Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't football related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Random stuff

Postby Trudge » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:52 am

APB wrote:That car was obviously not designed by a mechanic. What a pain.


You'd think BMW would plan better. Car is absolutely a blast to drive and solid in every other way but there are parts in the door that were overloading the fuses, pretty well known. Upgraded the fuses to 20A from 15A and so far it's going well. Sucks I had to spend 3 hours trying to reach there but hoping it'll curb the issue. It is a little nice at least just leaving your keys in your pocket, touching the door to unlock and hitting a button to start/stop it.
Image
User avatar
Trudge
 
Posts: 5122
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:59 am
Location: Green Bay, WI

Re: Random stuff

Postby paco » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:35 pm

Been working on my car the last 2 weekends. Low beams won't come on anymore. Known issue with a bunch of the Buick Centurys and others. Torn apart the dash twice, finally found the right relays and those all look good. Thinking it is the multifunction switch. OEM costs multiple hundreds of dollars. No way am I paying that. So just ordered one from Amazon. Hoping it gets here by Friday so we don't have to deal with only 1 car for too long.
Image
User avatar
paco
 
Posts: 8524
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: RIP JustJeff

Re: Random stuff

Postby TheGreenMan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:14 pm

Trudge wrote:
APB wrote:That car was obviously not designed by a mechanic. What a pain.


You'd think BMW would plan better. Car is absolutely a blast to drive and solid in every other way but there are parts in the door that were overloading the fuses, pretty well known. Upgraded the fuses to 20A from 15A and so far it's going well. Sucks I had to spend 3 hours trying to reach there but hoping it'll curb the issue. It is a little nice at least just leaving your keys in your pocket, touching the door to unlock and hitting a button to start/stop it.


I swapped a battery out of an older BMW last year. Literally took me an hour to get to it. The model of the BMW is slipping me right now, but it was in the trunk area.

I'm currently stuck in a predicament with my 2014 Ford Focus and the "Automatic Manual Transmission" crap that Ford is giving everyone that drives these newer ones. It stutters on take off to drive anyone absolutely mad... and it's so inconsistent. Of course Ford says this is normal and a computer needs updated - I'm sorry but the problem runs deeper here. When it shifts properly it's a fun little car to drive. Got it in the sports package with leather interior... Bright red.

So far it's the last Ford I'm ever going to buy though.
RIP JustJeff
Image
User avatar
TheGreenMan
 
Posts: 4798
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: Random stuff

Postby wallyuwl » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:49 am

Exhaust manifold cracked on our 2010 Equinox. At least I'm 99% sure that is it. Horrible vehicle in terms of build quality. Was great the first 50k miles but ever since then not so much. Will get the parts in the middle of next week, about $150 worth, and then about 3 hours to do the repair. Just had a wheel speed sensor and hub replaced two weeks ago ($500), and a new middle exhaust pipe a month ago ($150 and that I thought was cheap).

Note for other GM owners: I get a lot of my parts from newgmparts.com. Been good to me over several orders, but it can be a week or two depending if they have the parts in stock or need to order them from GM before shipping to you.
User avatar
wallyuwl
 
Posts: 11835
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: Random stuff

Postby paco » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:34 am

Multifunction switch came today. Put it in and all is good again! I do have a dead right headlight, but they work. I have a buddy doing some soldering to replace some resistors that are bad causing a dim or out odometer. So at least the Buick will light up again properly.
Image
User avatar
paco
 
Posts: 8524
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: RIP JustJeff

Re: Random stuff

Postby Trudge » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:40 am

wallyuwl wrote:Exhaust manifold cracked on our 2010 Equinox. At least I'm 99% sure that is it. Horrible vehicle in terms of build quality. Was great the first 50k miles but ever since then not so much. Will get the parts in the middle of next week, about $150 worth, and then about 3 hours to do the repair. Just had a wheel speed sensor and hub replaced two weeks ago ($500), and a new middle exhaust pipe a month ago ($150 and that I thought was cheap).

Note for other GM owners: I get a lot of my parts from newgmparts.com. Been good to me over several orders, but it can be a week or two depending if they have the parts in stock or need to order them from GM before shipping to you.


Had a 2005 Equinox up until May of this year. Just paid it off in February, had done me well for the most part. Exhaust was loud, ABS had started to go and lock up on my when I was slowing down when I hit 10 mph...was on my way back from Summerset WI in May, engine locked up on me and broke down. Something internal locked up, mechanics couldn't tell me why. Fluids looked good, externally they couldn't turn it, 3800 for a new engine. Ended up scrapping it for 150...which I saw 23 dollars of after towing and diagnostics cost. Probably never again. Pretty happy with my BMW.
Image
User avatar
Trudge
 
Posts: 5122
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:59 am
Location: Green Bay, WI

Re: Random stuff

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:47 am

Trudge wrote:was on my way back from Summerset WI in May

Somerset? What were you doing here in May?
Image
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
User avatar
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade
 
Posts: 38445
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:24 am
Location: Western WI

Re: Random stuff

Postby Trudge » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:22 am

Pckfn23 wrote:
Trudge wrote:was on my way back from Summerset WI in May

Somerset? What were you doing here in May?


Image
Image
User avatar
Trudge
 
Posts: 5122
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:59 am
Location: Green Bay, WI

Re: Random stuff

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:26 am

Ya, that wasn't a bad concert. Not really my style, buy 3 Days Grace would have been cool to see. At least it wasn't Summer Set. That one is very good for the local drug trade. :lol:
Image
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
User avatar
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade
 
Posts: 38445
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:24 am
Location: Western WI

Re: Random stuff

Postby Trudge » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:32 pm

Pckfn23 wrote:Ya, that wasn't a bad concert. Not really my style, buy 3 Days Grace would have been cool to see. At least it wasn't Summer Set. That one is very good for the local drug trade. :lol:


Haha, that's what I hear. I have some friends that go to it every year. Three Days Grace I've seen two or three times, just not the same without their old singer though. That lineup was pretty awesome from top to bottom for our group though.
Image
User avatar
Trudge
 
Posts: 5122
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:59 am
Location: Green Bay, WI

Re: Random stuff

Postby paco » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:42 pm

Family is a real pain in the rear.
Image
User avatar
paco
 
Posts: 8524
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: RIP JustJeff

Re: Random stuff

Postby paco » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:32 pm

Anything fun going on in Wisconsin this weekend? Looking for something to do with the wife. Prefer to stay in the southern half of the state, but willing to drive a few hours if need be. I live in Janesville.
Image
User avatar
paco
 
Posts: 8524
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: RIP JustJeff

Re: Random stuff

Postby Pckfn23 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:33 pm

I think there is a craft beer festival in Madison.
Image
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
User avatar
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade
 
Posts: 38445
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:24 am
Location: Western WI

Re: Random stuff

Postby paco » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:39 pm

I know of one in Milwaukee. Where is the one in Madison?
Image
User avatar
paco
 
Posts: 8524
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: RIP JustJeff

Re: Random stuff

Postby Pckfn23 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:23 pm

paco wrote:I know of one in Milwaukee. Where is the one in Madison?

Nope, you're right, it is Milwaukee. I got my "M" cities mixed up.
Image
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
User avatar
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade
 
Posts: 38445
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:24 am
Location: Western WI

PreviousNext

Return to Cheesehead Chatter - PG

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest