Injury Reports

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Starr to Favre and now Aaron Rodgers, we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Injury Reports

Postby JustJeff » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:16 pm

Packer Report wrote:The first injury reports of the week were released on Wednesday. The traditional terms of “probable,” “questionable,” etc., will not be announced until Friday.

Packers: Cornerback Will Blackmon, quad, did not participate; quarterback Matt Flynn, shoulder, full participation; running back Brandon Jackson, ankle, did not participate; Raji, ankle, did not participate; safety Aaron Rouse, hamstring, full participation.

Bears: Defensive tackle Israel Idonije, hamstring, limited participation; cornerback Charles Tillman, back, full participation.

Blackmon will be tested on Thursday, with McCarthy calling it a “big day” for his return ace and No. 4 corner. If Blackmon can’t play, Tramon Williams is listed as the No. 2 punt returner and Jordy Nelson is listed as the No. 2 kickoff returner. Jarrett Bush likely would be the fourth corner, though Dom Capers is just as apt to go with three safety and three corners in the dime.

Meanwhile, Jackson is making what McCarthy called “slow progress” from the ankle that was injured at Arizona.

Hey, good buddy Quarterbacks Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler have formed a friendship dating from their participation in the annual celebrity golf tournament at Lake Tahoe.

“I think the world of him,” Cutler said during a conference call with Packers beat writers. “I think he’s playing really well right now. We text each other every once in a while. When I got traded here, I just texted him and said I get to see him twice a year. So I wish him the best, except for this game, and I think he feels the same.”

Barnett’s playing time Nick Barnett continued taking the reps with the No. 1 defense on Wednesday – at least during the period in which reporters were allowed to watch. McCarthy, however, said no decision has been made about Barnett’s role or playing time. Those decisions will be dictated on how much Barnett can handle in his first regular-season game since tearing an ACL last year against Minnesota.

“Nick looked good today,” McCarthy said. “We’ve had two padded practices, Monday and today. I think he is definitely on course of having a full recovery. He looks good. His game tape was good. We don’t have any questions about that. I’ve said it before and I said it Monday; I just think you have to be smart with how much you play players coming off a major injury. That’s something that will factor into our planning.”

Barnett said he was happy with how he performed and how the knee reacted during last week’s preseason game against Tennessee.

“It went good. I felt good,” Barnett said. “I think I had about 28 plays. I even had a play where I kind of hyperextended it but I was still able to finish the game and play good. As far as them taking it easy with me, we’ll see what happens. I don’t know. I’m just a player. I’ll let them coach. We’ll see what happens on Sunday.
JustJeff
Commissioner
Commissioner

Return to JustJeff's Packers Forum