Fantasy Football Talk

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't football related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Fantasy Football Talk

Postby Bigcheese » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:39 pm

paco wrote:
Bigcheese wrote:Scobee cost me $80 last night on fandual. I joined a 250 team league for $2 and come in 6th place, still won $20. If this yahoo did his job I would have been in 1st.

oh well.

Steve Smith hurt me in 3 contests. :cry:

so you started him?

Did he get a hamstring injury in that game?
RIP Peace Jeff
38-17 Packers!
Bigcheese

Postby paco » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:47 pm

Bigcheese wrote:
paco wrote:
Bigcheese wrote:Scobee cost me $80 last night on fandual. I joined a 250 team league for $2 and come in 6th place, still won $20. If this yahoo did his job I would have been in 1st.

oh well.

Steve Smith hurt me in 3 contests. :cry:

so you started him?

Did he get a hamstring injury in that game?

I didn't watch, but heard he took a shot to the back and was out after that.
paco

Postby mnkcarp » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:00 pm

Well I have to get off DraftKings when I have too much free time. This is what happens:

- I set a lineup and enter.
- Can't put all my eggs in one basket! I decide to set another lineup, and I enter that.
- Then I think, "Wow, that is one kick-ass lineup! I need to enter that one in a few more contests!" So I do.
- But then I see I have too many of that lineup entered, and to diversify I edit that lineup for one or two entries.
- Then I think, "Wow, that is one kick-ass lineup! I need to enter that one in a few more contests!" So I do...
- etc...

Now I'm looking at $8.50 entered for the week when I started by entering $.25 contests...

But those lineups are so good!! So I enter one or two of them in $5 doubler contests...
Cheese curds...

are good.
mnkcarp
His Royal Pointyness

Postby mnkcarp » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:01 pm

Soon I'll be the guy at the intersection with a cardboard sign that says, "Will draft for food"
Cheese curds...

are good.
mnkcarp
His Royal Pointyness

Postby paco » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:46 pm

mnkcarp wrote:Soon I'll be the guy at the intersection with a cardboard sign that says, "Will draft for food"

And I shall stand next to you my friend. I've reigned myself in a bit. Haven't had more than 5 a week yet. Only won $3 this last week. But between $.25 and $1 contests, I came out $1 ahead. Got into a Mon-Thur one last night. Rawls and Ebron did me no favors. Lockett either. So probably out another $.25.

My $3 win though was as good as I've done yet. Was a smaller league and got closer to the top. I seem to do a little better every week. Just need that 1 or 2 guys to hit and get lucky. One of these days I'll hit it big!(maybe win $10.) :lol:
paco

Postby mnkcarp » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:00 pm

Yeah I'm up $4.77 on a Mon-Thur game that cost me a dollar. But I only have three players left to play, so I'll probably watch that disappear, especially if Gore doesn't play.
Cheese curds...

are good.
mnkcarp
His Royal Pointyness

Postby paco » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:36 pm

mnkcarp wrote:Yeah I'm up $4.77 on a Mon-Thur game that cost me a dollar. But I only have three players left to play, so I'll probably watch that disappear, especially if Gore doesn't play.

I'm waiting on Gore for mine as well. Plenty of money left to grab Lynch or someone else though if I need to change last minute.
paco

Postby Pckfn23 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:59 am

Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:01 am

I had assumed all along that there was insider stuff going on and that Wall St. analytics types were making thousands upon thousands of different lineups using data monster computer models.

There is hope, but not for us.
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Postby Bigcheese » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:08 pm

I was winning $250 last night going into half time on fandual, but then freaking Andrea Johnson gets two TDs and it knocked me down to 4th place= $75. Not bad for $5, but I really wanted first place!!
RIP Peace Jeff
38-17 Packers!
Bigcheese

Postby mnkcarp » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:33 pm

Bigcheese wrote:I was winning $250 last night going into half time on fandual, but then freaking Andrea Johnson gets two TDs and it knocked me down to 4th place= $75. Not bad for $5, but I really wanted first place!!
Way to go!
Cheese curds...

are good.
mnkcarp
His Royal Pointyness

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:31 pm

BeastMode out, again.

I own Rawls in a few Dynasty leagues.

Wait and see mode, I guess. Lynch does have nearly 2100 career carries at age 29.
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Postby Bigcheese » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:18 pm

mnkcarp wrote:
Bigcheese wrote:I was winning $250 last night going into half time on fandual, but then freaking Andrea Johnson gets two TDs and it knocked me down to 4th place= $75. Not bad for $5, but I really wanted first place!!
Way to go!

Thank you! My wife is has given me the green light to keep moving forward.
RIP Peace Jeff
38-17 Packers!
Bigcheese

Postby APB » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:33 pm

Schefter reporting that Julius Thomas is making his debut this week and will not be limited.

I had been using Ladarius Green in two of my leagues and he's done well, but now Gates is back and he's likely to cut into Green's looks.

Do I trust reports of Thomas playing and being unlimited? Bigger question, how is Jax/Bortles gonna use him?
APB

Postby packfntk » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:44 pm

I have Jamaal Charles and/or Eddie Lacy in every league I am in (Five leagues). FML, I don't like fantasy football anymore. :lol:

Wisconsin Cheese is better than California Cheese.
packfntk
Super Homer
Super Homer

PreviousNext

Return to Cheesehead Chatter - PG