MKE Bucks

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't football related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

MKE Bucks

Postby BF004 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:38 pm

Season starts tonight at Charlotte.

http://www.nba.com/games/20141029/MILCH ... tml?ls=slt

Best case scenario this year, Giannis and Jabari both play incredible, all star caliber, rookie of the year, but the rest of the team is dreadful and we get another top 3 pick.

Excited to watch these two 19 year olds on the floor.

ImageImage

BF004

Re: MKE Bucks

Postby lulu » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:01 am

Can say I'm too much of an NBA fan anymore but would like to see the team see some level of success. The ownership change is long overdue and hope that breathes some new life into this franchise.

GO BUCKS!
lulu

Postby Trudge » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:25 pm

I think they're going to be very fun to watch the next few years at least. They held their own against probably the deepest team in the NBA in the Bulls the other night. Being a Duke fan I'm very happy with the Jabari Parker pick, him and Giannis should be a nightmare matchup for people soon as they mature.
Trudge

Postby kampmanfan4life » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:37 pm

Knight for Carter-Williams, Ennis, and Plumlee.

Probably could not resign Knight. I like it getting younger.

I'll be at the game Sunday vs the Hawks.
"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling."-Vince Lombardi
kampmanfan4life

Postby Trudge » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:40 pm

kampmanfan4life wrote:Knight for Carter-Williams, Ennis, and Plumlee.

Probably could not resign Knight. I like it getting younger.

I'll be at the game Sunday vs the Hawks.

I loved the trade. Knight wasn't really our long term solution at PG and Ennis got caught behind Dragic in Phoenix, so looking at his stats isn't impressive but can be very good for us. Excited to see what Kidd can do with MCW as well. Plumlee will be a solid off the bench, I'm surprised at the haul we got for Knight.
Trudge

Postby BF004 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:19 pm

Love the trade.

IMO, blueprint for success for Milwaukee is to keep long term salary cap manageable.

Let Jabari and Giannis be the guys. Wait till they are competitive for a few years, then try to score a big name guy, either developed, trade or FA, and just keep resigning that guy, Jabari and Giannis, need a big 3.
BF004

Postby Trudge » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:40 pm

Looks like the young core is starting to play pretty well together. Disappointed MCW ended with 9 assists after 6 so early in the game. Middleton is looking like a nice find for the Bucks as well. Production has amped up since the Knight trade.

Giannis looks like he's hit a bit of a wall this year. Understandable since he's basically been balling for 2 years since we've drafted him between Greece, summer league and the actual season.

Then there's Zaza...

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/3/7/8169463/zaza-pachulia-milwaukee-bucks-miss-video

Really looking forward to next year, hopefully get a real center and have Parker come back. This core of guys will be really fun to watch.
Trudge

Postby kampmanfan4life » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:02 am

Trudge wrote:Looks like the young core is starting to play pretty well together. Disappointed MCW ended with 9 assists after 6 so early in the game. Middleton is looking like a nice find for the Bucks as well. Production has amped up since the Knight trade.

Giannis looks like he's hit a bit of a wall this year. Understandable since he's basically been balling for 2 years since we've drafted him between Greece, summer league and the actual season.

Then there's Zaza...

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/3/7/8169463/zaza-pachulia-milwaukee-bucks-miss-video

Really looking forward to next year, hopefully get a real center and have Parker come back. This core of guys will be really fun to watch.

Yeah I really like what Middleon has done.

Pachulia I love him, but we played him a lot to start the season and the big guy ever since coming back from the injury does not have it anymore. Henson has showed some improvement this year too.
"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling."-Vince Lombardi
kampmanfan4life

Postby Trudge » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:31 am

Looking pretty good now. Had they been able to pull off the 2OT game man....
Trudge

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:59 pm

Nice to see them not lay down at the end. Means they are playing for their coach and each other. Portends well for next year.
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Postby Trudge » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:43 pm

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:Nice to see them not lay down at the end. Means they are playing for their coach and each other. Portends well for next year.

Just hoping Jason Kidd sticks around. Would think he will since he wanted to groom MCW and has an extremely talented, young team under him.
Trudge

Postby BF004 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:44 pm

Despite the groans of fellow draftniks, I'll have to keep checking up on the game tomorrow.

Watched the last 3 pretty much in its entirity. So wish they could have squeeked out game 3 that went to double OT.
BF004

Postby kampmanfan4life » Sat May 02, 2015 6:10 am

Disappointing last game but very excited for the future. Got to get that new stadium and resign Middleton.
kampmanfan4life

Postby NCF » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:26 pm

They have quickly put together a hell of a line-up heading into the 2015-16 season. The starting 5 looks tough (and huge) and the bench looks surprisingly deep.

Monroe
Parker
Giannis
Middleton
MCW

Vazquez
Vaughn
Henson
Mayo
Butler
Pachulia
Bayless

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby kampmanfan4life » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:35 pm

NCF wrote:They have quickly put together a hell of a line-up heading into the 2015-16 season. The starting 5 looks tough (and huge) and the bench looks surprisingly deep.

Monroe
Parker
Giannis
Middleton
MCW

Vazquez
Vaughn
Henson
Mayo
Butler
Pachulia
Bayless

Agree, my only concern is 3 point shooting particularly with that starting lineup. Besides Middleton you just need to defend the paint. I was not expecting Monroe to be a Buck but excited it happened.
kampmanfan4life

Next

Return to Cheesehead Chatter - PG