Corruption In America

This forum is for discussion of political topics, and other serious non-football related debates. Please start these topics here, or they will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Corruption In America

Postby BF004 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:39 pm

Goodness, sounds like a Limbaugh v Maher talking points seminar here.
BF004

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:43 pm

Our automobile based culture killed the large nuclear family. The reality is that the logistics of having a family with more than 3 kids is quite difficult, especially with a 2 earner family. To get around as a family you either need an unusually large (and expensive) vehicle or take multiple vehicles. Get back to me when you are making the "should we have another" decision when you've already got 3.

Along with that, it is nearly impossible to afford a family of 5+ without a double income. Yet, if you want to be a double income family daycare is a must. Daycare is about $10,000 a year per child, so you are looking at one entire income going to daycare, if you have 3 kids under school age. That is only true though if one of the income earners is making $40,000+ a year. If not, you are looking at another job for at least 1 of the income earners, and thus that parent must be away from the children much more often. There goes your traditional family values...

You want traditional family values back? Make it less of an economic burden to have children. The cost of raising a child from birth to 18 has went from $165,000 in 2000 to $245,000 in 2013. In 1960 that cost was $25,000, which should equate to $195,238 in 2013 money.
-------------------------------------------
:lol: Thinking Bill Maher is as far left as Rush Limbaugh is far right. Now if you would have said Rachel Maddow, I would agree.
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby Waldo » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:38 pm

I do laugh at the cost to have kids a bit tho; kids are pretty cheap when they have a full-time caregivier and can actually be a net positive (having kids causes you to do less, because of $$, logistics, and the fact that kids are entertaining).

My wife quitting work to care for the kids was a minimal financial burden (our income was always very lopsided, and house purchases made with me being able to pay alone in mind); the lack of going out to eat and going out to bars/movies/travel/etc more than offset it.

Adding another to the mix in a couple weeks will be a minimal financial burden. But, we had a vanishing twin; when we thought were were going to have twins, that's when the financial burden was a little worrisome, starting with the fact that our vehicles would be inadequate for our family size.
Waldo

Postby Pckfn23 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:50 pm

Obviously that cost is an average, some cost more, some cost less. You definitely cut down on the cost of raising a child when you have a stay-at-home parent. That is tough for most families to do as the sole income earner has to be bringing home enough to support the entire family. For a family of 5, you need to bring home $28,410+ a year to be above the poverty line. We have a family of 4, so $24,250 is our poverty line, I bring home just $5000 more than that and I am 6 credits shy of a Masters degree. Luckily the wife's take home is triple mine. If I was forced to be the sole income earner, we would struggle, mightily. One thing that does help this situation immensely is not having to rely on employer-provided health care to have afforded health insurance. It offers a little more flexibility for families that want to go the stay-at-home parent route.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby dirty sanchez » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:07 pm

Pckfn23 wrote:
Our automobile based culture killed the large nuclear family. The reality is that the logistics of having a family with more than 3 kids is quite difficult, especially with a 2 earner family. To get around as a family you either need an unusually large (and expensive) vehicle or take multiple vehicles. Get back to me when you are making the "should we have another" decision when you've already got 3.

Along with that, it is nearly impossible to afford a family of 5+ without a double income. Yet, if you want to be a double income family daycare is a must. Daycare is about $10,000 a year per child, so you are looking at one entire income going to daycare, if you have 3 kids under school age. That is only true though if one of the income earners is making $40,000+ a year. If not, you are looking at another job for at least 1 of the income earners, and thus that parent must be away from the children much more often. There goes your traditional family values...

You want traditional family values back? Make it less of an economic burden to have children. The cost of raising a child from birth to 18 has went from $165,000 in 2000 to $245,000 in 2013. In 1960 that cost was $25,000, which should equate to $195,238 in 2013 money.
-------------------------------------------
:lol: Thinking Bill Maher is as far left as Rush Limbaugh is far right. Now if you would have said Rachel Maddow, I would agree.
Illegals don't seem to have a problem. :8)
dirty sanchez

Postby BF004 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:07 pm

Got 3 right now, oldest in part-time 4K, youngest almost 4 weeks now, going to get damned expensive soon. ~400 a week, closer to ~450 next summer when oldest doesn't have 4k. =( We both get paid well enough where 1 of us staying home doesn't even come close, we'd lose tons of money going that route.
BF004

Postby BF004 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:10 pm

Pckfn23 wrote: :lol: Thinking Bill Maher is as far left as Rush Limbaugh is far right. Now if you would have said Rachel Maddow, I would agree.

Who made any such comparisons on distance from center?

I can tell Waldo listens to Maher (aside from his admitting it) and Rodge listens to Rush, I really enjoy listening to both to be honest. Doesn't mean I agree with either in many cases, just enjoy listening to each and can tell each is lock in step with both.
BF004

Postby Waldo » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:54 pm

BF004 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote: :lol: Thinking Bill Maher is as far left as Rush Limbaugh is far right. Now if you would have said Rachel Maddow, I would agree.

Who made any such comparisons on distance from center?

I can tell Waldo listens to Maher (aside from his admitting it) and Rodge listens to Rush, I really enjoy listening to both to be honest. Doesn't mean I agree with either in many cases, just enjoy listening to each and can tell each is lock in step with both.

Eh, kinda. Any atheist progressive is gonna be darn close to him. I very much break with him on health type issues though, he's all-in on the anti-GMO thing and the paleo health explanation (that food quality is the root of all illness and obesity). He doesn't talk about it much but I imagine we differ greatly when it comes to family and kids (given that he doesn't have any...); we live as close as any to a 50's traditional family as anyone nowadays (even in home choice and decor...), except for the whole going to church thing.

I do follow, read, and greatly agree with Republican Reformocons like Barro, Pethokoukis, and Salam, (Barro and Salam are frequently on Maher, I follow them all on Twitter and pretty much read everything they write) but they have no voice in actual electoral politics. But their policy solutions and critques of D solutions I often agree with. But they also completely and totally disagree with the current Republican party on pretty much everything (starting with the core belief that the R economic solution, supply side economics, is utterly and completely wrong).

As to the other topic, the key to making it work in a single earner family is to plan that from the get go, well before kids, before you commit finances long term; you will have to make sacrifices in big ticket things, housing and vehicles, and understand that stuff like travel and vacationing has to be minimal at best. I'm jelly of all y'all going to Packer games, stuff like that is really frickin far from being doable in our budget. But you also do have to make a good bit of bank as a single earner, it wouldn't have worked when I was a 20-something making 40-50K.
Waldo

Postby Willink » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:11 am

An aside from the current line of debate in the thread, but anyone else have experience with local govt? Or even town board meetings, or school boards writ large, outright nepotism and buddy-buddy politicking. Here in NYS you will literally have old ladies going out of their way to spite young people for running for office:

One millennial who was a candidate in a local race for office in Upstate New York wasn’t even allowed to participate after his signatures were challenged for ballot access. Al Thoma was running for school board in Albany when a 6o+ year old woman who he has never heard of challenged his petitions. When asked about the New York State Election System, Al said, “What system? You mean the Lineal succession of democratic oppression? How it’s fixed against independents…”

The journal also found that over 50% of millennial candidates for office in Upstate New York are excluded from running after local election boards disqualify them for technicalities. This has contributed to a large brain drain from the region as millennials not only have no jobs or hope for an adult future, but are denied from participating in their communities. So the answer for them? They are leaving.
Willink

Postby RodgePodge » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:42 pm

Waldo wrote:Lol, our culture long ago rejected this. "Family values" is rhetorical nonsense with no real separate and distinct core values.

False, you just don't buy into it.

[pquote]Our automobile based culture killed the large nuclear family. The reality is that the logistics of having a family with more than 3 kids is quite difficult, especially with a 2 earner family. To get around as a family you either need an unusually large (and expensive) vehicle or take multiple vehicles. Get back to me when you are making the "should we have another" decision when you've already got 3. :D [/quote]

Absolute conjecture.

The war on sex

Ah yes, the "war on sex" :roll:

for fun was lost long, long ago culturally; just a few remaining strict god people running the insurgency, but who also have a lot of political power.

Your naming of "god people" is very strange. But yes, cultural marxism did a huge number on Western values in the 20th century.

Western culture is totally over the war.

False, it's not over, but the cultural marxists are winning and will win until it collapses.

I wonder why the flipside, fertility treatment, isn't part of the whole abortion/contraception debate on the right. If a fertilzed embryo is a person, IVF pretty much has to be banned. At what point is "taking it out of gods hands" a problem, when you start tracking the precise time of highest likelihood, taking pills to prompt multiple egg released, IUI, IVF, or to the extreme, ICSI. All of the ethical problems god people have with abortion and contraception are there for fertility treatment. But instead of telling people you can't kill babies or prevent "god's will", you are telling them you can't have babies. Oh the dilemma.

