Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't football related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Random stuff

Postby TheGreenMan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:52 pm

Football season starts, basketball starts soon after, football ends, baseball starts, basketball ends, football starts, baseball ends...

I heard the ol' "there's always sports playing in this house," followed up with a look.

Pray for me fellas. :lol:
RIP JustJeff
TheGreenMan

Postby TheGreenMan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:18 pm

Went ahead and dropped Centurylink (terrible speed) and picked up Mediacom. With Centurylink I was paying for 12mbps (only thing offered in my area) and was averaging around 3-5 mbps. So far with Mediacom I'm getting anywhere between 80-105mbps.

In the meantime I've picked up two Google WiFi routers. I'm impressed, although I'm having issues with the mesh network - at times devices refuse to go off the nearest hub, instead opting for the one furthest away. Because of this, you'll see speed drops/buffers at times. A bit annoying. Appears to be a common issue with this new mesh technology. I love the ease of use, settings, parental controls, controlling what device has priority over others... but I wish the transition between the device and two hubs was, well, better.

Anyone use these newer routers coming out with the mesh network?
RIP JustJeff
TheGreenMan

Postby BF004 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:29 pm

I had Centurylink 10 MBS and it was okay, although the 1 MB speed wasn't really good enough for work, I download and upload a lot of huge files, GB's in size at times.

But I've since upgraded to 40 MBs / 5 MB up with Centurylink about 3 years ago, and its been great, speed test right now shows 38 down and 4.9 up. We can stream on 3 different devices at the same time while Pandora is still running in both girls rooms and never a hiccup.
BF004

Postby kampmanfan4life » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:42 am

I am taking a website development class this semester, I suck at IT stuff. It is hard when you are one of two non IT guys in the class...kind of interesting and fun until it doesn't work!
"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling."-Vince Lombardi
kampmanfan4life

Previous

Return to Cheesehead Chatter - PG