PFT Likes the Pack

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

PFT Likes the Pack

Postby NCF » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:23 pm

Packers at Broncos

MDS’s take: Both teams are undefeated, but there’s a big difference between them: The Broncos are winning solely with their defense, while the Packers are playing good football on both sides of the ball. That’s why Green Bay wins this one.

MDS’s pick: Packers 21, Broncos 14.

Florio’s take: The 6-0 Broncos will play three of the other four 6-0 teams, starting with the Packers. Which means the Broncos will play three teams that can take full advantage of offensive flaws that teams like the Chiefs, Raiders, Browns weren’t able to fully exploit.

Florio’s pick: Packers 31, Broncos 20.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... t-picks-5/

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Re: PFT Likes the Pack

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:30 pm

Wow, by a lot too.
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby BF004 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:40 pm

Damn, was hoping they'd pick the horses or at least split.

Ah well, time to go kick their ass. I want a touchdown on the first drive with 7 runs and 3 passes (or something near that ratio)
BF004

Postby OldPackerFan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:53 pm

That is a reasonable probable score. The Packers are clearly the better team, now that Burnett and Adams and Raji and maybe Lacy are healthy. Of course the Packers could come out flat and lose this game. But if the Packers play well then the Broncos do not have sufficient talent to win. This should not be a close game either.
OldPackerFan

Postby HeavyD » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:15 pm

Seems like a lot of points.

Vegas has 45.5 total.

Since HD thinks there won't be that much scoring. There will definitely be that much scoring.
HeavyD

Postby Pugger » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:15 pm

OldPackerFan wrote:That is a reasonable probable score. The Packers are clearly the better team, now that Burnett and Adams and Raji and maybe Lacy are healthy. Of course the Packers could come out flat and lose this game. But if the Packers play well then the Broncos do not have sufficient talent to win. This should not be a close game either.

I could see us coming out flat against a team like the Titans but there is no way we will against another 6-0 team QBed by P. Manning in prime time.
Pugger

Postby NCF » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:16 pm

HeavyD wrote:Seems like a lot of points.

Vegas has 45.5 total.

Since HD thinks there won't be that much scoring. There will definitely be that much scoring.

:lol:

I could see it going either way, to be honest. It all depends how the tone is set early in the game, IMO.

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby TheGreenMan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:22 pm

Pugger wrote:
OldPackerFan wrote:That is a reasonable probable score. The Packers are clearly the better team, now that Burnett and Adams and Raji and maybe Lacy are healthy. Of course the Packers could come out flat and lose this game. But if the Packers play well then the Broncos do not have sufficient talent to win. This should not be a close game either.

I could see us coming out flat against a team like the Titans but there is no way we will against another 6-0 team QBed by P. Manning in prime time.

Why do I think just the opposite? I feel like this is the game that we'd probably lay an egg compared to a "meaningless" game.

I think we're going to need to establish a sufficient running game here and won't be able to have Rodgers sit back in the pocket comfortably on every single snap. Mile High is not an easy place to play in an evening prime time game. This defense really worries me.

I'm thinking the Packers come out on top, but I don't believe it's going to be by a 2-3 score lead.
RIP JustJeff
TheGreenMan

Postby NCF » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:24 pm

TheGreenMan wrote:Why do I think just the opposite? I feel like this is the game that we'd probably lay an egg compared to a "meaningless" game.

I have felt like that before, but usually when I think we are the inferior team. I don't think that against this team. I very much think Denver is the inferior team. They are good, but we are better.

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby TheGreenMan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:31 pm

NCF wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:Why do I think just the opposite? I feel like this is the game that we'd probably lay an egg compared to a "meaningless" game.

I have felt like that before, but usually when I think we are the inferior team. I don't think that against this team. I very much think Denver is the inferior team. They are good, but we are better.

I consistently think of Seattle. San Francisco.

I'd never thought I'd be saying this, but this is the first time where I'm not worried about Manning. That offensive line isn't good. And we should be able to get decent pressure rushing with just even four bodies, let alone on blitzes.

I'm more keen on seeing the matchup with Rodgers and the defense. How long is Rodgers going to have in the pocket? No more of these "Hero" ball throws - get the football out quickly on slant patterns mid field, much like what our offense was accustomed to before Lacy was on the team. Shotgun formation.

And please, please can we establish a power running game? Wishbone. Tight-I. The weather is getting colder - let Lacy crack skulls.
RIP JustJeff
TheGreenMan

Postby lulu » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:52 pm

I think our offense struggles against a very good defense. I see our defense getting at least 2 turnovers (hence my here's johnny pick) and winning field position battle. Mason will be busy.

We always play very well coming out of the bye but I'm still not convinced that this offense can perform well on the road.

Lower scoring affair with the good guys coming away with the W.
lulu

Postby TheGreenMan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:59 pm

lulu wrote:We always play very well coming out of the bye but I'm still not convinced that this offense can perform well on the road.

This right here. Our offense seems to have hit a snag for a couple weeks now. Doesn't look like the same show from earlier.
RIP JustJeff
TheGreenMan

Postby flapackfan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:09 pm

I honestly think Perry's return may be the biggest difference. Granted Raji and Burnett will help with the run/middle D, Perry's return could be the catalyst for Manning toss ups.
Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen prove that they are insured, but doesn't require every person to prove they are a citizen. Many who can't prove they are citizens will receive free insurance from those that are citizens.
flapackfan

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:18 pm

TheGreenMan wrote:
lulu wrote:We always play very well coming out of the bye but I'm still not convinced that this offense can perform well on the road.

This right here. Our offense seems to have hit a snag for a couple weeks now. Doesn't look like the same show from earlier.

Injuries, which the bye week helps mitigate. I don't see it as a systemic problem.
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby yoop » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:45 pm

I think the team wants to prove they can dominate on offense without the likes of Jordy Nelson against a excellent defense, we've looked pretty vanilla all year because of injury, with Lacy, Adams and a few others more healthy I expect we'll see a few new plays, more playbook, and hopefully Aaron gets the ball out fast..

as to the defense, there is a good chance Manning doesn't even finish this game, Manning better get the ball out as fast or even faster then Rivers, problem is he doesn't have the zip any more that Rivers does, I expect a couple picks too, possibly more, and 5 or 6 sacks, a fumble, possibly a pick 6, if at all possible I'd like to see a Goose egg for DEnver, 24-0 would make me happy :lol:
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Next

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum