Obamacare

This forum is for discussion of political topics, and other serious non-football related debates. Please start these topics here, or they will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Obamacare

Postby wallyuwl » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:02 pm

Mackie2001 wrote:Everyone just has to remember who's responsible for this. It's the dem's. Remember Pelosi saying that you have to vote it in before you can find out what's in it. The good people of America have been suckered punched.


I disagree. I think those that voted for Obama and the Dems for their Senators got exactly what they should have expected had they been paying attention to the direction that party has gone over the past fifteen years. Instead they vote based on who promises to give them "free" money. I do not feel sorry for anyone that is suffering from Obamacare who voted for him (even in 2008) or a Dem. Senator who was one of the ones who voted for Obamacare.
User avatar
wallyuwl
 
Posts: 11918
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: Obamacare

Postby Mackie2001 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:38 pm

wallyuwl wrote:
Mackie2001 wrote:Everyone just has to remember who's responsible for this. It's the dem's. Remember Pelosi saying that you have to vote it in before you can find out what's in it. The good people of America have been suckered punched.


I disagree. I think those that voted for Obama and the Dems for their Senators got exactly what they should have expected had they been paying attention to the direction that party has gone over the past fifteen years. Instead they vote based on who promises to give them "free" money. I do not feel sorry for anyone that is suffering from Obamacare who voted for him (even in 2008) or a Dem. Senator who was one of the ones who voted for Obamacare.


I really don't disagree with any of that but as a great Republican president once said, "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."



Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Give them a toothy smile and a joke and Americans become all day suckers.
Your actions determine your circumstances. Vote!
User avatar
Mackie2001
 
Posts: 7409
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:39 pm

Re: Obamacare

Postby yoop » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:10 pm

wallyuwl wrote:
Mackie2001 wrote:Everyone just has to remember who's responsible for this. It's the dem's. Remember Pelosi saying that you have to vote it in before you can find out what's in it. The good people of America have been suckered punched.


I disagree. I think those that voted for Obama and the Dems for their Senators got exactly what they should have expected had they been paying attention to the direction that party has gone over the past fifteen years. Instead they vote based on who promises to give them "free" money. I do not feel sorry for anyone that is suffering from Obamacare who voted for him (even in 2008) or a Dem. Senator who was one of the ones who voted for Obamacare.


Can you blame them, free money is what everyone wants, I wouldn't just say that applys to just Dems or people that voted pro Obama versus Romney or another GOP candidate.

1/3 of the nation without meaningful employment, the same without healthcare, another 3rd close to it, and a 1/3 that could care less about any of that since they believe there self sufficient, easy to see how the majority voted for Obama, I guess it's hard to understand this stuff when your meal ticket is punched, but it's a whole lot easier if you fall into that bottom 2/3's.
I doubt we ever see a GOP as president again, that party wont represent the masses, the only why would be to some how stop the poor and lower middle class from voting, If they could do that then they have a shot.

this is the problem you have when you free slaves, give woman and minority's the right to vote :lol: how about we take voting rights away from anyone that doesn't show a W-2 from the previous year? then we could get a republican voted in :lol:
Image
User avatar
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net
 
Posts: 19098
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:38 pm
Location: Yooperopolis

Re: Obamacare

Postby wallyuwl » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:39 am

yoop wrote:Can you blame them, free money is what everyone wants, I wouldn't just say that applys to just Dems or people that voted pro Obama versus Romney or another GOP candidate.


No, yoop, some people find self-worth in doing meaningful work and making a difference in this world through that work. And, yes, being paid for that work. Not everyone has the union and welfare mom mentality of wanting to get something for nothing. Sadly, there is a clear majority who do want something for nothing.

“A democracy is always temporary in nature;
it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government.
A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover
that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.
From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates
who promise the most benefits from the public treasury,
with the result that every democracy will finally collapse
due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship”

- Alexander Tytler 1787
User avatar
wallyuwl
 
Posts: 11918
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: Obamacare

Postby flapackfan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:59 am

wallyuwl wrote:
yoop wrote:Can you blame them, free money is what everyone wants, I wouldn't just say that applys to just Dems or people that voted pro Obama versus Romney or another GOP candidate.


No, yoop, some people find self-worth in doing meaningful work and making a difference in this world through that work. And, yes, being paid for that work. Not everyone has the union and welfare mom mentality of wanting to get something for nothing. Sadly, there is a clear majority who do want something for nothing.

“A democracy is always temporary in nature;
it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government.
A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover
that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.
From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates
who promise the most benefits from the public treasury,
with the result that every democracy will finally collapse
due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship”

- Alexander Tytler 1787



You obviously hate poor people, which means your also a racist.
Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen prove that they are insured, but doesn't require every person to prove they are a citizen. Many who can't prove they are citizens will receive free insurance from those that are citizens.
User avatar
flapackfan
 
Posts: 3038
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:56 pm

Re: Obamacare

Postby yoop » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:12 am

wallyuwl wrote:
yoop wrote:Can you blame them, free money is what everyone wants, I wouldn't just say that applys to just Dems or people that voted pro Obama versus Romney or another GOP candidate.


No, yoop, some people find self-worth in doing meaningful work and making a difference in this world through that work. And, yes, being paid for that work. Not everyone has the union and welfare mom mentality of wanting to get something for nothing. Sadly, there is a clear majority who do want something for nothing.

“A democracy is always temporary in nature;
it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government.
A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover
that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.
From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates
who promise the most benefits from the public treasury,
with the result that every democracy will finally collapse
due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship”

- Alexander Tytler 1787


well Alexander may be right, maybe Democracy is doomed for failure, but it aint gonna happen in the for seable future.

I rarely ever came on these boards when I was working, I see you and others here all different times of the day, my motta was 8 hrs work for 8 hours pay, and I often got the short end of that stick, I didn't say I went along with free money, just that thats the circumstances we live in today, and that the GOP wont except this situation, and that is there demise.

your slam on union labor, and them expecting something for nothing is so lame, here you are on a internet forum spending unproductive time just as you claim they do, what the hell are you producing on this down time, this is what I dont get, how do you put yourself above the common worker, when you screw off just as much? do you think I'am blind and dont see the comparison, I may have been born in the evening but it wasn't last evening :lol:
Image
User avatar
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net
 
Posts: 19098
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:38 pm
Location: Yooperopolis

Re: Obamacare

Postby wallyuwl » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:29 am

yoop wrote: I didn't say I went along with free money, just that thats the circumstances we live in today, and that the GOP wont except this situation, and that is there demise.


So you're saying that they should just stop fighting for what is right and (liberals will love this word) sustainable?

your slam on union labor, and them expecting something for nothing is so lame, here you are on a internet forum spending unproductive time just as you claim they do, what the hell are you producing on this down time, this is what I dont get, how do you put yourself above the common worker, when you screw off just as much? do you think I'am blind and dont see the comparison, I may have been born in the evening but it wasn't last evening :lol:


I don't work a punch in for 8 hours and go home job. I have some down time while at work at times (like eating my lunch at my desk) and will post on here, or will take a ten or fifteen minute break a couple times a day and poke around on the internet, but also do a lot of work at home at night and on the weekends. Today I graded papers during the rest periods between sets of my workout. The flexibility in terms of schedule is one of the reasons why I chose academia as my career. For example, today I didn't "have" to be on campus all day so I took a couple hours to take my dog to the vet to get checked out for something that came up this weekend (urinary tract infection).
User avatar
wallyuwl
 
Posts: 11918
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: Obamacare

Postby yoop » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:36 am

wallyuwl wrote:
yoop wrote: I didn't say I went along with free money, just that thats the circumstances we live in today, and that the GOP wont except this situation, and that is there demise.


