Obamacare

This forum is for discussion of political topics, and other serious non-football related debates. Please start these topics here, or they will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Obamacare

Postby APB » Sat May 17, 2014 1:45 am

JustJeff wrote:You need to look no further than the Veterans Administration scandal to see how the government runs healthcare.

My exact thoughts as I follow this story. As far as they (the govt health care providers) are concerned, the template has been laid; just have to be be smarter about hiding it.

Oh, and what the VA did/is doing is despicable.

The VA requires its hospitals to provide care to patients in a timely manner, typically within 14 to 30 days, said Dr. Sam Foote, who just retired after spending 24 years with the VA system in Phoenix.

According to Foote, the elaborate scheme in Phoenix involved shredding evidence to hide the long list of veterans waiting for appointments and care. Officials at the VA, Foote says, instructed their staff to not actually make doctor's appointments for veterans within the computer system.

Instead, Foote says, when a veteran comes in seeking an appointment, "they enter information into the computer and do a screen capture hard copy printout. They then do not save what was put into the computer so there's no record that you were ever here," he said.

According to Foote, the information was gathered on the secret electronic list and then the information that would show when veterans first began waiting for an appointment was actually destroyed.

"That hard copy, if you will, that has the patient demographic information is then taken and placed onto a secret electronic waiting list, and then the data that is on that paper is shredded," Foote said.

"So the only record that you have ever been there requesting care was on that secret list," he said. "And they wouldn't take you off that secret list until you had an appointment time that was less than 14 days so it would give the appearance that they were improving greatly the waiting times, when in fact they were not."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/23/health/veterans-dying-health-care-delays/index.html

But it's OK, the VA is taking a firm stand on this "failure of leadership" by forcing VA Undersecretary Robert Petzel to resign. The same VA Undersecretary who announced his retirement last September, effective in 2014, and has already had his successor nominated by Pres. Obama.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-va-resignation-20140516-story.html

Now that's real action to restore confidence.

It's a pattern that's become all too old. And yet, the American public (for the most part) continues to swallow the talking points and deflection offered by this administration at every turn.

Amazing.
APB

Postby wallyuwl » Sat May 17, 2014 2:36 am

APB wrote:It's a pattern that's become all too old. And yet, the American public (for the most part) continues to swallow the talking points and deflection offered by this administration at every turn.

Amazing.

What do you mean by "this administration?" Clearly you're just saying these things because you're racist.
wallyuwl

Postby BF004 » Thu May 22, 2014 3:15 pm

http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/21/democ ... e-racists/

If you are part of the large contingent of the American population that opposes Obamacare, one Democratic senator says it’s probably because you’re a racist.

“I think it is very important to take a long view at what’s going on here,” retiring West Virginia Sen. Jay Rockefeller, the chair of the of the Senate Commerce, Science & Transportation Committee, said at a Wednesday committee hearing on Obamacare. “I’ll be able to dig up some emails that make part of the Affordable Care Act that doesn’t look good — especially from people who made up their mind that they don’t want it to work because they don’t like the president. Maybe he’s of the wrong color, something of that sort. I’ve seen a lot of that and I know a lot of that to be true. It’s not something you’re meant to talk about in public but it’s something I’m talking about in public because that is very true.

What a piece of work.
BF004

Postby APB » Thu May 22, 2014 9:48 pm

BF004 wrote:What a piece of work.

I was thinking something a little more...colorful.

:wink:
APB

Postby yoop » Thu May 22, 2014 10:32 pm

wallyuwl wrote:
APB wrote:It's a pattern that's become all too old. And yet, the American public (for the most part) continues to swallow the talking points and deflection offered by this administration at every turn.

Amazing.

What do you mean by "this administration?" Clearly you're just saying these things because you're racist.

I told you your side was racists, now a insider is also saying it :lol:
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby raptorman » Sun May 25, 2014 11:17 pm

yoop wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

Amazing.

If I did hate him and his policies because of his color, I would only be half racist, because he is half white. I don't like him and his policies because his policies suck. Period. His skin color has nothing to do with it. The only people who are complaining about it happen to be liberals saying if you don't like him it's because he is black. Wonder why that it is?
If a 7 course meal includes a Brat and a 6 pack, you might be from Wisconsin.
raptorman

Postby yoop » Mon May 26, 2014 6:20 am

raptorman wrote:
yoop wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

Amazing.

If I did hate him and his policies because of his color, I would only be half racist, because he is half white. I don't like him and his policies because his policies suck. Period. His skin color has nothing to do with it. The only people who are complaining about it happen to be liberals saying if you don't like him it's because he is black. Wonder why that it is?

what, the policy to try and curb the sky rocketing cost of our insurance premiums, or is it the policy to get Isreal to recognize the Palistanians, or his policy to inrich the lives of the poor in this country?

we needed to elect a black president to see what little progress we've made concerning race relations in this country, Black people do well in politics as long as they do exactly what Whity wants them to, in fact there wouldn't be a black president today if ya took away the minority vote.

Obama represents the less fortunate, and the fortunate hate him for it, go figure, a president that represents the people, the masses, and the rich minority hate him, nothing really changes, the program just has new actors printed on it.
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby BF004 » Mon May 26, 2014 3:48 pm

Is that sarcasm yoop? Really hope for your sake you don't walk around all day with those being your actual thoughts in your head.
BF004

Postby yoop » Mon May 26, 2014 5:01 pm

BF004 wrote:Is that sarcasm yoop? Really hope for your sake you don't walk around all day with those being your actual thoughts in your head.

partially sarcasm, I just see a load of hypocrisy running rampent when it comes to racial discrimination in this country, most people try and sound politically correct, they talk the talk, but dont back up the talk, OB being elected President has brought that out even further imho.

I remember slaming t5he Indians here over the deal with Washigton over there redskin logo, a few got on me for being racist towards Indians, when actually I'am about a 1/8 Indian nationality, I take no prisoners when it comes to ethnic back ground, if one is acting foolish I point that out, and the Indians are, it's popular these days to cry from the roof tops about any and all disgressions, yet look at the stuff said about Obama, forget the political stuff for a moment, as soon as he was elected his citizenship was questioned, he was called a traitor and a Muslim, and there have been under tones of racial discrimination against him from the GOP since then, imho Obama never got a fair shake as president, so much for black equality.
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby Willink » Mon May 26, 2014 5:37 pm

yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:Is that sarcasm yoop? Really hope for your sake you don't walk around all day with those being your actual thoughts in your head.

partially sarcasm, I just see a load of hypocrisy running rampent when it comes to racial discrimination in this country, most people try and sound politically correct, they talk the talk, but dont back up the talk, OB being elected President has brought that out even further imho.

It's cultural marxism. You're taught from a young age to think about questions in a certain way, especially post 1970s.

As someone who has lived both in the suburbs and the ghetto, and am in close contact with myriad of other cultural/racial groups (especially the Pakistani community in Albany who I do some volunteer stuff with), there exists this bizarre dichotomy whereby even thinking about "white" identity (whatever that may be) necessarily is considered racist, whereas less empowered groups are given carte blanche to ignore these contentions to their hearts content. I think the issues between races in the US have very little to do with actual "racial content" and everything to do with culture clash between different groups. Same thing is going on over in the UKIP thread i posted; average British voters are literally being called racist by major parties for thinking that the British national identity is being diminished.

Of course, even thinking about this topic is too politically incorrect for the more "tolerant" in society. Diversity is supposed to occur organically owing to the different traits, characteristics and beliefs of actors in society persuing their own ends, not enforced or handed down to us by legislatures or the media, that X is "not diverse enough" as if the community is committing a crime against itself for failing to live up to lofty egalitarian standards.