Strange tangent. Only killing unborn babies is the issue. Not medicine.

Trying to force culture toward puritanism via government; who again is a fan of big government and personal freedom? Only the libertarian right can reconcile this central ideological conflict on the right, culturally favoring big government and lack of freedom (on pretty much every cultural issue or quasi cultural issue) while economically and rhetorically claiming to be against big government and regulations.

Who here is talking about big government, besides you? Your worst nightmare is a decentralized educational system and more power to local communities because then it won't be quite so easy to push the cultural marxist agenda. But, that was already lost when academia and then media was assimilated by marxists in the early to mid 20th century. And now look at the disastrous results.

Although, you seem to be one of them, so I don't think it bothers you too much to see Western society degenerate.
Make the Packers Great Again!
RodgePodge

Postby Waldo » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:34 am

RodgePodge wrote:
Waldo wrote:Lol, our culture long ago rejected this. "Family values" is rhetorical nonsense with no real separate and distinct core values.

False, you just don't buy into it.

You are the one that put forth this point. Explain what separate and distinct core values "family values" has that is outside of the set of American values. My point was that it is rhetorical nonsense. The ball is in your court, nuh-uh is not an answer.

RodgePodge wrote:
Our automobile based culture killed the large nuclear family. The reality is that the logistics of having a family with more than 3 kids is quite difficult, especially with a 2 earner family. To get around as a family you either need an unusually large (and expensive) vehicle or take multiple vehicles. Get back to me when you are making the "should we have another" decision when you've already got 3. :D

Absolute conjecture.

Nope. It comes from experience. I'm in the family building phase with my life as are pretty much all our friends. Having more than 3 kids is pretty rare nowadays, and a big reason is the logistics is really tough in our car based culture once you get past 3.

RodgePodge wrote:
for fun was lost long, long ago culturally; just a few remaining strict god people running the insurgency, but who also have a lot of political power.

Your naming of "god people" is very strange. But yes, cultural marxism did a huge number on Western values in the 20th century.

"God people" is not strange at all. Religion is a virus that exists to perpetuate itself and replicate, feeding on fear. God people caught the virus (monotheism, some other religions are less disease-like and don't feed on fear). God people like to talk about god, and want you to join them talking about god. God people want your money, so they can talk about god even more, and advertise just how great god is. All god people, no matter the religion, are infected relatively similar.

RodgePodge wrote:
Western culture is totally over the war.

False, it's not over, but the cultural marxists are winning and will win until it collapses.

Marxists? You really have no idea of what American culture is, it is very un-Marxist. Our culture is the culture of excess and near total freedom, bad in some ways, good in others, but frickin awesome nonetheless. Our culture is the absolute best human experience that has been afforded people ever throughout history. Our founding fathers heavily modeled this country on Ancient Rome, which was incidentally also culturally awesome; 2000 years ago it sucked to be you if you weren't a roman.

RodgePodge wrote:
I wonder why the flipside, fertility treatment, isn't part of the whole abortion/contraception debate on the right. If a fertilzed embryo is a person, IVF pretty much has to be banned. At what point is "taking it out of gods hands" a problem, when you start tracking the precise time of highest likelihood, taking pills to prompt multiple egg released, IUI, IVF, or to the extreme, ICSI. All of the ethical problems god people have with abortion and contraception are there for fertility treatment. But instead of telling people you can't kill babies or prevent "god's will", you are telling them you can't have babies. Oh the dilemma.

Strange tangent. Only killing unborn babies is the issue. Not medicine.

How is it a strange tangent? MY wife and I have 8 fertilized embryos in a freezer, frozen 3 days after fertilization. Our most recent child is as product of IVF, some of them used ICSI (sperm injected into egg). Without this development in science, we would not be having another child. Yet we are also going to have to make tough decisions about our frozen embryos, whether to keep payment for storage, if we want to/can afford to implant them and try to have more kids. But the modern conservative definition, those are humans, destroying them is murder.

RodgePodge wrote:
Trying to force culture toward puritanism via government; who again is a fan of big government and personal freedom? Only the libertarian right can reconcile this central ideological conflict on the right, culturally favoring big government and lack of freedom (on pretty much every cultural issue or quasi cultural issue) while economically and rhetorically claiming to be against big government and regulations.

Who here is talking about big government, besides you? Your worst nightmare is a decentralized educational system and more power to local communities because then it won't be quite so easy to push the cultural marxist agenda. But, that was already lost when academia and then media was assimilated by marxists in the early to mid 20th century. And now look at the disastrous results.

Although, you seem to be one of them, so I don't think it bothers you too much to see Western society degenerate.

You seem so certain about my views. Yet next week I'm going to cast a vote yes to form a new city within the Atlanta metro to break away from the county gov't, giving ourselves more local community power. The D position is breaking away and forming a new city. The R position is to stay with the county (no new government!!!!) You seem to know your talking points, but really don't know $#!! about reality. Hell I doubt you are even a landowner.

Marxist again, LOL. You really don't understand Marixism at all and how it differs from the US. The US takes freedom and capitalism to the extreme, it is incredibly anti-Marxist.

And we fundamentally disagree about our culture. Our culture is the bomb. A couple little things could be changed (cough, legalize weed), but for the most part it is great. If you don't like it, leave, there are a heck of a lot of people that would gladly take your place.
Waldo

Postby RodgePodge » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:43 am

Waldo wrote:You are the one that put forth this point. Explain what separate and distinct core values "family values" has that is outside of the set of American values. My point was that it is rhetorical nonsense. The ball is in your court, nuh-uh is not an answer.

You want me to define family values? Wholesome virtuosity that children should be exposed to.

Nope. It comes from experience. I'm in the family building phase with my life as are pretty much all our friends. Having more than 3 kids is pretty rare nowadays, and a big reason is the logistics is really tough in our car based culture once you get past 3.

Anecdotal. Raising larger families has always been more difficult.

"God people" is not strange at all. Religion is a virus that exists to perpetuate itself and replicate, feeding on fear. God people caught the virus (monotheism, some other religions are less disease-like and don't feed on fear). God people like to talk about god, and want you to join them talking about god. God people want your money, so they can talk about god even more, and advertise just how great god is. All god people, no matter the religion, are infected relatively similar.

That is a very warped and disturbing view. Very. But it explains a lot about your views.

Marxists? You really have no idea of what American culture is, it is very un-Marxist. Our culture is the culture of excess and near total freedom, bad in some ways, good in others, but frickin awesome nonetheless. Our culture is the absolute best human experience that has been afforded people ever throughout history. Our founding fathers heavily modeled this country on Ancient Rome, which was incidentally also culturally awesome; 2000 years ago it sucked to be you if you weren't a roman.

The US of today isn't even close to the US of 1800. Cultural marxism has taken over and the West, including the US, is falling like Rome in its decline.

How is it a strange tangent? MY wife and I have 8 fertilized embryos in a freezer, frozen 3 days after fertilization. Our most recent child is as product of IVF, some of them used ICSI (sperm injected into egg). Without this development in science, we would not be having another child. Yet we are also going to have to make tough decisions about our frozen embryos, whether to keep payment for storage, if we want to/can afford to implant them and try to have more kids.

What does this have to do with anything?

But the modern conservative definition, those are humans, destroying them is murder.

Yes.

You seem so certain about my views. Yet next week I'm going to cast a vote yes to form a new city within the Atlanta metro to break away from the county gov't, giving ourselves more local community power. The D position is breaking away and forming a new city. The R position is to stay with the county (no new government!!!!) You seem to know your talking points, but really don't know $#!! about reality. Hell I doubt you are even a landowner.

Yeah, the guy calling religion a "virus" is really the one in touch with reality :roll: . Leftists = centralized power. A fact is a fact is a fact.

Marxist again, LOL. You really don't understand Marixism at all and how it differs from the US. The US takes freedom and capitalism to the extreme, it is incredibly anti-Marxist.

You clearly don't even know what cultural marxism is, which is ironic since you are full-blown indulged in it.

And we fundamentally disagree about our culture. Our culture is the bomb. A couple little things could be changed (cough, legalize weed), but for the most part it is great. If you don't like it, leave, there are a heck of a lot of people that would gladly take your place.

Oh, a leftist saying "love it or leave it," the irony! And no, Western culture is now degenerate trash of drugs, promiscuity, one night hookups, crime, single parent families, lack of family values, welfare leeches, lazy and entitled youngsters, etc. It is a filth pit besides the nuclear, white, Christian families (for the most part).
RodgePodge

Postby Waldo » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:59 pm

RodgePodge wrote:
Waldo wrote:You are the one that put forth this point. Explain what separate and distinct core values "family values" has that is outside of the set of American values. My point was that it is rhetorical nonsense. The ball is in your court, nuh-uh is not an answer.

