Fantasy Football Talk

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't football related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Fantasy Football Talk

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:49 am

APB wrote:Seattle just re-signed Chistine Michael. That could screw your Bryce Brown play.

I'd play Jarvis Landry over Floyd in a PPR format. Landry is about the only player on the Dolphin offense seeing consistent targets. Hell, they threw his way 18 times on MNF!

18 times...and he got less yardage than Lamar Miller did on his 12 carries... :messedup
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Postby Trudge » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:53 am

Just want to throw this out there...made the playoffs in 3 of my 4 leagues this year. 3rd in ours, 4th in my friends and 1st in my Legend Larry's league...think I found a good formula after doing well in all but this one last year.
Trudge

Postby Acrobat » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:56 pm

Trudge wrote:Just want to throw this out there...made the playoffs in 3 of my 4 leagues this year. 3rd in ours, 4th in my friends and 1st in my Legend Larry's league...think I found a good formula after doing well in all but this one last year.

It's funny you say that, as much as I'm stressing about my RB situation, I've really discovered that in PPR format, RB's matter the least. If my 3 WR's and my TE (Gronk) play like they're supposed to, I will most likely win my league and they're the reason why I have the most points going into the playoffs. My RB's have been subpar at best, just playing matchups all year.
"I must be an Acrobat, to talk like this, and act like that."
Acrobat

Postby Trudge » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:50 pm

Acrobat wrote:
Trudge wrote:Just want to throw this out there...made the playoffs in 3 of my 4 leagues this year. 3rd in ours, 4th in my friends and 1st in my Legend Larry's league...think I found a good formula after doing well in all but this one last year.

It's funny you say that, as much as I'm stressing about my RB situation, I've really discovered that in PPR format, RB's matter the least. If my 3 WR's and my TE (Gronk) play like they're supposed to, I will most likely win my league and they're the reason why I have the most points going into the playoffs. My RB's have been subpar at best, just playing matchups all year.

One thing I've noticed trending the last few years, after putting in a lot of research and time into drafting I feel that hitting your top few receivers has been better for me than drafting running backs high. Receivers have gotten me more points than my running backs, seem to get hurt less and have bigger games when they go off. Plus the pool of top receivers is larger than the running backs, who don't seem to vary much after the top 3-4, whoever may break out that year as the top backs. It's worked well for me the last two years, other than this league, last year I finished 2nd, 3rd and then this year 3/4 made the playoffs and would have been all 4 if my work league's playoffs started last week like they should.
Trudge

Postby mnkcarp » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:56 pm

My dynasty team is PPR and is all about WRs. In this age of platoons and third down backs, the RB position can't be counted on. It's the new TE. :x

You'd think that would make the very few workhorse RBs that much more valuable, but this year so few panned out that few with an RB first mentality wound up with a payoff (or a playoff :wink: ).
Cheese curds...

are good.
mnkcarp
His Royal Pointyness

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:02 pm

It all depends on who you got. Finished with the most points in 3 out of 3 of my pay leagues. 2 of them I draft RB first, the 3rd I drafted WR first. I had 3 RBs and 2 WRs by the 5th pick in all 3. You can usually find good WRs in the middle rounds while RBs are few and far between after the 4th or 5th round.
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:04 pm

mnkcarp wrote:My dynasty team is PPR and is all about WRs. In this age of platoons and third down backs, the RB position can't be counted on. It's the new TE. :x

You'd think that would make the very few workhorse RBs that much more valuable, but this year so few panned out that few with an RB first mentality wound up with a payoff (or a playoff :wink: ).

Ages of your WRs

More than one turns a year older before next season. Several are "fast twitch" guys who are likely to decline a tadm earlier than the 6-3/215 beasties.

23 (Coleman)
24 (CPAT - does it matter with his age?)

Not that I keep track of these kinds of things...
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Postby mnkcarp » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:07 pm

So you're saying my team is in its prime? :wink:
Cheese curds...

are good.
mnkcarp
His Royal Pointyness

Postby mnkcarp » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:10 pm

Ghost_Lombardi wrote: Several are "fast twitch" guys who are likely to decline a tadm earlier than the 6-3/215 beasties.

