Dumb Things our Wives Did

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't football related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Dumb Things our Wives Did

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:59 pm

My wife pulled a phone charger out of an outlet. The metal prongs stayed in. Cheaply made.

Not a real big problem.

But...

Instead of telling me so that I could take care of it she....

Goes to my toolbox (notice MY) and gets....

Metal pliers....

She then proceeds to try to pull out the metal prongs with said pliers....

Without shutting down power at the breaker....

-----

ZAP

SMOKE

FIRE

Power goes down on about 4 other outlets.

-----

Burned up a GFCI outlet.

About $25 to repair + me doing an hour of labor or so. I hate working in small spaces with wires. Eh.
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Re: Dumb Things our Wives Did

Postby mnkcarp » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:52 pm

That was good and dumb.

Not sure if my wife's thing is dumb or smart. After fifteen years of living with a dishwasher she still doesn't know how to put the dishes into it so they face the center. Whenever I call her on it she "gives up" like it's some calculus equation she's never been taught, so I end up restacking the dishes.
Cheese curds...

are good.
mnkcarp
His Royal Pointyness

Postby Pckfn23 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:13 pm

We were driving down to Madison for a class I had to take. She was driving, I was riding and doing homework for class. All of a sudden she is pulling over to the side of the road. We ran out of gas... This is in a 2006 Dodge Charger, there is a big orange gas light! How about you get off the phone with your mom and pull into a gas station! I was not a happy camper. Luckily we have AAA so we got gas fairly quickly. Needless to say I continued to do homework while she rectified the situation.
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby packfntk » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:28 pm

I love my wife, she can do no wrong.

Wait, she isn't watching? Ok I will post shortly. :lol:

Wisconsin Cheese is better than California Cheese.
packfntk
Super Homer
Super Homer

Postby NCF » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:49 pm

This is more of a dumb thing my wife said.

Talking to our 7-year old about dinosaurs. My daughter wanted to know if they still exist. My wife told her no, they haven't for a long, long time. My daugther asked how long to which my wife responded, "I don't know, a couple thousand years."

I politely asked her not to share any more of her personally re-written history lessons with our kids.

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:15 pm

NCF wrote:This is more of a dumb thing my wife said.

Talking to our 7-year old about dinosaurs. My daughter wanted to know if they still exist. My wife told her no, they haven't for a long, long time. My daugther asked how long to which my wife responded, "I don't know, a couple thousand years."

I politely asked her not to share any more of her personally re-written history lessons with our kids.

Hey, she is just a young earther! :wink:
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby get louder at lambeau » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:33 pm

Pckfn23 wrote:
NCF wrote:This is more of a dumb thing my wife said.

Hey, she is just a young earther! :wink:

Yep. A lot of people want that taught as a valid theory in public schools. If the Earth is 6000 years old, her estimate is reasonable.
get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Postby JustJeff » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:10 pm

Young earthers don't consider Luciferic flood.
JustJeff
Commissioner
Commissioner

Postby BF004 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:11 pm

I knew I had left my phone and wallet on the kitchen counter a while back and she had cleaned up the kitchen. After about an hour of looking for them the next morning, found both of them half way down the garbage can.
BF004

Postby Bigcheese » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:08 pm

My wife has put 3 ipods and a cell phone through the washing machine.
RIP Peace Jeff
38-17 Packers!
Bigcheese

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:15 pm

Bigcheese wrote:My wife has put 3 ipods and a cell phone through the washing machine.

She admits that?

I would have blamed one of the kids after the first one...
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Postby lulu » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:13 pm

mnkcarp wrote:That was good and dumb.

Not sure if my wife's thing is dumb or smart. After fifteen years of living with a dishwasher she still doesn't know how to put the dishes into it so they face the center. Whenever I call her on it she "gives up" like it's some calculus equation she's never been taught, so I end up restacking the dishes.

Wait a minute, are we married to the same woman???

I like to drink wine and I have a very SMALL collection. I usually try and put 3 or 4 cases down and let them age a few years. Had a nice Meritage aging - at the time probably 8-10 years. I headed out of town on business and when I came back, there was an empty wine bottle sitting in on the kitchen counter. I asked if she had some friends over. "No, I was just sitting on the couch reading a book and felt like having a glass of wine. I guess I ended up drinking the whole bottle". I asked if it was any good and she answered resoundingly in the affirmative. It was about a $100 bottle of wine. :cryhard:

Now she is only allowed to take a bottle off the top rack of the wine cooler - everything else is OFF LIMITS!
lulu

Postby get louder at lambeau » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:18 pm

BF004 wrote:I knew I had left my phone and wallet on the kitchen counter a while back and she had cleaned up the kitchen. After about an hour of looking for them the next morning, found both of them half way down the garbage can.

Dumb, or a passive-aggressive way to remind you not to leave your crap on the kitchen counter?
get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:43 pm

She ordered $374.83 worth of stuff from Target Online.

SHE SHIPPED IT TO THE WRONG #$%! ADDRESS.

No way way to recover the items or the money. She confirmed the shipping address. Went to our old house. New owners claim nothing ever came. #$%!. They are 13 hours away.

If I ever hear another peep about the $225 or whatever spent on Packer stock....
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Postby NCF » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:42 am

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:She ordered $374.83 worth of stuff from Target Online.

SHE SHIPPED IT TO THE WRONG #$%! ADDRESS.

No way way to recover the items or the money. She confirmed the shipping address. Went to our old house. New owners claim nothing ever came. #$%!. They are 13 hours away.

If I ever hear another peep about the $225 or whatever spent on Packer stock....

Uh oh, you're on your second submission already.

I'll say this one really isn't all that dumb. Careless... wreckless... ignorant... but, not dumb.

As for the people at your old house, that's where the story goes bad for me. Dishonest #$%!.

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Next

Return to Cheesehead Chatter - PG