Wisconsin Says A 7 Day Work Week Is Now Legal

This forum is for discussion of political topics, and other serious non-football related debates. Please start these topics here, or they will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Wisconsin Says A 7 Day Work Week Is Now Legal

Postby yoop » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:23 am

flapackfan wrote:Yoop, RR didn't force them back to work, he fired them after they broke a federal mandated law against federal employees striking. A mandate, btw, that was supported by every Democratic president going back to FDR. Now, your provided link, whose story initiated from Washington DC, is based on a work schedule provided by a FEDERAL AGENCY. You know, a bureaucracy! The definition of a bureaucracy, " a system of govt. where decisions are made by state officials, not elected representatives". How is any of that relevant to the discussion of Wi giving employees a choice of working more hours?

If you would follow the discussion FPF you would see that my whole point is working more hours can be dangerous, this is a instance that points that out, an d Walker is in itiating a workweek and work day with increased hours, that shouldn't have been so hard for you to figure out, federal, state or private employeer was not the center point of the post.

you failed to see that because you got hung up on protecting Ronnie, the union busting pig of a president we had at the time
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby flapackfan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:05 am

Well Yoop, if you say so. Choosing more hours, is now the governor mandating, and firing employees who are in breach of the law is union busting. Yep, your a liberal.
Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen prove that they are insured, but doesn't require every person to prove they are a citizen. Many who can't prove they are citizens will receive free insurance from those that are citizens.
flapackfan

Postby yoop » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:54 am

flapackfan wrote:Well Yoop, if you say so. Choosing more hours, is now the governor mandating, and firing employees who are in breach of the law is union busting. Yep, your a liberal.

you have no idea what my personal view points are, calling me a liberal because I support labor whether union or not is not a liberal stance.

why should a gov. worker have less rights than anyone else? forcing people to work long shifts at high stress jobs puts lives in danger, Reagen firing union employees, and bringing in scab labor didn't fix the situation, we've had more aviation related accidents than ever before, and the article I just brought shows that air traffic controllers are still being forced to work the hazordous long shifts, how in the world can anyone deny that?

Gov. and state employee's have very little bargaining power, take the salary and work conditions we offer, or quit, you can't be part of a work stoppage, or threaten to cause one, in essense, you have no rights, if you don't like it, tough $#!!.

to a business owner, kinda like you, thats all well and good, you seem to think thats how it should be in the private sector as well, but that is simply a watered down version of slavery, who the heck can just say good bye to steady income or start a new career if there in there late 40's or 50's and are raising a family, most workers are locked into there position, employers have them over the barrel.

disagreeing with this type of crap is not a liberal view point, is it liberal to want a fair shake of gross profits? possibly to you it is, to me profit sharing is fair compensation, I'am making you who you are to become as a business owner, and certainly the jinkle in your pocket, compensate me fairly, thats all most workers want.

instead you want longer hours with less compensation, you'd have to be blind not to see thats what Walkers after.
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby flapackfan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:13 am

yoop wrote:
flapackfan wrote:Well Yoop, if you say so. Choosing more hours, is now the governor mandating, and firing employees who are in breach of the law is union busting. Yep, your a liberal.

you have no idea what my personal view points are, calling me a liberal because I support labor whether union or not is not a liberal stance.

Sounds, Walks, Quacks = Duck

why should a gov. worker have less rights than anyone else? forcing people to work long shifts at high stress jobs puts lives in danger, Reagen firing union employees, and bringing in scab labor didn't fix the situation, we've had more aviation related accidents than ever before, and the article I just brought shows that air traffic controllers are still being forced to work the hazordous long shifts, how in the world can anyone deny that?

Federal workers which we are talking about have every protection under the law that every other American enjoy.
You would have to ask a historian why FDR felt, as do I, that if you agree to work for the Federal Govt you also agree to not strike. That is called a choice! Don't like the rules going in, don't agree to them!!!!

Gov. and state employee's have very little bargaining power, take the salary and work conditions we offer, or quit, you can't be part of a work stoppage, or threaten to cause one, in essense, you have no rights, if you don't like it, tough $#!!.

State employees have a union which can bargain for compensation> Again choice!!!!

to a business owner, kinda like you, thats all well and good, you seem to think thats how it should be in the private sector as well, but that is simply a watered down version of slavery, who the heck can just say good bye to steady income or start a new career if there in there late 40's or 50's and are raising a family, most workers are locked into there position, employers have them over the barrel.
Slavery??? To crazy a statement for me to address!!!

disagreeing with this type of crap is not a liberal view point, is it liberal to want a fair shake of gross profits? possibly to you it is, to me profit sharing is fair compensation, I'am making you who you are to become as a business owner, and certainly the jinkle in your pocket, compensate me fairly, thats all most workers want.

Fair share of profits!!! What profits??? Federal employees aren't driven by profit!!!![ Employees in a profit driven business are entitled to exactly the compensation that they agree to work for. If you want to enjoy in profits, I suggest you get into the game./color]

[color=#000040]instead you want longer hours with less compensation, you'd have to be blind not to see thats what Walkers after.
[/quote
Less compensation???? When??? In my way of thinking I would pay more. Of course I believe in compensation is based on production![/color]

Well Yoop, I do enjoy this around and around, never ending point of view. I think I will retire from this thread, but am looking forward to the next one. :D
Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen prove that they are insured, but doesn't require every person to prove they are a citizen. Many who can't prove they are citizens will receive free insurance from those that are citizens.
flapackfan

Previous

Return to The Podium - PG13