Tennis 2015

This forum is for discussion of political topics, and other serious non-football related debates. Please start these topics here, or they will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Tennis 2015

Postby Beagle » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:34 pm

Roger looks poised to win the Open this year.

This is the weekend I normally would spend at the US Open. Had the Holiday Package and would basically camp there for 3.5 days. I miss it a lot as there was just something about seeing the matches in person. So much better than on TV, even if you had "cheap seats" up in the rafters.
“….I firmly believe that any man’s finest hours – his greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear – is that moment when he has worked his heart out in good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.”
Beagle

Postby RodgePodge » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:04 pm

I am crushed beyond belief.

4/23 on BP.
1/11 on second serve BP.

:kaboom:
Make the Packers Great Again!
RodgePodge

Postby dsr » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:48 am

But good news about Great Britain, or should I say Dunblane, reaching the Davis Cup Final. :banana :banana :banana
dsr

Postby Beagle » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:08 pm

I love Davis Cup, but I hate the format. I wish they would end the tennis season after the US Open, then jump into a Davis Cup tournament, early October, at a selected site and run it for 2 weeks or more, much like a tournament. IMO, it would a great way to end the season and a huge draw for fans and all (or most) of the players from each country would participate.

Then give the players the rest of the time off and start the season 2 weeks before Australia.
“….I firmly believe that any man’s finest hours – his greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear – is that moment when he has worked his heart out in good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.”
Beagle

Postby RodgePodge » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:34 am

Bump for new year. I'm working on my backhand. Injuries have really screwed me up. I'm happier than ever with my racquet choice but suffering more injuries than ever. Funny, I guess. Injuries are a result of my form though.
Make the Packers Great Again!
RodgePodge

Postby Beagle » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:56 pm

RodgePodge wrote:Bump for new year. I'm working on my backhand. Injuries have really screwed me up. I'm happier than ever with my racquet choice but suffering more injuries than ever. Funny, I guess. Injuries are a result of my form though.

Me too. Tore my Meniscus again (along with a deep knee bruise) about a month ago making this the 3rd injury to my left knee. Too bad because things were really starting to come together. Did the Tennis Championships in Houston and took 3rd overall (team event, played doubles) and was playing #1 singles on two different teams. I was really happy with my groundies and conditioning.

I have a feeling my days of singles matches are over though. I have a tendency to play every point like it's a championship final and the game is on the line. I'll have to tone it down from here on out and play more doubles matches.

As far as the circuit goes, I think Djok retains the #1 ranking all year without too many challenging his reign. I don't watch the women much, too much screeching ruin the viewing experience. I hope Kerber or Bouchard (even Halep) make a breakthrough though.
Beagle

Postby dirty sanchez » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:17 am

RodgePodge wrote:Bump for new year. I'm working on my backhand. Injuries have really screwed me up. I'm happier than ever with my racquet choice but suffering more injuries than ever. Funny, I guess. Injuries are a result of my form though.
Anna Kournakova might have some drugs that can help with that.
dirty sanchez

Previous

Return to The Podium - PG13