Paid Family Leave

This forum is for discussion of political topics, and other serious non-football related debates. Please start these topics here, or they will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Paid Family Leave

Postby mike » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:44 pm

BF004 wrote:
Mendeleev wrote:I'll take your approach and ignore their inanities.

Trolls can't troll with out food :P

Thread has basically become worthless at this point, how bout we all try to pick it back up? Leave personal comments in your head.

All I know is there are a few people in this forum I'd like to stick a needle in :lol:

and when it comes to thumping bible verse people should realize in Gods perspective, sterilization is probably the same as abortion since God says he new you before you where in your mothers womb, sterilization seems more humanistic since it's done prior to conception.

the point here is the elimination of choice and the need for planned parenthood and giving those rights to legislation decided upon mostly by men, who started this problem in the first place, (if only woman would keep there legs crossed) we like the candy, but don't want to pay the store owner, and don't know how to dispense of the candy wrapper, it's a problem as old as man kind, voluntary sterilization has worked for those that chose it, usually after they've already had a couple kids though, trying to get people to do that prior is doubtful, I know I wouldn't have done it.
mike

Postby texas » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:50 am

mike wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Thread has basically become worthless at this point, how bout we all try to pick it back up? Leave personal comments in your head.

All I know is there are a few people in this forum I'd like to stick a needle in :lol:

and when it comes to thumping bible verse people should realize in Gods perspective, sterilization is probably the same as abortion since God says he new you before you where in your mothers womb, sterilization seems more humanistic since it's done prior to conception.

the point here is the elimination of choice and the need for planned parenthood and giving those rights to legislation decided upon mostly by men, who started this problem in the first place, (if only woman would keep there legs crossed) we like the candy, but don't want to pay the store owner, and don't know how to dispense of the candy wrapper, it's a problem as old as man kind, voluntary sterilization has worked for those that chose it, usually after they've already had a couple kids though, trying to get people to do that prior is doubtful, I know I wouldn't have done it.

Out of all the crazy posts you've ever made, this one has got to be up there as perhaps the craziest. I mean, it's got everything: personal threats (I know you're joking and I'm not offended, it's just funny), very poor interpretation of scripture, terrible eschatological reasoning, women's rights activism, justification of planned parenthood, lefty talking points, male feminism...

A true work of art :D
Suck it Bears.
Roger Goodell Phone: 212-450-2027
texas

Postby texas » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:01 am

BF004 wrote:

I don't have a problem with Mendeleev, I think he's not that bad of a guy all things considered.

Anyways, paid family leave at least has the effect of promoting the family unit (in theory), which is a welcome change from the prevailing pop culture playbook. But I just couldn't vote for another massive taxpayer-funded welfare program.
Suck it Bears.
texas

Postby mike » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:44 pm

texas wrote:
mike wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Out of all the crazy posts you've ever made, this one has got to be up there as perhaps the craziest. I mean, it's got everything: personal threats (I know you're joking and I'm not offended, it's just funny), very poor interpretation of scripture, terrible eschatological reasoning, women's rights activism, justification of planned parenthood, lefty talking points, male feminism...

perhaps slamming a number 9 needle into your butt cheek was uncalled for :biggrin:

seriously though who doesn't think man is the root cause of so many abortions? you'd have to be lying to yourself to think differently, prostitution is said to be the oldest occupation for woman, man has been chasing woman for sex since Adam and Eve.
who since recorded time has decided rights for woman? men, who don't want to pay for paid work leave? men
lis abortion in this country is a male issue, we can blame woman for not using a contraceptive, but men don't want to pay for it, then when we do get them pregnant, we often don't want to pay to raise the child, don't want to pay for abortions and stick the woman with the burden of raising a child she didn't want, hell truth be told she probably didn't want sex either, they give in because we (man) are not use to taking NO for a answer, doesn't that sound like reality to you?

