Dumb Things our Wives Did

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't football related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Dumb Things our Wives Did

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:55 pm

NCF wrote:
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:She ordered $374.83 worth of stuff from Target Online.

SHE SHIPPED IT TO THE WRONG #$%! ADDRESS.

No way way to recover the items or the money. She confirmed the shipping address. Went to our old house. New owners claim nothing ever came. #$%!. They are 13 hours away.

If I ever hear another peep about the $225 or whatever spent on Packer stock....

Uh oh, you're on your second submission already.

I'll say this one really isn't all that dumb. Careless... wreckless... ignorant... but, not dumb.

As for the people at your old house, that's where the story goes bad for me. Dishonest #$%!.

This one has a happy ending.

So my wife called our former next door neighbor. I helped her with her house and lawn after her husband passed, my wife sometimes had coffee with her, her granddaughter babysat for us...We're real to her. I called the neighbor on the other side, a single guy about 30, we borrowed tools, sat in his garage $#!!...he knew me.

So the former neighbors played dumb and went over to the new owners of our old house. They knocked and entered and then said something like, "Oh, you got their chair and rug! They'll be so happy to know it wasn't stolen from outside the door! They called about a week ago asking if the stuff was in boxes out front of the house." They then proceeded to carry the stuff out and load it into his truck. The new owners said something about how it came and they didn't know what to do with it and that they really appreciated that they didn't have to do anything to get it back to us. Jerks. I guess the shame of it all mattered more when it was their real neighbors versus people they never met and who lived 13 hours away.

Anyway, stuff is getting physically returned and the neighbor will send us the card/money. :banana
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Postby raptorman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:17 pm

NCF wrote:This is more of a dumb thing my wife said.

Talking to our 7-year old about dinosaurs. My daughter wanted to know if they still exist. My wife told her no, they haven't for a long, long time. My daugther asked how long to which my wife responded, "I don't know, a couple thousand years."

I politely asked her not to share any more of her personally re-written history lessons with our kids.

My wife said basically the same thing, only her answer as to how long they have not existed was "Since daddy was your age." My son said that was a long long time ago.
If a 7 course meal includes a Brat and a 6 pack, you might be from Wisconsin.
raptorman

Postby raptorman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:23 pm

We had one of those porcelain covered tea pots. You know the ones that whistle when the water boils. I come home from work one day and smell this god awful smell. She had put the tea pot on the electric stove, and the water had all boiled out in steam through the whistle. All while she was in the other room. Anyway, since the burner was on high and red hot it had baked the porcelain on the bottom of the tea pot onto the burner. Had to let it cool and then hit to break it off. For the next 6 weeks every time we used that burner you could smell burning porcelain.
raptorman

Postby NCF » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:28 pm

Bumping this gem of a thread.

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby Waldo » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:06 pm

When trying to get the mail from the mailbox without getting out of her car, she hit the mailbox with the car, splitting the post in half in the process. Stayed that way for a while until I had to fix it to sell the house.

Not a single dumb thing she did (lots of occasions), but, we're about 3 years or so away from my wife being no longer able to help our son with his math homework. He's in pre-k.
Waldo

Postby BF004 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:38 pm

Happened a while back, but after looking for my wallet for about 30 minutes, found it about 1/2 way down the garbage after my wife 'cleaned up' the kitchen.
BF004

Postby APB » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:20 am

Many years ago I came home from work and parked my car in the driveway behind my wife's SUV. She greeted me when I came through the door, asked "can you keep an eye on the kids while I run to the store" and proceeded out the door, directly past my car, to get in her SUV.

The impact of her truck hitting my car was so violent it drove my car back four feet. The front end of my car was so compressed, I had to pull a landscaping lawn timber out of the driveway edge border to pry the front quarter panel off the tire so I could move the car.

And she blamed me for parking behind her.
APB

Postby lulu » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:19 pm

Last winter my wife was taking the kids to school and itt was snowing heavily the night before. We live on a semi busy street and when she pulled to the end of the driveway to wait for traffic to clear she got stuck in the snow. I went out to see what was going on and she said the tires were just slipping and she needed a push. So I go to push, she gives it some gas, doesn't move an inch. Somewhat puzzled by the whole thing I went around and stuck my head in the drivers window and come to find out the shifter had slipped into neutral. She puts it in reverse and without a finger, backs right out of the driveway.

Somehow, I was to blame.
lulu

Postby BF004 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:17 pm

lulu wrote:Somehow, I was to blame.

:rotf:
BF004

Postby raptorman » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:49 am

First time my wife went with me to the Oshkosh Air Show we were watching the Ford Tri-motor take passengers on its little run around the Fox Valley. As it landed and and parked she exclaimed. "Oh look, it has three engines." BTW, she is an airline pilot.
raptorman

Postby NCF » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:59 am

raptorman wrote:First time my wife went with me to the Oshkosh Air Show we were watching the Ford Tri-motor take passengers on its little run around the Fox Valley. As it landed and and parked she exclaimed. "Oh look, it has three engines." BTW, she is an airline pilot.

What do she supposed to say?

:oops:

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby raptorman » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:02 pm

NCF wrote:
raptorman wrote:First time my wife went with me to the Oshkosh Air Show we were watching the Ford Tri-motor take passengers on its little run around the Fox Valley. As it landed and and parked she exclaimed. "Oh look, it has three engines." BTW, she is an airline pilot.

Well she was surprised that it had 3 engines. Since most planes have 1, 2 or 4. Very few have 3. Especially the older ones.
raptorman

Postby Waldo » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:25 pm

raptorman wrote:
NCF wrote:

Well she was surprised that it had 3 engines. Since most planes have 1, 2 or 4. Very few have 3. Especially the older ones.

Jermichael Finley wrote:What do he supposed to say?

Perhaps the most famous Finleyism of them all...
Waldo

Postby Stevedore » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:22 am

Booking flight reservations thru Spirit Airlines :roll:
We Are America's Team!!
Stevedore

Previous

Return to Cheesehead Chatter - PG