Even the word "racism" itself has been hijacked by cultural marxists to refer to exploitative power structures instead of the plain definition.
Willink

Postby Papa John » Tue May 27, 2014 1:34 am

yoop wrote:
raptorman wrote:
yoop wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

Amazing.

what, the policy to try and curb the sky rocketing cost of our insurance premiums, or is it the policy to get Isreal to recognize the Palistanians, or his policy to inrich the lives of the poor in this country?

we needed to elect a black president to see what little progress we've made concerning race relations in this country, Black people do well in politics as long as they do exactly what Whity wants them to, in fact there wouldn't be a black president today if ya took away the minority vote.

Obama represents the less fortunate, and the fortunate hate him for it, go figure, a president that represents the people, the masses, and the rich minority hate him, nothing really changes, the program just has new actors printed on it.

Democrats desperately want to hold on to this idea that conservative America's disapproval of Obama is rooted in some underlying contempt based on his ethnicity- an absurd notion.

Criticism from conservatives is based on what they perceive as being a flawed ideology. To a conservative, "representing the less fortunate" means creating an environment that would enable and encourage the dependent to become independent, as opposed to the liberal ideal of "helping" the less fortunate by expanding an already over-expanded government's role and thus, discouraging any kind of independence.

Basically, the political left's main selling point is that they intend represent the poor. The catch-22 is that they do this via government assistance, fully aware of the fact that when a person is living hand-to-mouth, someone owns him. Ultimately, any liberal politician would prefer to govern a society of people who live dependently and vote for a living as opposed to one that takes pride in self-reliance. It's no coincidence that the higher the unemployment rate gets, the more successful the Democrats become- the success of the Democratic Party is dependent upon the expansion of the government's influence.

As for the allegations of Republican racism, I can tell you that I am a resident of Orange County, California- one of the only conservative jurisdictions in the entire state. This area is also predominantly white. While most of the people that live around me do not particularly like the president, there is a growing support in our community for Ben Carson to run for President in 2016. The left's flippant allegations of racism are wearing thin, and mainstream America is growing more acute.
Papa John

Postby raptorman » Wed May 28, 2014 2:53 am

yoop wrote:what, the policy to try and curb the sky rocketing cost of our insurance premiums, or is it the policy to get Isreal to recognize the Palistanians, or his policy to inrich the lives of the poor in this country?

Well let me answer you Yoop. First, his policy to curb skyrocketing insurance premiums. His "policy" on the issue is Obamacare, or to be politically correct, the Affordable Care Act. Have you ever read this act Yoop? Seriously, dig into some of the 2,500 plus pages. And while in there do a word search for the word "tax" and then do one for insurance. Let me know which comes up more often. Let me save you some time. Its' the word Tax. Nowhere in this act is there one piece of legislation that does anything to lower the cost of healthcare in the US. Period. It is by and far one of the largest "tax" acts ever passed by congress. Forcing people to "buy" "healthcare" insurance is not the answer. Forcing insurance companies to insure everyone is not the answer. Currently there is no mechanism in place to go after people who don't buy healthcare coverage, except to take it out of their tax returns. When the amount of money owed to the Federal Government gets up over 50 billion dollars, and it will, they will change that. BTW, tell me this. Since when does the President have the power to change the start date of laws that have been passed by congress and signed into law. Mr. O has done it several time now with the ACA. He just signs his name and changes the start date on the law. I can't think of any President that has ever done this before.

Enriching the poor. Tell us, please, exactly what is his policy on this. Because I don't see one. He as certainly enriched some of the people that helped him get elected. ie: the Unions in Detroit. They are now part owners of the companies they work for. Never mind that they by-passed the Bankruptcy court laws to do it. The only thing I can see is a "redistribution" of wealth. Take from he rich and give to the poor. It a death spiral for the economy.

Israel - Palestine. Ok, why is this our problem?