I'am not pro abortion, I'am pro reality, we need planned parenthood, it does a lot more then just provide woman with abortions, in fact it's main goal is to stop unwanted pregnancy's, and that should be everyones goal.
mike

Postby texas » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:18 am

mike wrote:
texas wrote:
mike wrote:
BF004 wrote:

perhaps slamming a number 9 needle into your butt cheek was uncalled for :biggrin:

seriously though who doesn't think man is the root cause of so many abortions? you'd have to be lying to yourself to think differently, prostitution is said to be the oldest occupation for woman, man has been chasing woman for sex since Adam and Eve.
who since recorded time has decided rights for woman? men, who don't want to pay for paid work leave? men
lis abortion in this country is a male issue, we can blame woman for not using a contraceptive, but men don't want to pay for it, then when we do get them pregnant, we often don't want to pay to raise the child, don't want to pay for abortions and stick the woman with the burden of raising a child she didn't want, hell truth be told she probably didn't want sex either, they give in because we (man) are not use to taking NO for a answer, doesn't that sound like reality to you?

I'am not pro abortion, I'am pro reality, we need planned parenthood, it does a lot more then just provide woman with abortions, in fact it's main goal is to stop unwanted pregnancy's, and that should be everyones goal.

Yoop, I can't think of a more pathetic thing to be than a male feminist, and your post is dangerously close to that. :lol:

I wish I could cover up the facts with pretty little lies, since abortions cull the number of Democrat voters by like 500,000 each year, but the fact is, abortion is murder, and like it or not, when you abort, you're murdering someone. Since murder is (rightly) illegal, abortion not being so is a #$%! of justice.
Suck it Bears.
texas

Postby dirty sanchez » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:57 pm

mike wrote:I'am not pro abortion, I'am pro reality, we need planned parenthood, it does a lot more then just provide woman with abortions, in fact it's main goal is to stop unwanted pregnancy's, and that should be everyones goal.
I actually agree with you. The solution is to stop it at conception which makes abortion a moot point. And the best way to do this? Sterilization, of course. Glad you agree with me too.
dirty sanchez

Postby Charon21 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:52 pm

Paid family leave is a thing I generally support, but when Ivanka and #LittleMarco are its champions, you gotta know something's up. Ivanka may not be a full-blown righty, but she's no one's progressive, either.

Here's what's up with it: they're going to fund the program out of your earned benefits (namely: social security).

So yeah, this is trash.
Charon21

Postby BF004 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:27 pm

Charon21 wrote:Paid family leave is a thing I generally support, but when Ivanka and #LittleMarco are its champions, you gotta know something's up. Ivanka may not be a full-blown righty, but she's no one's progressive, either.

Here's what's up with it: they're going to fund the program out of your earned benefits (namely: social security).

So yeah, this is trash.

Why is that bad? That is the favorite proposal I’ve heard thus far.

When you want ‘paid’ family leave, are you exclusively looking for the rich or business to fund it? If you do it with business, leaving a huge door wide open for discrimination, which would likely be followed with chapters of more regulations and laws, passing countless hours of compliance and thousands of dollars to a business. Sounds like a good enough reason to build that new plant in China or Mexico to me.
BF004

Postby mike » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:09 pm

dirty sanchez wrote:
mike wrote:I'am not pro abortion, I'am pro reality, we need planned parenthood, it does a lot more then just provide woman with abortions, in fact it's main goal is to stop unwanted pregnancy's, and that should be everyones goal.
I actually agree with you. The solution is to stop it at conception which makes abortion a moot point. And the best way to do this? Sterilization, of course. Glad you agree with me too.

I'd pay for contraceptives and birth control first, many unwanted pregnancy's are a result of woman not be able to afford birth control, abortion was in decline when Obama installed national healthcare, funny how the GOP always wants to defund programs that work.
mike

Postby texas » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:32 am

Charon21 wrote:Paid family leave is a thing I generally support, but when Ivanka and #LittleMarco are its champions, you gotta know something's up. Ivanka may not be a full-blown righty, but she's no one's progressive, either.

