the TD it was all Pats.
Cdragon

Postby Pugger » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:32 pm

Cdragon wrote:
yoop wrote:
Cdragon wrote:

Usually if you are throwing 50 times you are not the best team and you are trying to catch up. Odds are things aren't going to go well for you. The Jets played tough but when Marshall dropped the TD it was all Pats.

From what I can gather - I haven't seen a NE game yet this year - the Patriots are depending upon Brady more than any other QB this season seeing they have no running game to speak of. You just wonder how long he can keep this up?
Pugger

Postby Half Empty » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:24 pm

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-england-patriots/alltime-rushing

Given the RBs he's had throughout, and given his overall success, I'd say he can probably keep it up into February.
Half Empty

Postby Papa John » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:02 pm

God I love to see Brady back and tearing up the league. Just awesome. Where are the haters now?

And it will be even more awesome when the Pack sticks it to him in the Super Bowl.
Papa John

Postby Willink » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:25 am

Lmao these Erik Walden lowlights against saints
Willink

Previous

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum