OT: Lions fire OC and OL Coach

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: OT: Lions fire OC and OL Coach

Postby packfntk » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:08 pm

YoHoChecko wrote:
packfntk wrote:Have you watched the Lions? The playcalling is God-Awful. Just terrible. Nasty. But Stafford should start to get some of the blame as well. They have a complete mess going on in Detroit right now.

Start?

Stafford has been blamed and ridiculed by many analysts for a while now. It's just fantasy football and his production in raw numbers that have spared him being a laughing stock. He's never been thought of as an intellectually-sound guy who had great accuracy or makes great reads. Ever. He's just a volume guy with an elite WR.

See, I rarely hear people placing blame on Stafford. He continuously makes mistakes, and I have seen a ton of blame getting thrown around, which he is never pegged as the problem. Just because he throws for a bunch of yards in garbage time means nothing. But I don't hear him being labeled as the guy for their losses, maybe it's just me.

Wisconsin Cheese is better than California Cheese.
packfntk
Super Homer
Super Homer

Postby APB » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:15 am

texas wrote:
raptorman wrote:BTW, the new Offensive Coordinator in Detroit is Jim Bob Cooter. Now if that name don't make you smile.........

I know it's obviously not actually as bad as it sounds, but imagine hearing the headline for this for the first time:

"Lombardi fired by the Lions, Jim Bob Cooter hired".

Now, that headline just sounds like one that has all the makings of one of those "Top 10 Worst Decisions in NFL History" specials 25 years down the road. I mean, I know this isn't the Lombardi, but anyone who knows anything about football has to shudder a bit when they hear that headline. The fact that it's the Lions makes it sound even more pathetic.

Oh those wacky Lions. They dump a Lombardi for a Cooter, and he's apparently every bit the redneck that his name implies.

From 2009:

Former Vol backup quarterback "Jim Bob" Cooter, whose real name is James Robert Cooter, is facing aggravated burglary charges after allegedly getting into bed with a woman after climbing through a window of her Fort Sanders apartment, according to an arrest warrant.

The warrant says Cooter climbed through woman's window on Franklin Station Way, stripped down to his underwear and got into bed with the woman Saturday.

She called police, who found him in her bed and arrested him on an aggravated burglary charge. He was released the following day on a $10,000 bond and will be arraigned on July 13.
APB

Postby Cdragon » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:28 am

APB wrote:
texas wrote:
raptorman wrote:BTW, the new Offensive Coordinator in Detroit is Jim Bob Cooter. Now if that name don't make you smile.........

I know it's obviously not actually as bad as it sounds, but imagine hearing the headline for this for the first time:

"Lombardi fired by the Lions, Jim Bob Cooter hired".

Now, that headline just sounds like one that has all the makings of one of those "Top 10 Worst Decisions in NFL History" specials 25 years down the road. I mean, I know this isn't the Lombardi, but anyone who knows anything about football has to shudder a bit when they hear that headline. The fact that it's the Lions makes it sound even more pathetic.

Oh those wacky Lions. They dump a Lombardi for a Cooter, and he's apparently every bit the redneck that his name implies.

From 2009:

Former Vol backup quarterback "Jim Bob" Cooter, whose real name is James Robert Cooter, is facing aggravated burglary charges after allegedly getting into bed with a woman after climbing through a window of her Fort Sanders apartment, according to an arrest warrant.

The warrant says Cooter climbed through woman's window on Franklin Station Way, stripped down to his underwear and got into bed with the woman Saturday.

She called police, who found him in her bed and arrested him on an aggravated burglary charge. He was released the following day on a $10,000 bond and will be arraigned on July 13.

Glad to see they are hiring integrity now.
Cdragon

Postby yoop » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:46 pm

just saw where some guy started a go fund me, raising money to buy the team from the Ford family, goal is a billion, if they pull it off they will become the 2nd city to own there team, he's at 590.00 so far :lol: good luck with that buddy, and thats if the Fords even want to sell.

It sends a message, again I guess, hats off to the guy.
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby TheGreenMan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:05 pm

yoop wrote:just saw where some guy started a go fund me, raising money to buy the team from the Ford family, goal is a billion, if they pull it off they will become the 2nd city to own there team, he's at 590.00 so far :lol: good luck with that buddy, and thats if the Fords even want to sell.

It sends a message, again I guess, hats off to the guy.

Alright I'm actually laughing. :lol:
RIP JustJeff
TheGreenMan

Postby lulu » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:43 pm

YoHoChecko wrote:
packfntk wrote:Have you watched the Lions? The playcalling is God-Awful. Just terrible. Nasty. But Stafford should start to get some of the blame as well. They have a complete mess going on in Detroit right now.

Start?

Stafford has been blamed and ridiculed by many analysts for a while now. It's just fantasy football and his production in raw numbers that have spared him being a laughing stock. He's never been thought of as an intellectually-sound guy who had great accuracy or makes great reads. Ever. He's just a volume guy with an elite WR.

Stafford is very Cutler-esque, IMO. Has a great arm and can make a throw here and there, then he lays an egg.
lulu

Postby Cdragon » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:28 pm

lulu wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Start?

Stafford is very Cutler-esque, IMO. Has a great arm and can make a throw here and there, then he lays an egg.

He's Cutler with a smile. And that franchise is so bad nobody wastes a lot of space writing about them.
Cdragon

Postby NCF » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:57 am

I've made excuses for Stafford before (Cutler, as well) but eventually, the excuses run out and the finger has to point back to the QB. Stafford has had every opportunity and I think it is about time people realize he is as big a part of the problem as anyone or anything else.

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Previous

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum