Football ratings.

This forum is for discussion of political topics, and other serious non-football related debates. Please start these topics here, or they will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Football ratings.

Postby TheSkeptic » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:44 pm

I will leave opinions until later. This post is about information

In the 2017 season, excluding playoffs which are just starting:
Viewership of NFL games was down 10% over the previous year.

Monday night NFL football games on ESPN averaged about 11-million viewers this season.
The Alabama-Georgia college game, also on ESPN on a Monday night, had more than 28-million.

Viewership of this game was up 13% over the college title game last year.

For this year's playoffs:
Overnight ratings for the four Wild Card games fell by an average of 13 percent — with one game, the Saints-Panthers matchup, off a whopping 21 percent, according to Nielsen.

Roughly half of the league's total comes from broadcasting rights including Game Pass.
TheSkeptic

Re: Football ratings.

Postby BF004 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:18 pm

Anyone know how other things are doing? Merchandise sales? Actual seat sales? Other?

How will this affect future salary caps?
BF004

Postby wallyuwl » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:21 pm

BF004 wrote:Anyone know how other things are doing? Merchandise sales? Actual seat sales? Other?

How will this affect future salary caps?

All excellent questions. One thing is for sure, the NFL is killing the golden goose.
wallyuwl

Postby kampmanfan4life » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:01 am

I heard Murphy say that it is a concern but all sports ratings are down across the board ( which I believe if you look at people cutting cable and MLB talking about a pitcher time clock). Murphy went on to mention that he feels the league might be oversaturated having games offered all day Sunday, Monday nights, Thursday nights causes non-marquee games to be played in a "prime time" slot which people simply are not going to tune in for.
"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling."-Vince Lombardi
kampmanfan4life

Postby texas » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:49 pm

People need tribalism in their lives and politics has taken a large chunk of that desire to see "my team" beat "the other team".
Suck it Bears.
Roger Goodell Phone: 212-450-2027
texas

Postby wallyuwl » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:54 pm

kampmanfan4life wrote:I heard Murphy say that it is a concern but all sports ratings are down across the board ( which I believe if you look at people cutting cable and MLB talking about a pitcher time clock). Murphy went on to mention that he feels the league might be oversaturated having games offered all day Sunday, Monday nights, Thursday nights causes non-marquee games to be played in a "prime time" slot which people simply are not going to tune in for.

Of course murphy would avoid the largest issue for the sudden drop, or even worse (for the nfl) not recognize the issue. He was one of the leagues loudest #resist voices last september.

This fall, when retail sales were booming, the packers pro shop had more frequent sales and for a larger percent off (25 instead of the normal 20) than i have ever seen. Makes me think even packers fans are not buying as much merch. I havent bought anything new packers in a year, and usually got it at the pps.
wallyuwl

Postby texas » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:03 pm

wallyuwl wrote:
kampmanfan4life wrote:I heard Murphy say that it is a concern but all sports ratings are down across the board ( which I believe if you look at people cutting cable and MLB talking about a pitcher time clock). Murphy went on to mention that he feels the league might be oversaturated having games offered all day Sunday, Monday nights, Thursday nights causes non-marquee games to be played in a "prime time" slot which people simply are not going to tune in for.

Of course murphy would avoid the largest issue for the sudden drop, or even worse (for the nfl) not recognize the issue. He was one of the leagues loudest #resist voices last september.

This fall, when retail sales were booming, the packers pro shop had more frequent sales and for a larger percent off (25 instead of the normal 20) than i have ever seen. Makes me think even packers fans are not buying as much merch. I havent bought anything new packers in a year, and usually got it at the pps.

Yeah Murphy is a huge cuck. It's one reason why I don't trust him to take over more control of the team.

Especially because Packers fans are probably the most blue-collar fanbase in the whole country. It's so dumb that he made those statements.
Suck it Bears.
Roger Goodell Phone: 212-450-2027
texas

Return to The Podium - PG13