JustJeff story page.

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't football related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

JustJeff story page.

Postby raptorman » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:06 am

With the passing of our good friend and super moderator, Jeff, I thought it would be nice to put up some stories that we each have in our dealing with Jeff. I never met the man in person, although I was hoping to.

I first ran into Jeff over at "Julies World". For those that don't know, "Julie World" was actually the Packers football forum of the Green Bay Press Gazette. It was a very active yet poorly moderated forum. One of the things that Jeff really wanted to stress here was good mods. Over the last few years of it's existence it went downhill pretty fast. With the announcement that the Press Gazette was going to drop the forum several members came up with the idea of building this site. Jeff contacted me and invited me to join. Even though I am a Vikings fan, he felt that I could contribute something to the forum. So I came over. And for that offer I am grateful. As far as I know, I am the only fan of another team that has been a contributor to this site on a regular basis from the start. Jeff made me feel welcome from day one.

One of the things that Jeff and I talked about was me becoming a Packers fan. He knew my story as to why I am a Vikings fan and tried to get me to convert. Even offering to buy me a Packer jersey. I told him that if my Vikings ever moved he had a deal. I would not follow them out of MN. The only jersey I would accept would have been a Bart Starr Jersey. And of course Jeff was just fine with that. I do think that after the announcement of the new Vikings stadium and the fact that they would not be leaving MN, Jeff was just a little disappointed he would not get to buy me that Jersey. I am sure he would have.
Someone stole my car last night. I was going to call the police but I said "Screw it, let him explain the bodies in the trunk".
raptorman

Re: JustJeff story page.

Postby packfntk » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:17 am

That is awesome raptor. And all these years I tried to convert you, all I offered was my old jerseys of players who no longer play for the Packers. :lol:

This story put a smile on my face.

Wisconsin Cheese is better than California Cheese.
packfntk
Super Homer
Super Homer

Return to Cheesehead Chatter - PG