Donald Trump is running for President

This forum is for discussion of political topics, and other serious non-football related debates. Please start these topics here, or they will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Donald Trump is running for President

Postby Papa John » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:43 pm

What do you all think about this?
Papa John

Re: Donald Trump is running for President

Postby get louder at lambeau » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:41 pm

I tend to think Trump is a self-promoting joke. I'm all for non-traditional candidates, but he's pretty hard to take seriously. He might make the debates more interesting, at least.
get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Postby Beagle » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:07 am

Papa John wrote:What do you all think about this?

He'd make a lousy President. Government and private corporations are completely different animals.
“….I firmly believe that any man’s finest hours – his greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear – is that moment when he has worked his heart out in good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.”
Beagle

Postby RodgePodge » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:54 pm

I have no problem with it whatsoever. I like him.
Make the Packers Great Again!
RodgePodge

Postby BF004 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:19 pm

I like the idea of a very successful business man/woman who really understands the business climate and governmental obtrusions hindering growth, but I am not a very big fan of Trump as a person.

I think he is actually probably qualified and could very well do a great job, but not a fan of his ego especially when coming to things like foreign relations.

If a guy like Trump is the background you would be insterested in, check out Carly Fiorina.
BF004

Postby get louder at lambeau » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:58 pm

BF004 wrote:I like the idea of a very successful business man/woman who really understands the business climate and governmental obtrusions hindering growth,

Sounds good in theory. That, and being a Washington outsider, was Ross Perot's angle way back when.

Trump's dad and grandma started his real estate business. Some of Donald's own ideas have been lame failures that were mostly attaching the Trump brand name to products like bottled water, mail-order steaks, and vodka -
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-bu ... 14-10?op=1

He's an uninspiring, narcissistic loudmouth, in my opinion. I hope he at least raises some of the issues that the establishment candidates ignore.
get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Postby HeavyD » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:21 pm

BF004 wrote:I like the idea of a very successful business man/woman who really understands the business climate and governmental obtrusions hindering growth, but I am not a very big fan of Trump as a person.

I think he is actually probably qualified and could very well do a great job, but not a fan of his ego especially when coming to things like foreign relations.

If a guy like Trump is the background you would be insterested in, check out Carly Fiorina.

Right now, if I had to vote, I'd go with Fiorina. Obviously, she is smart, she knows how to navigate a huge bureaucracy and she is an expert in technology. Considering cyber espionage is significant threat, she'd be a perfect in this area.

I've watched her several times being interviewed by MSNBC, Fox and one or two others. She is informed, articulate and direct. I think she would slaughter Hillary in a debate. Bonus points....she isn't a politician.
HeavyD

Postby get louder at lambeau » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:28 pm

get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Postby Ghost_Lombardi » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:03 pm

Fiorina's tenure as CEO of HP was a complete flop. She was fired, after overseeing a brain drain (mass firings), warning on earnings nearly every quarter, seeing net profit drop over 80%, and engineering an awful merger with Compaq. It was not only that her ideas failed, it was that she alienated so many in the company. She has less electability than Mittens.

It'll be Clinton in the WH, if she wins the primary. Just get to used it, gentlemen.
Meh.
Ghost_Lombardi

Postby Willink » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:20 am

Can't wait to not vote for him
Willink

Postby flapackfan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:39 pm

Trump's candidacy is going no where. He is at least speaking what he feels, which is refreshing. Same can be said for Bernie Sanders. What I find so hypocritical is that NBC fires him for exercising his First Amendment rights, but continues a relationship with Al Sharpton, an accused tax cheater. I suppose though it is quite typical for(NBC) the modern version of Provda. Anything to intimidate, coerce, and deny, the authority's granted in the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

I have to admit, I chuckle to myself at the thought of Trump and Hillary on the same stage. Unfortunately Trump himself has fed from the trough of corporate cronyism.
Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen prove that they are insured, but doesn't require every person to prove they are a citizen. Many who can't prove they are citizens will receive free insurance from those that are citizens.
flapackfan

Postby wallyuwl » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:44 am

Besides SNF, the only show on NBC I watched was the Apprentice. Guess now it will just be SNF. For well over a decade NBC has not been about entertainment or the providing news in the public's interest, but rather has only been about advancing their extremist views on the rest of the nation. Their ratings suck, and it is pretty clear they don't care.
wallyuwl

Postby get louder at lambeau » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:57 pm

flapackfan wrote:I chuckle to myself at the thought of Trump and Hillary on the same stage.

That joke isn't funny, it's just sad. Makes me wish I had the cash to move out of the country.

Neither of those people should be anywhere near a list of serious candidates for the Presidency. Neither should Jeb, Marvin, Laura, Bandar, or any other member of the Bush family.
get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Postby Papa John » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:27 pm

It'll be Clinton in the WH, if she wins the primary. Just get to used it, gentlemen.

The whore house?

When Bill Clinton was in office, he'd regularly go out for morning jogs. Every day, he'd come to the same intersection a few blocks from the White House, and occasionally there'd be a woman standing on the corner. They'd make eye contact and she'd call out to him, "40 dollars!," to which he would reply "5 dollars!!" Seeing her shake her head, he would continue his jog. This exchange of words happened on a few separate occasions. One morning Hillary, being the loving companion that she is, decided that she wanted to accompany Bill on his morning jog. Reluctantly, Bill told her she could come. So out they went. After a few blocks of walking, they arrived at the intersection and there was the woman standing on the corner. As Bill sheepishly glanced over at the woman and back at Hillary, the woman looked at Bill, then at Hillary before calling out, "that's what you get for 5 dollars?"
Papa John

Postby flapackfan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:52 am

get louder at lambeau wrote:
flapackfan wrote:I chuckle to myself at the thought of Trump and Hillary on the same stage.

That joke isn't funny, it's just sad. Makes me wish I had the cash to move out of the country.

Neither of those people should be anywhere near a list of serious candidates for the Presidency. Neither should Jeb, Marvin, Laura, Bandar, or any other member of the Bush family.

+1
Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen prove that they are insured, but doesn't require every person to prove they are a citizen. Many who can't prove they are citizens will receive free insurance from those that are citizens.
flapackfan

Next

Return to The Podium - PG13