So yeah, this is trash.

Dang bro, you've been very woke in the last few discussions. About to make you an honorary member of the right wing
Suck it Bears.
texas

Postby wallyuwl » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:12 am

mike wrote:
dirty sanchez wrote:

I'd pay for contraceptives and birth control first, many unwanted pregnancy's are a result of woman not be able to afford birth control, abortion was in decline when Obama installed national healthcare, funny how the GOP always wants to defund programs that work.
Birth control is fifteen dollars per month, without insurance. It is often available free at county health departments. Condoms are free at every county health dept i have ever heard of. Everyone has a smart phone (even if a subsidized Obamaphone) and there are free apps to track your cycle so you know when you are ovulating. If a woman has an unwanted pregnancy as a result of consensual sex it is her own fault.
wallyuwl

Postby mike » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:22 am

wallyuwl wrote:
mike wrote:
dirty sanchez wrote:

Birth control is fifteen dollars per month, without insurance. It is often available free at county health departments. Condoms are free at every county health dept i have ever heard of. Everyone has a smart phone (even if a subsidized Obamaphone) and there are free apps to track your cycle so you know when you are ovulating. If a woman has an unwanted pregnancy as a result of consensual sex it is her own fault.

not really, it depends which one you need, plus the cost of a office visit, so it's not as cheap or easy as you make it sound.

Combination birth control pills contain a combination of estrogen and progestin, while the "mini pill" contains only progestin. Both are designed to prevent pregnancy; the "mini pill" is slightly less effective but is tolerated better by some women. The pill is one of the most popular methods of birth control, but is sometimes prescribed to help stabilize irregular menstrual cycles, to lessen menstrual cramps, to decrease the risk of anemia associated with heavy periods, and for other medical reasons.

Typical costs:

For patients not covered by health insurance, birth control pills typically cost $20 to $50 a month.
For patients covered by health insurance, out-of-pocket costs typically consist of a prescription drug copay. Most insurance plans offer the lowest copays on generic medication -- usually $5 to $15 -- and higher copays of $30 to $40 for non-preferred brands.
Birth control pills, the most commonly covered contraceptive, are covered by more than 80 percent of health insurance plans, according to the Association of Reproductive Health Professionals. And in some states, it's mandatory; the Kaiser Family Foundation[1] lists 33 states that require coverage of birth control.
mike

Postby wallyuwl » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Come on yoop, dont just repost wikipedia. My wife was a health teacher for 7 years and i know people who work at county health depts. Cost of contraception is not a concern for those that seek out care intelligently. And that isnt even considering coverage from the left's obamacare.
wallyuwl

Postby BF004 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:32 pm

Simple, fix the economy, give people meaningful work and the opportunity for advancement and then actually help those in need. We can't help 80 million to an acceptable level, but get things churning, we can support 20 million who actually really seriously need help. Not even just by giving them free birth control, but helping them to get on their feet to be able to afford such products if they choose to purchase them.

Given birth control is still concerningly linked to breast cancer, I would say its potentially a good thing for the person and future gov't spending we aren't forcing products on low income people. But God forbid we ever discuss birth control out side of white men trying to control a women's body, it's become one of those protected liberal words. Even if it is causing more harm to the people than it is helping. Just as long as we don't let GOP right wingers win.
BF004

Postby texas » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:47 am

This may be a tangential issue, but birth control is very high on my list of reasons why society seems to be collapsing from within, and not for religious reasons.

Birth control (the pill) selects for less manly men, because it causes women to prefer low-T males for mating. It has been around for a generation or so, enough time for it to have altered the gene pool severely.

It's also documented to screw with a woman's hormones and cause depression and all sorts of crap mentally, which of course results in more anti-anxiety and mind-altering pills being prescribed.

Bad news.
Suck it Bears.
texas

PreviousNext

Return to The Podium - PG13