Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't football related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Random stuff

Postby paco » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:45 pm

My wife is unbelievably cranky today. Her coffee maker died. It is mostly her fault it died because she doesn't clean it like she's supposed to. 2nd one she's killed. But why must I pay for it?

I'm working from home today because I had to get new tires on the car this morning. I should have dropped it off and went into the office. Her "Aunt" is visiting as well. So that isn't helping. :lol:
paco

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:00 pm

paco wrote:My wife is unbelievably cranky today. Her coffee maker died. It is mostly her fault it died because she doesn't clean it like she's supposed to. 2nd one she's killed. But why must I pay for it?

I'm working from home today because I had to get new tires on the car this morning. I should have dropped it off and went into the office. Her "Aunt" is visiting as well. So that isn't helping. :lol:

Get her an $8 Mr coffee from the dollar store...
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Postby paco » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:07 pm

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
paco wrote:My wife is unbelievably cranky today. Her coffee maker died. It is mostly her fault it died because she doesn't clean it like she's supposed to. 2nd one she's killed. But why must I pay for it?

If only. She's got one of the K-cup machines. Going to get her another one, but man is she cranky!
paco

Postby NCF » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:54 pm

paco wrote:
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:

If only. She's got one of the K-cup machines. Going to get her another one, but man is she cranky!

Did you check the calendar? These things can be cyclical.

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby paco » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:05 pm

NCF wrote:
paco wrote:
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:

Did you check the calendar? These things can be cyclical.

I did say her "Aunt" was visiting. :lol: But she goes nuts whenever she doesn't get coffee. Addicted much?
paco

Postby NCF » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:06 pm

paco wrote:I did say her "Aunt" was visiting. :lol: But she goes nuts whenever she doesn't get coffee. Addicted much?

That went right over my head. I thought her Aunt was truly visiting... not really sure which one is worse to be honest with you. Save for a select few, I'm not much for house guests.

Read more. Post less.
NCF

Postby paco » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:11 pm

NCF wrote:
paco wrote:I did say her "Aunt" was visiting. :lol: But she goes nuts whenever she doesn't get coffee. Addicted much?

That went right over my head. I thought her Aunt was truly visiting... not really sure which one is worse to be honest with you. Save for a select few, I'm not much for house guests.

I have to agree with you on this one. I believe a few posts ago I made a comment about family. I'm ready to pack up everything and move to Sweden or Switzerland, or someplace like that.
paco

Postby Pckfn23 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:14 pm

Lol, Aunt Flow!
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby lulu » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:10 pm

If you ever get the notion that you'd like to work for a bank, jam a pencil into your ear instead, it's a much more enjoyable experience.
lulu

Postby paco » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:43 pm

lulu wrote:If you ever get the notion that you'd like to work for a bank, jam a pencil into your ear instead, it's a much more enjoyable experience.

I've tried to get my wife to work for one a few times as a teller or something. She does retail now. She had an interview at a place. Supposedly it went great. She liked the people, they liked her. They said it was all a formality and the job was hers. But they had to run the customary backround and credit check. My wife freaked out about the credit check told them not to bother and left crying.

My wife's credit wasn't great, but its not like she had anything so horrible as to feel that way. She somehow has it in her head that they wouldn't hire her if she didn't have a good credit score. I told her they are mostly looking for credit fraud or some sort of major negligence when it comes to money. Needless to say, she's never applied at another bank.

Maybe I should have put this in the Dumb Things our Wives did thread. :lol:
paco

Postby raptorman » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:00 am

paco wrote:
lulu wrote:If you ever get the notion that you'd like to work for a bank, jam a pencil into your ear instead, it's a much more enjoyable experience.

I've tried to get my wife to work for one a few times as a teller or something. She does retail now. She had an interview at a place. Supposedly it went great. She liked the people, they liked her. They said it was all a formality and the job was hers. But they had to run the customary backround and credit check. My wife freaked out about the credit check told them not to bother and left crying.

My wife's credit wasn't great, but its not like she had anything so horrible as to feel that way. She somehow has it in her head that they wouldn't hire her if she didn't have a good credit score. I told her they are mostly looking for credit fraud or some sort of major negligence when it comes to money. Needless to say, she's never applied at another bank.

A thread like that would have 500 pages in no time.
Someone stole my car last night. I was going to call the police but I said "Screw it, let him explain the bodies in the trunk".
raptorman

Postby APB » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:35 am

raptorman wrote:
paco wrote:

A thread like that would have 500 pages in no time.

Sounds like you have a story (or six) to share, raptor...?
APB

Postby paco » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:41 pm

Bah Humbug. Hate this time of year. No money. Too much stress. Will be happy again when it is April, maybe.
paco

Postby TheGreenMan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:59 pm

paco wrote:Bah Humbug. Hate this time of year. No money. Too much stress. Will be happy again when it is April, maybe.

Absolutely feel the same thing paco. I'm never a fan of this time of year.. not because of the money stress, but mostly because of the weather. I love nothing about winter and the snow.

... and don't even get me started on Christmas music. :roll:
RIP JustJeff
TheGreenMan

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:07 pm

Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

PreviousNext

Return to Cheesehead Chatter - PG