Anthrax In The News Again

This forum is for discussion of political topics, and other serious non-football related debates. Please start these topics here, or they will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Anthrax In The News Again

Postby get louder at lambeau » Thu May 28, 2015 6:37 pm

The latest news about anthrax being mailed around inappropriately reminds me of the last time anthrax was in the news - the anthrax letter attacks that immediately followed the 9/11 attacks. As a refresher, here is what the letters looked like -

Bush tried to pin the letters on Iraqi terrorists. That effort failed when the strain was found to originate with a USG lab. They eventually blamed it on a "rogue" scientist in a U.S. Army lab who was also part of the investigation into the letters. That scientist died of what is claimed to be suicide before he could be tried.

Looking back at it, it can be said that an American Government employee was behind a terrorist attack that both the letter-writing terrorist (who turned out to be a US Government employee) AND the Bush Administration tried to blame on Iraq. This particular terrorist attack was noted by Colin Powell to the UN in trying to convince the world that we would be justified in attacking Iraq in his then-convincing WMD speech.

I think we can now say that this appears to have most likely been a false flag terrorist attack that was used to justify the invasion of Iraq.
get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Re: Anthrax In The News Again

Postby Lord Ben » Thu May 28, 2015 9:57 pm

get louder at lambeau wrote:I think we can now say that this appears to have most likely been a false flag terrorist attack that was used to justify the invasion of Iraq.

I could just as easily claim it's a government employee using the attacks to justify more government money. Probably in a union too.

Just because he may have done something doesn't make him part of some grand conspiracy.
“Quite frankly, very few people know what they’re talking about." -- Ted Thompson
Lord Ben

Location: Deep in the bowels of the Vandelay Industries server room.

Postby get louder at lambeau » Thu May 28, 2015 11:41 pm

Lord Ben wrote:
get louder at lambeau wrote:I think we can now say that this appears to have most likely been a false flag terrorist attack that was used to justify the invasion of Iraq.

I could just as easily claim it's a government employee using the attacks to justify more government money. Probably in a union too.

Just because he may have done something doesn't make him part of some grand conspiracy.

Because those in Government NEVER conspire to do anything immoral, right? Only crazy people think those valiant heroes of liberty would ever do anything wrong. You can give the Government the benefit of the doubt if you want. You can give them the benefit of the doubt for all the others in the long list of lies they told that lead us into Iraq too. With the benefit of hindsight and common sense, there was a clear pattern of deception, IMO.

This was a USG employee, pretending to be a Muslim, using a US-created biological weapon against US citizens, which was then used by the Government as key part of the rationale to attack another country. A war that was planned before 9/11, and was in need of justification. We also know the Government used a whole lot of lies and misinformation to get the war they wanted. If you want to believe that it was probably about public unions, then that's your prerogative. Possible, I guess, but that sure doesn't sound like a great theory.

I think it makes a whole lot more sense that it was another part of the now obvious misinformation campaign that lead us into Iraq, since it was actually used that way. That pic above is the Secretary of State holding up a vial of anthrax to make the case for an invasion of Iraq. He didn't use it to make a case for public unions as far as I know.

This was a series of terrorist attacks that killed 5 Americans, infecting 17 others with the deadly virus. It was set up by the actual terrorist(s) (whoever he/they may have been) to look like it came from Muslims and to look like it was linked to the 9/11 attacks. The Gov tried to blame Iraq. We now know that the anthrax strain was linked back to USG anthrax supplies from an Army lab. Even our Gov now blames a Gov employee.

The guy never made it to trial. He's dead. Conveniently, they never had to prove their case. The official version doesn't seem to give a clear motive. Just kinda wacky crazy scientist gone mad. Why did he want to make it look like it was done by Muslims? Why did he include a mention of Israel? I don't believe that they have given an answer. :dunno

Our Government used a false theory about who did this, along with a series of other lies and misinformation, to justify a war of aggression that lead to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. Sounds like a false flag to me.
get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Postby get louder at lambeau » Fri May 29, 2015 12:59 am

Here's another way that it would have been pretty damn convenient for the Bush Administration if the two senators targeted with these anthrax laced letters had been killed.

Had both attacks on the senators succeeded in killing their targets, the result would have been a Republican majority in the Senate, in the immediate future due to the loss of two Democrats, and in the long term, as the governors of the targets' states would have been likely to name Republican replacements.

Just another odd coincidence, of course. Surely this was just a lone weirdo in the Gov, only unintentionally serving the interests of those in power in multiple ways. Crazy to think otherwise, right? No one but a total nutjob could possibly see any chance of conspiracy in this, right? -

On September 17, 2008, (intended murder victim of one of the anthrax letters) Senator Patrick Leahy told FBI Director Robert Mueller during testimony before the Judiciary Committee which Leahy chairs, that he did not believe Army scientist Bruce Ivins acted alone in the 2001 anthrax attacks, stating:

"I believe there are others involved, either as accessories before or accessories after the fact. I believe that there are others out there. I believe there are others who could be charged with murder."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_anthrax_attacks
get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Postby get louder at lambeau » Fri May 29, 2015 1:48 am

Here is one of the intended victims of the anthrax laced letters, Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, saying that Dick Cheney and George W Bush both asked him not to investigate the 9/11 attacks at all.

A reporter asks Daschle to clarify Cheney's seemingly odd request, saying "And it was no investigation whatsoever. He wasn't asking to keep it closed, to keep it to intelligence. He wanted no investigation whatsoever." Daschle responds, "That's correct."

Another reporter then follows up, "And didn't the President, also.. I remember him following up with you at the breakfast, and reiterating what the Vice President called you about. So the President himself asked you." Daschle responds, "That's correct."

Pretty suspicious, to say the least.

get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Postby Lord Ben » Fri May 29, 2015 3:53 am

get louder at lambeau wrote:If you want to believe that it was probably about public unions, then that's your prerogative. Possible, I guess, but that sure doesn't sound like a great theory.

No, of course it's silly. Any theory that takes a multi-year investigation full of facts and distills it down to a quick conclusion is bound to be completely whack.

You're basically saying:
A) It was assumed to be a Muslim in the months after 9/11,
B) After we thought that we then thought it was (probably/maybe) a USG employee with a history of mental issues
Therefore:
C) it was a false flag operation to drum up support for war.
“Quite frankly, very few people know what they’re talking about." -- Ted Thompson
Lord Ben

Location: Deep in the bowels of the Vandelay Industries server room.

Postby Beagle » Fri May 29, 2015 3:56 pm

get louder at lambeau wrote:The guy never made it to trial. He's dead. Conveniently, they never had to prove their case. The official version doesn't seem to give a clear motive. Just kinda wacky crazy scientist gone mad. Why did he want to make it look like it was done by Muslims? Why did he include a mention of Israel? I don't believe that they have given an answer. :dunno

That is pretty easy and just common sense. If you want to get away with a crime, make all the evidence point to someone else.

BTW, I found this:
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Experts at the Johns Hopkins Center for Civilian Biodefense Strategies (CCBS) concluded that one of the nineteen 9/11 hijackers, Ahmed al-Haznawi, had likely been exposed to anthrax. Alhaznawi and another man arrived in the emergency room of a Fort Lauderdale, Florida, hospital presenting an ugly, dark lesion on his leg that he said he developed after bumping into a suitcase two months earlier. Christos Tsonas thought the injury was curious, cleaned it and prescribed an antibiotic. After September 11, federal investigators found the medicine prescribed by Tsonas among the possessions of Alhaznawi.[159]

Tsonas came to believe that Alhaznawi's lesion "was consistent with cutaneous anthrax," a disease that causes skin lesions. The experts at the Johns Hopkins Center for Civilian Biodefense Strategies interviewed Tsonas and prepared a memorandum that was circulated among top government officials. The memorandum said that the diagnosis of cutaneous anthrax was "the most probable and coherent interpretation of the data available" and that "such a conclusion of course raises the possibility that the hijackers were handling anthrax and were the perpetrators of the anthrax letter attacks."

Several 9/11 hijackers, including Alhaznawi, lived in Boca Raton, Florida, near American Media Inc. workplace of the first victim of the anthrax attacks. They also attended flight school there. Some of the hijackers rented apartments from a real estate agent who was the wife of an editor of The Sun, a publication of American Media. Further, a pharmacist in Delray Beach, Florida, stated he had told the F.B.I. that two of the 9/11 hijackers, Mohamed Atta and Marwan al-Shehhi, entered the pharmacy seeking medicine to treat irritations on Mr. Atta's hands.[159]

If the 9/11 hijackers were involved in the anthrax attacks they would probably have needed an accomplice to mail the tainted letters since the four recovered anthrax letters were postmarked on September 18 and October 9.[159]

159 - http://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/23/us/na ... gated.html
________________________________________________________________________________________________

I actually don't fault our politicians for investigating or jumping to conclusions as events are unfolding. They are basically guessing and using every avenue they can to find out the cause of events and who is responsible. Besides the FBI knew early on and told the officials that the consistency of the anthrax was too good and required sophisticated equipment. I am sure they (government officials) were disappointed that this was the work of a government employee.

As far as Saddam goes, he was going down. He was a thorn in the side of the US and the Middle East for far too long. Rather sooner than later.
“….I firmly believe that any man’s finest hours – his greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear – is that moment when he has worked his heart out in good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.”
Beagle

Postby dsr » Sat May 30, 2015 10:13 pm

So let's get this straight. GW Bush has no control over the judiciary, he can't organise the simplest cover-up, he can't keep anyone from giving their legal opinion, he can't suppress evidence. He's a useless conspirator.

And this useless conspirator has also organised multiple attempts at mass murder, all of which have had the most elaborate cover ups, evidence suppressed, all witnesses removed, and not a single member of these large-scale conspiracies has blabbed. He's a genius conspirator.

Are you sure you're describing the same man?
dsr

Postby get louder at lambeau » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:28 pm

The 24 year FBI veteran head agent who RAN THE INVESTIGATION into these anthrax attacks, Richard Lambert, says that the dead guy who they are blaming for these attacks was railroaded. The term "railroad" is used by him, not me. He is currently suing the Government in a lawsuit related to this case.

He says they didn't have enough evidence to convict Mr. Ivins, and that “a staggering amount of exculpatory evidence” wasn't shared with congress, the media, or the public and remains secret. He also says that, "Following the announcement of its circumstantial case against Ivins, Defendants DOJ and FBI crafted an elaborate perception management campaign to bolster their assertion of Ivins’ guilt."

He also says (eerily similar to comments from both Co-Chairs of the official 9/11 Commission) that he was basically set up to fail. He says that 12 of 20 agents on the case had zero prior investigative experience, that two Ph.D. microbiologist special agents with key roles in the investigation were taken off the investigation and were instead transferred to Israel, that the FBI lab deliberately concealed DNA that was found on one of the envelopes and initially refused to comparison test that DNA, among other things that "greatly obstructed and impeded the investigation."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/09/us/ex ... quiry.html
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/04/ ... s-b-s.html

Here is former FBI Agent Lambert being interviewed about this, including his statement that after the supposed suicide of Mr. Ivins, "The case is closed, it is a cold case, but it is certainly not solved." -
http://video.foxnews.com/v/418490938500 ... show-clips

The FIRST guy (Dr. Steven Hatfill) that they tried, for several years, to blame this attack on WAS railroaded. He fought back, and ended up winning a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the Feds for targeting him.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tables-turn ... rax-probe/

So, it was time to move on and find another patsy, er, I mean totally legitimate person of interest. The focus of the investigation became Ivins. But he conveniently killed himself right before trial. No suicide note was left. No autopsy was performed. No reason to have an autopsy, was there? It's not like there is anything potentially suspicious about his death right before being tried as a terrorist in a case that looks a lot like a classic false flag terror attack, I guess.

They got to wrap up the investigation without having to go to trial, prove anything, or share the "staggering amount of exculpatory evidence” that they had with defense attorneys. That is especially convenient when the former lead investigator himself says that they didn't have enough evidence to get a conviction.
get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Postby RodgePodge » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 pm

Oh boy another Bush conspiracy thread. Have we gotten in the time machine back to 2005?

Make the Packers Great Again!
RodgePodge

Postby Papa John » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:44 pm

RodgePodge wrote:Oh boy another Bush conspiracy thread. Have we gotten in the time machine back to 2005?

LMAO the face is spot on!
Papa John

Postby get louder at lambeau » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:04 pm

RodgePodge wrote:Oh boy another Bush conspiracy thread. Have we gotten in the time machine back to 2005?

No evidence? Really? Huh. Or maybe you haven't looked for any, because like many, you think that anyone who disagrees with the official Government version must be crazy. Because history shows us that Governments never lie. Especially to start wars. Never, ever. Right?

Or maybe it's because warmongering leaders who start wars that kill millions, including their own citizens, have too much respect for human life to ever consider killing anyone. Maybe that's it.

Or maybe it's because our Government has never done anything nefarious where people who pointed it out were mocked as crazies at the time, then many years later declassified documents proved them right.

Back in reality, what actually happens is Republican-voting morons won't consider whether or not Bush is a war criminal, even if he is, and Democratic-voting morons will never consider if Obama is a war criminal for his deeds either. Just mock anyone who makes the suggestion and ignore any and all evidence. It'll go away eventually if you ignore it long enough.

Just continue to believe that we got attacked because "They hate us for our freedoms." Leave it at that. Don't bother to look into any of it. Never mind that the guy who said that took away some of our freedoms as part of his response to the attacks. Never mind that his little brother Marvin Bush's company was running security at the WTC towers. Never mind that his family has long had ties to the Bin Laden family either. Or that Daddy Bush met with Osama Bin Laden's brother on 9/11/01. All just coincidences. Lots of them.

Never mind that the owner of the towers, Larry Silverman, who had just bought them a few months before, wasn't there like he was scheduled to be, and neither were his two adult children who also normally worked there. He's just three times lucky. Not only did he survive, along with both his kids, but he made BILLIONS of dollars in an insurance payout. Never mind that Larry is a close personal friend of Israeli PM Netanyahu, who's first words on 9/11, when asked about it were -

“It’s very good.” Then he edited himself: “Well, not very good, but it will generate immediate sympathy.” He predicted that the attack would “strengthen the bond between our two peoples, because we’ve experienced terror over so many decades, but the United States has now experienced a massive hemorrhaging of terror.”

Even after generously allowing Netanyahu to “edit” himself, the Times did not conceal that Netanyahu was not thinking in terms of sympathy for the victims of 9/11 and the United States, nor what a “friend” could do to help America. Rather, he was already thinking on the day it happened about how 9/11 could be manipulated to get America to do more for Israel.

https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/al ... 11-attacks

Never mind this either -

Never mind that Israel has used a false flag bombing to turn America against Arabs before -

You would be assuring me that I was crazy to believe that anyone but Muslim terrorists did those bombings if one of the bombs hadn't exploded early and lead to the uncovering of, and the admission of, an Israeli false flag terrorist attack that was blamed on Muslim extremists to influence American and British policy in the Middle East.

Never mind the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty either, which no doubt would have been blamed on Arabs if the boat had sunk.

Never mind former Israeli Mossad agent Victor Ostrovsky's claims that Israel fooled the Reagan Administration into bombing Libya by pretending to be Muslim terrorists either.
http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICL ... ption.html

Never mind that one of the highjackers' cousins was busted in Lebanon as being an Israeli spy either.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/19/world ... banon.html

Silly me to think in terms of such craziness as relationships, motives, and historical precedents. All that is just crazy talk. Tinfoil hat stuff. Just continue to believe that "They hate us for our freedoms" and go vote for Jeb. :AOK
get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Return to The Podium - PG13