So you're saying that they should just stop fighting for what is right and (liberals will love this word) sustainable?

your slam on union labor, and them expecting something for nothing is so lame, here you are on a internet forum spending unproductive time just as you claim they do, what the hell are you producing on this down time, this is what I dont get, how do you put yourself above the common worker, when you screw off just as much? do you think I'am blind and dont see the comparison, I may have been born in the evening but it wasn't last evening :lol:


I don't work a punch in for 8 hours and go home job. I have some down time while at work at times (like eating my lunch at my desk) and will post on here, or will take a ten or fifteen minute break a couple times a day and poke around on the internet, but also do a lot of work at home at night and on the weekends. Today I graded papers during the rest periods between sets of my workout. The flexibility in terms of schedule is one of the reasons why I chose academia as my career. For example, today I didn't "have" to be on campus all day so I took a couple hours to take my dog to the vet to get checked out for something that came up this weekend (urinary tract infection).


my point Wally was not to bring you down so much as it was to show a comparison, and that everyone works hard, and everyone screws the pooch at times to, believe me I have seen plenty of goof offs in both professions, both in my trade and yours.

actually my point about free money is that both sides of the street take it, not just in the welfare rolls but also in big biz, just look how the american tax dollars have bank rolled big oil, cripes we fight wars to protect there investments.
Image
User avatar
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net
 
Posts: 19098
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:38 pm
Location: Yooperopolis

Re: Obamacare

Postby Mackie2001 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:15 pm

yoop wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:
Mackie2001 wrote:Everyone just has to remember who's responsible for this. It's the dem's. Remember Pelosi saying that you have to vote it in before you can find out what's in it. The good people of America have been suckered punched.


I disagree. I think those that voted for Obama and the Dems for their Senators got exactly what they should have expected had they been paying attention to the direction that party has gone over the past fifteen years. Instead they vote based on who promises to give them "free" money. I do not feel sorry for anyone that is suffering from Obamacare who voted for him (even in 2008) or a Dem. Senator who was one of the ones who voted for Obamacare.


Can you blame them, free money is what everyone wants, I wouldn't just say that applys to just Dems or people that voted pro Obama versus Romney or another GOP candidate.

1/3 of the nation without meaningful employment, the same without healthcare, another 3rd close to it, and a 1/3 that could care less about any of that since they believe there self sufficient, easy to see how the majority voted for Obama, I guess it's hard to understand this stuff when your meal ticket is punched, but it's a whole lot easier if you fall into that bottom 2/3's.
I doubt we ever see a GOP as president again, that party wont represent the masses, the only why would be to some how stop the poor and lower middle class from voting, If they could do that then they have a shot.

this is the problem you have when you free slaves, give woman and minority's the right to vote :lol: how about we take voting rights away from anyone that doesn't show a W-2 from the previous year? then we could get a republican voted in :lol:


You're right yoop. It really has come down to those that are on the government dole, and whether those of which would vote for someone, anyone, who wants reform. Obama will declare that everyone who is unemployed and craps on the sidewalk is an artist and doesn't need a conventional job and will get government assistance.
Your actions determine your circumstances. Vote!
User avatar
Mackie2001
 
Posts: 7409
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:39 pm

Re: Obamacare

Postby kampmanfan4life » Wed May 14, 2014 1:39 am

I only know the bare basics but the fact is most developed countries do not have health care problems that we do. It is both Republicans and Democrats fault that we can't take the rest of the worlds lead and get a solution the the problem. So much politics from all involved.

Here's a Map of the Countries That Provide Universal Health Care from 2013.

Image

https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/ ... -obamacare
"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling."-Vince Lombardi
User avatar
kampmanfan4life
 
Posts: 4040
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:07 am
Location: Green Bay/Whitewater

Re: Obamacare

Postby raptorman » Wed May 14, 2014 3:34 am

The problem with the "Free" money idea is that the Government does not "make" money. It has to come from someone. And when it becomes so easy to get, people will take the easy way out. Oh, your $700 month per child? Want a raise? Have another child. NO job in this country will give you more money because you had a kid. To continue to raise the amount of money people get on welfare for each kid is asinine. You want another kid? Use the money we are already giving you. That's what my parents had to do. Use the money they were making. Nobody gave my dad a raise because he had another kid.