Fast twitch like Steve Smith, who was among my best guys in the early season at age 36? That kind of decline?
Cheese curds...

are good.
mnkcarp
His Royal Pointyness

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:22 pm

mnkcarp wrote:
Ghost_Lombardi wrote: Several are "fast twitch" guys who are likely to decline a tadm earlier than the 6-3/215 beasties.

Fast twitch like Steve Smith, who was among my best guys in the early season at age 36? That kind of decline?

I'd bet my wife's life that AB and Cobb won't be playing at age 36. Of course I'll hedge and bet her life that they are playing at age 36...
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Postby mnkcarp » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:24 pm

I messed up and hit enter on a $25 game at Draft Kings, which is just a Thursday-Saturday (2 games) contest. It's a tripler.

Pickins are so slim for these two games that there isn't anyone that people can't afford. Somehow I have to finish in the top six. I'm thinking about half will just have the most expensive at each position. I went heavy on Jets and Buccaneers. Here's what I have:

Fitz
Martin
Ivory
Marshall
Decker
Bryant
ASJ
Gurley
Bucs

What do you think my chances are? Any other direction to go here?
Cheese curds...

are good.
mnkcarp
His Royal Pointyness

Postby mnkcarp » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:25 pm

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
mnkcarp wrote:

I'd bet my wife's life that AB and Cobb won't be playing at age 36. Of course I'll hedge and bet her life that they are playing at age 36...

You mean I might have to draft or trade for another WR in the next decade? I'll have to mark that down for a reminder...
Cheese curds...

are good.
mnkcarp
His Royal Pointyness

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:33 pm

mnkcarp wrote:
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
mnkcarp wrote:

You mean I might have to draft or trade for another WR in the next decade? I'll have to mark that down for a reminder...

I actually think that as soon as A. Brown loses his quicks he is done. To draw an analogy to another sport, he's Nadal not Federer. Shine bright, fade fast. That could be 29, 31, or 33. He'll be out of the league (for years) by age 36.

But regardless, you have a very good team now, and that is all that really matters.
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Postby Trudge » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:16 am

I'm in a bit of a bind here in round 2 of the playoffs. First round for me but trying to figure out which lineup to set.

My starters for most of the last part of the year.

QB - Big Ben vs Denver
RB - Chris Ivory vs Dallas
RB - Toddy Gurley vs Tampa
WR - DeAndre Hopkins vs Indy
WR - Julio Jones vs Jax
Flex - Greg Olson vs Giants
D/ST - Jets
K - Josh Brown vs Carolina

Bench
RB - (Totally not my first round pick) Jeremy Hill vs SF
K - Mason Crosby
QB - Derek Carr vs The Good Guys
RB - Denard Robinson vs Atlanta
3 bench spots that I don't care to swap out because it's $2 a transaction

So...I'm thinking I'm going to swap out Greg Olson, since it's a non required tight end league and he's playing gimpy. Gurley is a must because he's Gurley. My two wide receivers are set in stone and I'm fine with the Jets defense.

Big Ben vs Carr??? I hate playing the QB that is playing us but...that Denver defense...
Ivory vs Dallas or...Jeremy Hill / Denard Robinson? Atlanta and San Fran are 28 and 32 respectively against the run. But I'm no rankings bitch either.
Josh Brown or Mason Crosby? Which NYG team is going to show up? They going to get blanked by that defense or ?

Ugh, playoffs. :bkw
Trudge

Postby Acrobat » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:29 pm

Luckily I won yesterday and I'm in my Super Bowl, but I've had it with Rodgers. I'm starting Bortles over him in a tasty match up against the Saints. Watch Rodgers throw 6 TD's next week now. :lol:
"I must be an Acrobat, to talk like this, and act like that."
Acrobat

PreviousNext

Return to Cheesehead Chatter - PG