I don't dislike the man because of his color, I dislike him because his polices suck.
raptorman

Postby Mackie2001 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:18 pm

yoop wrote:

I remember slaming t5he Indians here over the deal with Washigton over there redskin logo, a few got on me for being racist towards Indians, when actually I'am about a 1/8 Indian nationality, I take no prisoners when it comes to ethnic back ground, if one is acting foolish I point that out, and the Indians are, it's popular these days to cry from the roof tops about any and all disgressions, yet look at the stuff said about Obama, forget the political stuff for a moment, as soon as he was elected his citizenship was questioned, he was called a traitor and a Muslim, and there have been under tones of racial discrimination against him from the GOP since then, imho Obama never got a fair shake as president, so much for black equality.

Yoop, B.O.'s nationality and citizenship was in questions of his religious beliefs were in question before he "won" the election.
Dem's are the racists. Read your history. They continue to use race whenever someone disagrees with the idiot. It's also racist for someone to call whitey racist because he disagrees with the burning down of America. Remember that he doesn't recognize superior American exceptionalism. Who lead the world in every category? America. But, those days are over because of the dumbing down of America and as George Carlin called it, the pussification of the the American male.
Your actions determine your circumstances. Vote!
Mackie2001

Postby raptorman » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:39 am

yoop wrote:what, the policy to try and curb the sky rocketing cost of our insurance premiums, or is it the policy to get Isreal to recognize the Palistanians, or his policy to inrich the lives of the poor in this country?

Well I guess we now know his policy on Israel and Palestinians.

have to say I do not understand this American announcement," said Intelligence Minister Yuval Steinitz, accusing Washington of saying one thing behind closed doors and another in public.

"You cannot present it as a Hamas government internally, then present it publically as a government of technocrats," he told army radio.

"If these (ministers) are people who identify with Hamas, Hamas identifies with them and appointed them, then they are representatives of Hamas. This is a Hamas government, and Hamas is a terror organisation," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/israel-decries-us ... 18880.html
raptorman

Postby flapackfan » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:51 pm

Fresh from The Hill;

Congressional budget scorekeepers said they can no longer measure the fiscal impact of many provisions of ObamaCare because the task is impossible.

In a little-noticed footnote from April, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) said it will continue to assess the effects of the law's exchange subsidies and the Medicaid expansion, while not tracking others.

"The provisions that expand insurance coverage established entirely new programs or components of programs that can be isolated and reassessed," the office wrote.

"In contrast, other provisions of the Affordable Care Act significantly modified existing federal programs and made changes to the Internal Revenue Code.

"Isolating the incremental effects of those provisions on previously existing programs and revenues four years after enactment of the Affordable Care Act is not possible."

The note came in the CBO's analysis of ObamaCare's insurance coverage provisions in April and was first reported Wednesday by Roll Call.

It means that measuring the healthcare law's effect on the budget deficit will be much more difficult, if not impossible. The CBO is normally the best source of information on bills' projected fiscal effects.

Democrats designed the Affordable Care Act to reduce the deficit despite its massive expansion of healthcare coverage by producing savings over time in programs like Medicare.

The law also includes a variety of taxes and fees to raise revenue, some of which the CBO suggested it could no longer analyze.

The CBO produced a full budgetary analysis of the law for the last time in 2012, concluding that repealing the Affordable Care Act would increase the deficit by $109 billion over 10 years.

This outcome relies on the full implementation and maintenance of policies like the employer mandate, which Republicans and business groups have fought to repeal.

Experts raised concerns that without a full CBO score, it will be easier for provisions that finance the Affordable Care Act to disappear, which could increase the deficit.

"There’s no barrier to continually rolling back the financing mechanisms without the effect on the Affordable Care Act's finances ever being fully disclosed," Charles Blahous, a public trustee for Social Security and Medicare, told Roll Call.

Read more: http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/20 ... z33mvkpvhZ
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook
Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen prove that they are insured, but doesn't require every person to prove they are a citizen. Many who can't prove they are citizens will receive free insurance from those that are citizens.
flapackfan

PreviousNext

Return to The Podium - PG13