You want me to define family values? Wholesome virtuosity that children should be exposed to.

Apparently you have no idea either, since you are incapable of putting forth anything other than rhetorical nonsense. Adjectives and not things, nouns are; use them.

RodgePodge wrote:

Anecdotal. Raising larger families has always been more difficult.

No, in the era where large families were the norm, aka the pre-auto era, society was far more agrarian than today, the vast majority of people were farmers. Lots of kids are useful on the farm (free labor), especially the non-mechanized family farms of yore. Times have changed, a lot, kids are less useful on the farm nowadays, and farmers are a small % of the population.

RodgePodge wrote:

That is a very warped and disturbing view. Very. But it explains a lot about your views.

Thats right. I'm an athiest(ish). Something that I freely admit. God people are annoying. But I'm certainly not alone nor do I have a particularly strange view of religion.

RodgePodge wrote:

The US of today isn't even close to the US of 1800. Cultural marxism has taken over and the West, including the US, is falling like Rome in its decline.

Ah Ok. I see.... "cultural Marxism" is nothing like actual Marxism, its just a crazy right winger conspiracy theory that uses the term "Marxism" to scare easily frightened know nothings. Because actual Marxism is hilariously far from the US and our culture, to conflate them in the slightest betrays an utter lack of understanding the fundamental basics of society.

RodgePodge wrote:
How is it a strange tangent? MY wife and I have 8 fertilized embryos in a freezer, frozen 3 days after fertilization. Our most recent child is as product of IVF, some of them used ICSI (sperm injected into egg). Without this development in science, we would not be having another child. Yet we are also going to have to make tough decisions about our frozen embryos, whether to keep payment for storage, if we want to/can afford to implant them and try to have more kids.

What does this have to do with anything?

But the modern conservative definition, those are humans, destroying them is murder.

Yes.

Then why the focus on abortion by the right? To be completely consistent ideologically fertility treatment and birth control are one in the same, more extreme versions of each, IVF and abortion, are also the same.

One has the goal of creating life and one has the goal of preventing it, but in the end the nuts and bolts are identical. Time things, take pills, and far more extreme intervention, every birth prevention method has a birth encouragement method that is near identical.

But it is a rhetorical problem big time (one can't oppose IVF with the rhetoric of abortion opposition) and takes a losing political issue (abortion) to the lunatic fringe (opposing both IVF and abortion), yet it must be done to fix the logical inconsistencies.

RodgePodge wrote:

Yeah, the guy calling religion a "virus" is really the one in touch with reality :roll: . Leftists = centralized power. A fact is a fact is a fact.

You seem to have an extremely simplteton black/white worldview that is utterly devoid of nuance. Again, I highly doubt you own land. Or have kids. Or a girlfriend for that matter (I'm almost sure I'm correctly assuming you are a MRA). Like a fresh out of college engineer, loaded with theory, but that doesn't know how to build squat.

RodgePodge wrote:

You clearly don't even know what cultural marxism is, which is ironic since you are full-blown indulged in it.

You are right, I had no idea. I incorrectly assumed it was at least vaguely related to actual Marxism, which it isn't.

RodgePodge wrote:

Oh, a leftist saying "love it or leave it," the irony! And no, Western culture is now degenerate trash of drugs, promiscuity, one night hookups, crime, single parent families, lack of family values, welfare leeches, lazy and entitled youngsters, etc. It is a filth pit besides the nuclear, white, Christian families (for the most part).

Its pretty clear that you are utterly detached from reality; big white Christian families are often the worst of all whether its drugs (alcoholism and various prescription drug addiction, and of course coke,meth, and heroin), promiscuity (adultery is certainly not uncommon among any group, god people certainly sleep around as much as anyone else), crime (white collar crime is crime too...).

Of course there you go again with your rhetorical nonsense.

And I see you dig the white hood culture... Have you ever met any actual black people, asian people, or hispanic people? Its like you have no real exposure to these other Americans and only understand caricatures. When it comes to christian values, large nuclear famililes, etc.., the values you are all about, white people are pretty low on the list.

