This forum is for discussion of political topics, and other serious non-football related debates. Please start these topics here, or they will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: 2016

Postby texas » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:52 am

RodgePodge wrote:But in Austin, from the young people, they were so convinced that she was going to win...and they were crushed :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: They need to remember they are a part of Texas. Their $#!! they pulled during her filibuster might have worked in a blue state, but that doesn't fly here. Rick Perry simply called another session. Dumbasses.
Suck it Bears.
Roger Goodell Phone: 212-450-2027
texas

Postby RodgePodge » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:59 am

texas wrote:
RodgePodge wrote:But in Austin, from the young people, they were so convinced that she was going to win...and they were crushed :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: They need to remember they are a part of Texas. Their $#!! they pulled during her filibuster might have worked in a blue state, but that doesn't fly here. Rick Perry simply called another session. Dumbasses.

b-b-but she's a modern-day martyr!
Make the Packers Great Again!
RodgePodge

Postby Acrobat » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:26 pm

I just pray that Scott Walker wins it all. He's probably the smartest politician I've ever seen on TV. I love how he's cut from the education system in Wisconsin as well. I think that was a bold move, but it'll work in the end. Scott Walker himself has proved that you don't need education to be successful in life.
"I must be an Acrobat, to talk like this, and act like that."
Acrobat

Postby RodgePodge » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:33 am

Acrobat wrote:I just pray that Scott Walker wins it all. He's probably the smartest politician I've ever seen on TV. I love how he's cut from the education system in Wisconsin as well. I think that was a bold move, but it'll work in the end. Scott Walker himself has proved that you don't need education to be successful in life.

No matter what happens from here on out, what Scott accomplished in Wisconsin is incredible and he is a legend.
Make the Packers Great Again!
RodgePodge

Postby Willink » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:51 pm

http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2015/02/20 ... -of-state/

If you can’t beat em, mock em. That’s essentially my motto going into the imperial spectacle known as the 2016 American Presidential election. With another Bush and another Clinton likely on the ballot, there’s basically only one candidate running, and I plan on proving this in no uncertain terms over the next couple of years.

Recently, I started a series known as “Jeb Bush Exposed” (read part 1 and part 2), so it’s only fair that I create a similar category for Hillary. Going forward, I plan on naming all future exposes on these two cronies in that manner, so all the stories are easily accessible as we head into next year’s charade.

Hillary Clinton’s biggest weakness is that she doesn’t actually stand for anything other than money and power. Glenn Greenwald pointed this out perfectly in last year’s post: Glenn Greenwald on Hillary Clinton: “Soulless, Principle-Free, Power Hungry…”

Jeb Bush:
http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2015/02/18 ... -iraq-war/
http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2015/02/19 ... important/

Does Jeb Bush truly not understand that some people—indeed, quite a lot of people—might find a vast, secret, program to spy on millions of citizens to be a little bit creepy? That many in the public might understandably find this to be a potential government overreach, or an abuse of federal power?

Perhaps he really doesn’t. If so, that should disqualify him from the GOP’s presidential nomination before his run even officially starts.
Willink

Postby GreenDay » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:44 am

"The list of advisers provided to Reuters by a campaign aid includes Paul Wolfowitz and Stephen Hadley, as well as former George W. Bush Homeland Security Secretaries Tom Ridge and Michael Chertoff, and Bush adviser Meghan O’Sullivan."

Jeebus Krist, what a collection of cronies. If only these hacks were unknown unknowns.
YoHoChecko wrote: Anyone who can't understand this doesn't deserve the platform that literacy has granted them.
GreenDay

Postby BF004 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:14 pm

Obama is in La Crosse today.

Made the mistake of trying run errands at lunch, roads are backed up in every direction like crazy.
BF004

Postby get louder at lambeau » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:36 pm

GreenDay wrote:"The list of advisers provided to Reuters by a campaign aid includes Paul Wolfowitz and Stephen Hadley, as well as former George W. Bush Homeland Security Secretaries Tom Ridge and Michael Chertoff, and Bush adviser Meghan O’Sullivan."

Jeebus Krist, what a collection of cronies. If only these hacks were unknown unknowns.

Wow, yuck. If this election comes down to Jeb W. Bush vs. Darth Vader, I might have to do my patriotic duty thing and vote for Vader. Twice.
get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Postby Willink » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:53 pm

BF004 wrote:Obama is in La Crosse today.

Made the mistake of trying run errands at lunch, roads are backed up in every direction like crazy.

America is better off when President Obama is out on the stump bloviating and boasting rather than in Washington actively doing harm. But the whoppers he just told the students at the University of Wisconsin are beyond the pale. Said our spinmeister-in-chief:

And the unemployment rate is now down to 5.3 percent. (Applause.) Keep in mind, when I came into office it was hovering around 10 percent. All told, we’ve now seen 64 straight months of private sector job growth, which is a new record — (applause) — new record — 12.8 million new jobs all told.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are now 29 quarters from the pre-crisis peak and total non-farm labor hours utilized by the US economy are no higher than they were in Q4 2007. In other words, if you use a common unit of measure—–labor hours rather than job slots which treat coal-miners and part-time pizza delivery boys alike—–there have been no new units of employment at all. Our teleprompter reading President is actually tooting his own horn about recycled hours and “born again” jobs and doesn’t even know it.

And, no, he can’t take credit for digging us out of the hole created by the Great Recession, either. The long, slow climb back to square one shown in the chart above was due to the natural resilience of our capitalist economy—notwithstanding the tax, regulatory and massive debt hurdles that Washington policies have thrown at it.

The truth of the matter is that America’s employment machine has been failing for this entire century. As shown below, the number of non-farm labor hours utilized during the most recent quarter was only 1% higher than in the spring of 2000—-way back when Bill Clinton still had his hands on things in the Oval Office.

In short, we have gone through two business cycles and have essentially added zero new employment inputs to the US economy. And that marks a sharp and devastating reversal of previous trends. In fact, the BLS’ own data convey an out-and-out crisis that the President should have been lamenting, not a cherry-picked simulacrum of growth based on born-again, apples-and-oranges jobs slots.

Thus, during the comparable 29 quarters after the 1990 business cycle peak (Q2 1990 to Q3 1997) non-farm labor hours had increased by 12% and during the same period of time after the 1981 peak (Q3 1981 to Q4 1988) labor hours expanded by 17 percent. That’s what employment growth used to look like, and absolutely nothing like that has happened on Obama’s watch.

(Obama again lol):
And after a decade of decline, thanks to some of the steps we took…….we’ve added nearly 900,000 new manufacturing jobs. Manufacturing is actually growing faster than the rest of the economy. (Applause.)

That one is not even a whopper; its a bald-faced lie. There has not been one “new” manufacturing job created during Obama’s term in office; and, in fact, the 12.3 million manufacturing jobs reported for June was still 10% below the level of December 2007, and nearly 30% lower than the 17.3 million manufacturing jobs reported in January 2000.

So the actual facts are not evidence of a trend reversal; they’re an exercise in political hogwash.
Willink

Postby APB » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:17 pm

Statements like the ones Obama made in WI don't surprise me a bit. With a majority of the public so detached and willing to swallow whatever "fact" is presented to them by the president, news media, or whatever other "fast-food" news source you can think of, it's no surprise to see completely made-up statements to support whatever agenda item is being pushed.

Thankfully Hillary is coming along to right the ship... :lol:
APB

Postby raptorman » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:35 am

APB wrote:Statements like the ones Obama made in WI don't surprise me a bit. With a majority of the public so detached and willing to swallow whatever "fact" is presented to them by the president, news media, or whatever other "fast-food" news source you can think of, it's no surprise to see completely made-up statements to support whatever agenda item is being pushed.

People don't want the truth. They want Sunshine and Rainbows coming out of Unicorns #$%!. Trump speaks the truth and is vilified for it. Funny thing is, the people vilifying him are the same ones he took his information from. So, we can publish the info, we just don't want you bringing it to the forefront. Way to go Univision.

And Bernie. Nice guy. But he will never be the Democrats ticket holder. After all, can you imagine the Democrats letting a non Democrat on their presidential ticket? Seriously? That would mean that the Democrats don't have a viable candidate from their own party. Can you imagine how the Republicans would pound that home during the race?
Since 1994, the QB sacked by Vikings more than any other QB in the league. Aaron Rodgers.
raptorman

Postby yoop » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:24 pm

APB wrote:Statements like the ones Obama made in WI don't surprise me a bit. With a majority of the public so detached and willing to swallow whatever "fact" is presented to them by the president, news media, or whatever other "fast-food" news source you can think of, it's no surprise to see completely made-up statements to support whatever agenda item is being pushed.

heres a big agenda item, Scott Walker wants to keep his dealings with the Koch Bros secret, and all his other under the table corruption secret as well, if ya want transperency in Gov. Scott Walker is not your man

http://news.yahoo.com/backlash-over-wis ... 37071.html

The open records flap emerged just 10 days before Walker is expected to formally announce on July 13 his candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination. Walker had hoped to wrap up dealings with the Wisconsin Legislature by now to turn his attention to the 2016 race but the session has dragged on without a budget approved for the new fiscal year.

Among the issues that have dogged Walker recently is the performance of a job creation agency he championed. The Wisconsin State Journal used the open records law that Republicans are now trying to tighten to report in May that the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation made a loan to one of Walker's top donors. The report led other media organizations, including The Associated Press, to look into the matter and the agency has faced scrutiny from the Legislature.
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby get louder at lambeau » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:35 pm

texas wrote:Paul I also like very much. Whereas Cruz is solid vanilla and has no negatives, Paul has a lot of wacky positives. I think right now he is my #1 choice and I may see if I can finagle a way onto his campaign team. I do wonder how much of him is genuine vs how much is polished for political purposes.

Rand's dad is one of the great statesmen of our time. I think Rand is trying to blend in and pick his battles, instead of taking on the whole mess, since his dad got screwed hard by the establishment media. I can't imagine that Ron Paul's son wasn't swayed by his dad's message.
get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Postby GeMatt » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:14 am

Hillary & Jim Webb appear to be the most experienced and knowledgable candidates. I am a political junky who watches and reads just about everything political even in non election years, and I can't really say anything positive about what I see so far on the Republican side.

Jeb appears to be the most reasonable and responsible candidate on that side. The rest seem to be a bunch of crazies. Maybe something will happen to change my mind. :roll:
GeMatt

Postby dirty sanchez » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:54 am

GeMatt wrote:Hillary & Jim Webb appear to be the most experienced and knowledgable candidates. I am a political junky who watches and reads just about everything political even in non election years, and I can't really say anything positive about what I see so far on the Republican side.

Jeb appears to be the most reasonable and responsible candidate on that side. The rest seem to be a bunch of crazies. Maybe something will happen to change my mind. :roll:
Experienced at what? Lying and breaking the law? We've had too many years of that from these career politicians who have only their short term interests in mind and further the demise of this once great country. No thanks.
dirty sanchez

PreviousNext

Return to The Podium - PG13