Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't football related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Random stuff

Postby APB » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:38 am

paco wrote:I just pissed off half of Canada.

And the other half?
APB

Postby paco » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:37 pm

NCF wrote:

How'd you pull that off?

Just using my special powers of telling people what they don't want to hear.
paco

Postby paco » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:37 pm

APB wrote:

And the other half?

Didn't talk to them. Although I'm pretty sure they don't like me much already. But that is the frenchy side and they don't like anyone.
paco

Postby paco » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:22 pm

Just sayin'

paco

Postby paco » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:58 pm

Bought this at an antique store yesterday. Apparently there was a whole series of these, 1 for each team in 1969. Couldn't pass it up for $3.

paco

Postby BF004 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:37 am

Made a storage bench, pretty happy with how it turned out.

Planning on getting some dark brown wicker baskets to replace the canvas drawers. The actual drawer doesn't make a ton of sense with the canvas/wicker drawers, but thinking of making a kids dresser for #3 so wanted to practice. :P

BF004

Postby paco » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:51 pm

Was "this close" to telling my boss to stick it (or some other combination of words I'm not allowed to post here). Instead, I told him yes sir, hung up to phone, threw my headset (and broke it), and took a walk. I more calm now.

I'm about to come down with some major illness so I can have a few weeks off. I've got about 4 weeks of vacation saved up. Might be time to use it.
paco

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:41 pm

Dark wicker baskets would like very good with what you made. I have something similar in my home. We got the wicker baskets from Target or Ikea...used them for baby wipes and diapers...out of sight, but easy access.
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Postby TheGreenMan » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:35 am

paco wrote:Was "this close" to telling my boss to stick it (or some other combination of words I'm not allowed to post here). Instead, I told him yes sir, hung up to phone, threw my headset (and broke it), and took a walk. I more calm now.

I'm about to come down with some major illness so I can have a few weeks off. I've got about 4 weeks of vacation saved up. Might be time to use it.

paco - I think I've ready in other threads and posts how upset you've been with your job lately. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do? You been looking for other jobs as of late?
RIP JustJeff
TheGreenMan

Postby paco » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:35 pm

TheGreenMan wrote:
paco wrote:Was "this close" to telling my boss to stick it (or some other combination of words I'm not allowed to post here). Instead, I told him yes sir, hung up to phone, threw my headset (and broke it), and took a walk. I more calm now.

paco - I think I've ready in other threads and posts how upset you've been with your job lately. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do? You been looking for other jobs as of late?

I'm in IT. I work with my company's printer service right now. I haven't been looking for other work really. I'm a bit stuck frankly. I have no college degree, am not that technical anymore and would probably be lost at another company. I've got a decent foothold here as I've been here for going on 17 years. But it's tough to move up in our current environment and not having a degree.

Overall, I like working here. I like most of the people I work with. I don't really want to leave. Things have been exacerbated a bit by my direct boss being gone for the last 6-9 months (I've lost track). I've taken on a lot of her responsibilities all while seeing my own job tasks increase drastically. We've been unable to bring in any extra help.

So basically lot of extra work, no help, and so far no extra money. I'm working on the last part and hoping to hear in the next few weeks. I'll survive, its just been tough lately and it's stressing me out.
paco

Postby TheGreenMan » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:25 pm

paco wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:

I'm in IT. I work with my company's printer service right now. I haven't been looking for other work really. I'm a bit stuck frankly. I have no college degree, am not that technical anymore and would probably be lost at another company. I've got a decent foothold here as I've been here for going on 17 years. But it's tough to move up in our current environment and not having a degree.

Overall, I like working here. I like most of the people I work with. I don't really want to leave. Things have been exacerbated a bit by my direct boss being gone for the last 6-9 months (I've lost track). I've taken on a lot of her responsibilities all while seeing my own job tasks increase drastically. We've been unable to bring in any extra help.

So basically lot of extra work, no help, and so far no extra money. I'm working on the last part and hoping to hear in the next few weeks. I'll survive, its just been tough lately and it's stressing me out.

I understand where you're coming from. I'm in a "sub department" of IT (or at least that's what they refer it as) in a company in Nebraska. Although I have a college degree, I'm still stuck at a little bit of a crossroads myself. I've been working with technology and a computers for at least the past 6-7 years, but my degree has nothing to do with what I'm currently in.

I made the mistake of double majoring in Psychology and Sociology - and everyone knows there isn't much there unless you continue for at least a Master's. I just don't have the patience or don't need to accumulate anymore student loans! I absolutely enjoyed my 4.5yrs of school, but I sometimes wish I would have went something, well, more along with the field I've currently been in.

Working for the company I do definitely has it's perks, but management lately has been flakey. I feel like I'm taking on things that I shouldn't be taking on.

But, yes, we'll survive :AOK
RIP JustJeff
TheGreenMan

Postby Trudge » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:04 pm

So I bought a new (to me) car the end of August. It's a 2008 BMW 335xi, super nice and from what I've been gathering it's basically decked out with pretty much every package available to it when it was new. Great for me...until your doors don't open but the front driver's side because that's the only one with a manual unlocking mechanism.

Read up on it, blown fuse, not a problem! I've replaced plenty of fuses in the past. So I pop the hood and look for the fuse box. Puzzled, I can't find the fuse box so I take to Google. Turns out to get to the fuse box you open up the glove compartment and take off the back panel of the glove box. From there, the fuse box is mounted behind. Being my doors didn't open, I spent an afternoon trying to get the two fuses out and replaced, 2 1/2 hours later I finally get them replaced! Yes! Take out my key fob, hit unlock *POP*, fuse blown again.

Just spent about 25 more minutes replacing the one blown fuse again, but it took me about 4 days to recover from laying across my center console and being all contorted for the majority of the afternoon, as well as a case of beer for my frustrations. So far, so good with the doors but the Comfort Assist "feature" can go choke on itself when it goes wrong.

Fuse box for reference. The two I had to get to are the very lower left two in this picture. No, not the two you can actually see. There are two behind the bundle of vertical cables. Those two. :kaboom: :kaboom: :kaboom:

Trudge

Postby APB » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:18 am

That car was obviously not designed by a mechanic. What a pain.
APB

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:26 am

My Buick LeSabre's battery is UNDER the rear seat.

WTF.
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Postby Pckfn23 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:48 am

My battery is in the trunk.
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

PreviousNext

Return to Cheesehead Chatter - PG