I actually just read a great article about hookup culture and why it exists. It is the natural outcome of the M-F imbalance in education attainment. The market for stable well educated men is very much a sellers market, where 2 females for every male is the norm (if not even more extreme). So the dating market is skewed heavily toward men's preferences, which gives rise to hookup culture. Among the uneducated, the equation is flipped and its a buyers market, where men have to chase the women, and women set the terms of the market. Education is a fairly hard line class line that few date across; its a good time to be a well educated (high value) man in the dating pool.
Waldo

Postby RodgePodge » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:32 pm

Waldo wrote:
Apparently you have no idea either, since you are incapable of putting forth anything other than rhetorical nonsense.

Quite ironic coming from you. I already gave you a definition.

No, in the era where large families were the norm, aka the pre-auto era, society was far more agrarian than today, the vast majority of people were farmers. Lots of kids are useful on the farm (free labor), especially the non-mechanized family farms of yore. Times have changed, a lot, kids are less useful on the farm nowadays, and farmers are a small % of the population.

Sure, that used to be the case but it has nothing to do with today. Large families should be encouraged.

Thats right. I'm an athiest(ish). Something that I freely admit. God people are annoying. But I'm certainly not alone nor do I have a particularly strange view of religion.

Not a surprise at all. You are lacking in any moral compass as a result.

Ah Ok. I see.... "cultural Marxism" is nothing like actual Marxism, its just a crazy right winger conspiracy theory that uses the term "Marxism" to scare easily frightened know nothings. Because actual Marxism is hilariously far from the US and our culture, to conflate them in the slightest betrays an utter lack of understanding the fundamental basics of society.

Right winger conspiracy theory? Ah yes, that vast right wing conspiracy. No, cultural marxism is real. And it is destroying the West with useful fools like yourself.

Then why the focus on abortion by the right? To be completely consistent ideologically fertility treatment and birth control are one in the same, more extreme versions of each, IVF and abortion, are also the same.

One has the goal of creating life and one has the goal of preventing it, but in the end the nuts and bolts are identical. Time things, take pills, and far more extreme intervention, every birth prevention method has a birth encouragement method that is near identical.

But it is a rhetorical problem big time (one can't oppose IVF with the rhetoric of abortion opposition) and takes a losing political issue (abortion) to the lunatic fringe (opposing both IVF and abortion), yet it must be done to fix the logical inconsistencies.

There is no logical inconsistency. One involves killing a human being. The other does not. At the deepest level you know it and you're okay with it.

You seem to have an extremely simplteton black/white worldview that is utterly devoid of nuance. Again, I highly doubt you own land. Or have kids. Or a girlfriend for that matter (I'm almost sure I'm correctly assuming you are a MRA). Like a fresh out of college engineer, loaded with theory, but that doesn't know how to build squat.

You presume to know a lot. You sound like a 19 year old who just took his first Philosophy course.

You are right, I had no idea. I incorrectly assumed it was at least vaguely related to actual Marxism, which it isn't.

Actually it is. You should read more.

Its pretty clear that you are utterly detached from reality; big white Christian families are often the worst of all whether its drugs (alcoholism and various prescription drug addiction, and of course coke,meth, and heroin), promiscuity (adultery is certainly not uncommon among any group, god people certainly sleep around as much as anyone else), crime (white collar crime is crime too...).

Large white Christian families are what built America and Western civilization.

Of course there you go again with your rhetorical nonsense.

Gee that's funny since you just went on a rant about large white Christian families and a rant about how you imagine my life.

And I see you dig the white hood culture... Have you ever met any actual black people, asian people, or hispanic people? Its like you have no real exposure to these other Americans and only understand caricatures. When it comes to christian values, large nuclear famililes, etc.., the values you are all about, white people are pretty low on the list.

Your arrogance and snootiness is just dripping through your posts. I can feel your bitterness through the screen.

I actually just read a great article about hookup culture and why it exists. It is the natural outcome of the M-F imbalance in education attainment. The market for stable well educated men is very much a sellers market, where 2 females for every male is the norm (if not even more extreme). So the dating market is skewed heavily toward men's preferences, which gives rise to hookup culture. Among the uneducated, the equation is flipped and its a buyers market, where men have to chase the women, and women set the terms of the market. Education is a fairly hard line class line that few date across; its a good time to be a well educated (high value) man in the dating pool.

I agree, and this is largely a result of feminism and women leaving their traditional roles.
RodgePodge

Postby wallyuwl » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:40 pm

<snip>

Mod edit: Just catching up to this thread. Enough with the commentary/passing judgement on other posters.
wallyuwl

PreviousNext

Return to The Podium - PG13