Corruption In America

This forum is for discussion of political topics, and other serious non-football related debates. Please start these topics here, or they will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Corruption In America

Postby get louder at lambeau » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:11 pm

Any thoughts on this?

The problem -

The proposed fix -

For anyone interested in more than some ADD-length YouTube clips, here is their website -
https://represent.us/
get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Re: Corruption In America

Postby Pckfn23 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:07 pm

More evidence that our government does not represent the people.
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby get louder at lambeau » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:20 pm

Just realized that I screwed up the address of the second video, and put the same video twice instead. It's fixed now. The second video proposes an interesting potential fix.
get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Postby Pckfn23 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:32 pm

I like the solution.
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby Papa John » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:45 am

I like the idea, I just don't completely understand what this group is hoping to accomplish. What would be the tell-all sign that their "problem" is fixed? A perfect government? There is no such thing. Government is corrupt by nature. We'd go a long way towards eliminating governmental corruption by limiting its influence on the people as much as possible.
Papa John

Postby Trudge » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:54 am

Pretty eye opening and pretty much what a lot of Americans who can see what's going on figured. Sad and scary as hell at the same time.
Trudge

Postby yoop » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:24 pm

Papa John wrote:I like the idea, I just don't completely understand what this group is hoping to accomplish. What would be the tell-all sign that their "problem" is fixed? A perfect government? There is no such thing. Government is corrupt by nature. We'd go a long way towards eliminating governmental corruption by limiting its influence on the people as much as possible.

seems the goal is eliminate lobbyist, and pork barrel spending of our tax dollars, just look at every time we need to raise the national debt, 1/3 of the loans go toward special interest programs and not to balance our budget.

look at the tit for tat quibbling in the house and senate to get any bill passed, the " I'll give you this, if you give me that" bartering system drives up the cost to get anything done.

the goal is to put control back into the hands of our elected officials and the people instead of big money Corps, obviously we'll never wipe out all corruption in gov. but limiting campaign funding insures that big money people arn't buying our elections.

we have to take back our gov. from the hands of the banking industry and big industrial capitolist who only care about themselves, it's refreshing to hear a actual solution, thanks for the read Louder.
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby BF004 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:46 pm

yoop wrote:the goal is to put control back into the hands of our elected officials and the people instead of big money Corps.

This is why we'll never agree in this forum.

I want to take control away from our elected officials and put it back in control of each and every person.
BF004

Postby get louder at lambeau » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:23 pm

BF004 wrote:
yoop wrote:the goal is to put control back into the hands of our elected officials and the people instead of big money Corps.

I want to take control away from our elected officials and put it back in control of each and every person.

How do you propose to do that?
get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Postby BF004 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:30 pm

get louder at lambeau wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Limiting governments control and influence on our every day life.
BF004

Postby get louder at lambeau » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:34 pm

BF004 wrote:
BF004 wrote:

I'm with ya, but that isn't exactly a plan.
get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Postby BF004 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:39 pm

BF004 wrote:
BF004 wrote:

I'm with ya, but that isn't exactly a plan.

I wasn't proposing one, sorry to take the thread off topic, but was responding just the snippit I quoted yoop on.

I did share a plan of action to begin achieving such a goal in another thread I created today. :wink:
BF004

Postby get louder at lambeau » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:11 pm

BF004 wrote:I did share a plan of action to begin achieving such a goal in another thread I created today. :wink:

Ah, the Rand Paul tax plan. I like Rand. Love his dad.
get louder at lambeau
Evil Dictator

Postby yoop » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:42 pm

BF004 wrote:

so then we should just do away with the house and the senate? your always going to have elected officials, my point was having elected officials that represent the people versus big corp. or any other special interest group.

which by the way is the context of the solution Louder brought in the second vid.

not sure what you meant when you said we'll never agree about in this forum, though I may come off as liberal I'am conservative on many issues, if you mean concerning management/ labor, well that could be true, obviously I'am on the side of labor as I'am a union member, fair compensation is profit sharing, anything short of that and you better have someone negociating for you,(union) could you imagine trying to get a raise from Pete :lol:
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby Papa John » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:59 pm

BF004 wrote:
BF004 wrote:

I agree 100%. I think a root cause of the problem outlined in the OP is the growing concept of the "career politician." These damned political science majors are a big part of the problem IMO. They spend their college years getting brain washed by big-government ideologues and by the time they graduate, they are hellbent on obtaining public office and leaving their mark on our society. A person who held public office used to be recognized as someone who was making a sacrifice to do a service for his/her community. Things are much different now.
Papa John

Next

Return to The Podium - PG13