Eventually, the free money will run. Then what do you do?
Since 1994, the QB sacked by Vikings more than any other QB in the league. Aaron Rodgers.
User avatar
raptorman
 
Posts: 6140
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: Sunny east coast of FL.

Re: Obamacare

Postby wallyuwl » Wed May 14, 2014 3:51 am

raptorman wrote:
Eventually, the free money will run. Then what do you do?


We'll find out soon. We aren't far away from the "free" money running out. $1 billion plus deficits again are just around the corner.
User avatar
wallyuwl
 
Posts: 11918
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: Obamacare

Postby flapackfan » Wed May 14, 2014 3:53 pm

What are talking about Jeff? There is nothing to see here(cough, cough)!





Attorney General Eric Holder said Tuesday that the Department of Justice doesn't have any plans to investigate allegations that veterans placed on secret waiting lists at VA hospitals died while waiting for care.
Eric Holder official portrait

"Well, obviously these reports if they're true are unacceptable, and the allegations are being taken very seriously by the administration. But I don't have any announcements at this time with regard to anything that the Justice Department is doing," Holder told reporters at a press conference.

"This is something on our radar screen at this point, but there is an investigation being done by the [VA] inspector general, and we'll see what happens as a result of that inquiry and other information that comes to light in some form or fashion," Holder added.
Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen prove that they are insured, but doesn't require every person to prove they are a citizen. Many who can't prove they are citizens will receive free insurance from those that are citizens.
User avatar
flapackfan
 
Posts: 3038
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:56 pm

Re: Obamacare

Postby Willink » Thu May 15, 2014 4:22 pm

kampmanfan4life wrote:I only know the bare basics but the fact is most developed countries do not have health care problems that we do. It is both Republicans and Democrats fault that we can't take the rest of the worlds lead and get a solution the the problem. So much politics from all involved.

Here's a Map of the Countries That Provide Universal Health Care from 2013.

Image

https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/ ... -obamacare


Virtually all those green countries have prolonged debt issues, and quality of care in the US blows a whole bunch of those away (Saudi, Russia, etc). They definitely do "have" healthcare problems:

http://www.gponline.com/major-shift-pre ... le/1294231

http://www.economist.com/node/21528660
User avatar
Willink
 
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:03 am
Location: Rochester, New York

Re: Obamacare

Postby yoop » Thu May 15, 2014 8:51 pm

I have to agree with you guys, at least when it comes to getting someone to do some basic yard work, limbing some tree's, shrubs, cutting grass, young guys want no part of that for less than 20 bucks a hour, I been looking for a young guy,someone out of a job, for a month, to give me a hand with some of that basic stuff, no luck, same with a few other guys I know, your right, lots of lazy people without work, who wont take a low paying job, I'll limp along and do it myself before I pay that rate in cash to someone already on rocking chair money I also provide, I have about 30 hrs. of work X lets say 12.00 an hr= 360.00, that and unemployment is a damn good weekly wage, but these younger guys today, would rather just take the lounge money we provide, useless boob suckers :twisted:

well thats my rant for your side :lol: a Friend of my nephews in his late 40's, unemployed said he will be happy to work for that amount, and he'll be here next week, so that restores my confidence in the working man :lol: But I have to agree, seems like theres less and less of those these days.

In my little world up here, I've never noticed it as much, since jobs dried up, and this area is always hit hard during a recession, it's still going on, and jobs have increased, they just dont pay 20 bucks a hour
Image
User avatar
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net
 
Posts: 19098
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:38 pm
Location: Yooperopolis

PreviousNext

Return to The Podium - PG13

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron