China and Economic Espionage

This forum is for discussion of political topics, and other serious non-football related debates. Please start these topics here, or they will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

China and Economic Espionage

Postby Beagle » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:51 pm

In the last fiscal year alone, economic espionage and theft of trade secrets cost the American economy more than $19 billion.

https://leb.fbi.gov/2013/october-novemb ... al-secrets

Why we insist on shipping jobs and manufacturing over there is beyond me. Too bad some of our nations biggest and "best" companies insist on screwing over the American people by building factories overseas instead of right here in America.

Now China insists on stealing economic secrets, building military bases in disputed territory and hacking the crap out of anything they can so they can steal. In the end, it's our fault though. We poured money into the slave labor over there and allowed them to build up their infrastructure and capabilities.
Last edited by Beagle on Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“….I firmly believe that any man’s finest hours – his greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear – is that moment when he has worked his heart out in good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.”
Beagle

Re: China and Economic Espionage

Postby flapackfan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:07 pm

Not to mention cyber hacking into the OPM. Every person who has ever worked for or applied for a governmental position now faces the possibility of their private information being disseminated to anyone who wants it. Another case of govt. incompetence. You would think as smart as Al Gore claims to be, he would of seen that possibility and built in some sort of safeguard.
Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen prove that they are insured, but doesn't require every person to prove they are a citizen. Many who can't prove they are citizens will receive free insurance from those that are citizens.
flapackfan

Postby Pckfn23 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:02 pm

Do you do nothing but blame the government for every little thing? You do realize corporations are hacked all the time and personal information distributed all over the place... Another case of corporate incompetence... :roll:
No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby flapackfan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:27 pm

I wish it was just little things to blame on govt abuse/incompetence. Unfortunately, it's large issues, like 18 Trillion in debt, 100 trillion in unfunded liabilities. A corrupt onion with layer upon layer of greed, abuse, systematic tyranny. All the time selling that without its protections people couldn't survive and more importantly thrive. When you fear the govt. tyranny exists, when the govt. fears the populace we have liberty. I know you will never see things from my perspective, which is OK, as long as you do the same.
Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen prove that they are insured, but doesn't require every person to prove they are a citizen. Many who can't prove they are citizens will receive free insurance from those that are citizens.
flapackfan

Postby yoop » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:00 pm

flapackfan wrote:I wish it was just little things to blame on govt abuse/incompetence. Unfortunately, it's large issues, like 18 Trillion in debt, 100 trillion in unfunded liabilities. A corrupt onion with layer upon layer of greed, abuse, systematic tyranny. All the time selling that without its protections people couldn't survive and more importantly thrive. When you fear the govt. tyranny exists, when the govt. fears the populace we have liberty. I know you will never see things from my perspective, which is OK, as long as you do the same.

when have you not feared the gov. this corruption in gov. is not something new, big corp special interest has always had a hand in gov., the last 30 years they've sought cheaper wages abroad to manufacture our daily goods, our wages are to high to compete globally, small business is put out of business by the big chains, the big chains are now feeling the affects as well, it's so bad now where opening up the trade borders, american people can not afford american made products, and corporate America (who started us down this one way slide) now wants a free trade market, You lose FPF just like us consumers, in fact you've been losing this battle ever since you went in business, just like labor, corporate greed wins out.
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Postby Pckfn23 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:15 pm

flapackfan wrote:I wish it was just little things to blame on govt abuse/incompetence. Unfortunately, it's large issues, like 18 Trillion in debt, 100 trillion in unfunded liabilities. A corrupt onion with layer upon layer of greed, abuse, systematic tyranny. All the time selling that without its protections people couldn't survive and more importantly thrive. When you fear the govt. tyranny exists, when the govt. fears the populace we have liberty. I know you will never see things from my perspective, which is OK, as long as you do the same.

I get it, but you do realize corporations are hacked as much or more than out government is, right? You do realize there are things the government does better, right? You do realize the private business world is about as corrupt and/or drives the corruption of the government, right?

You think government is the root of all evil. That is a very narrow minded and short sighted opinion to have.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby flapackfan » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:30 pm

Had private business made available all the private information that the OPM has, it would be liable financially and possibly criminally. Not the govt. No they can Roseann Roseadanna their way through life.

My private business, and for that matter the thousands of others that I have dealt with over the years, to my knowledge, have done nothing corrupt. Even though we are at the mercy of the IRS, state dept's of Rvenue(Wi & Fl) the EPA, OSHA, FBI, State and local zoning depts., DNR, etc........ which all can ruin my reputation, with investigation, innuendo, with cause or not.

BTW, just to be on the record, there are many, too large to fail, and assorted company's, that are the bane of small business, using crony capitalism, to choke the life out of the economy. i.e. see prevailing wage, Wi
flapackfan

Postby Pckfn23 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:06 pm

So, businesses aren't corrupt and businesses have never been hacked for the same level of sensitive personal information as the government has? Is that what you are saying? :messedup
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby yoop » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:31 pm

flapackfan wrote:Had private business made available all the private information that the OPM has, it would be liable financially and possibly criminally. Not the govt. No they can Roseann Roseadanna their way through life.

My private business, and for that matter the thousands of others that I have dealt with over the years, to my knowledge, have done nothing corrupt. Even though we are at the mercy of the IRS, state dept's of Rvenue(Wi & Fl) the EPA, OSHA, FBI, State and local zoning depts., DNR, etc........ which all can ruin my reputation, with investigation, innuendo, with cause or not.

BTW, just to be on the record, there are many, too large to fail, and assorted company's, that are the bane of small business, using crony capitalism, to choke the life out of the economy. i.e. see prevailing wage, Wi

Walmart's basic plan is to put a store in every rural area in America, they drive out small business keeping there prices down initially, once most of the competition folds up they raises there prices back higher than the small businesses prior to there arrival, and once all those small shops are gone Walmart is the only place around that carries the product you need.

we've had one here for about 12 or so years, main St. is now a ghost town, most of the small shops have gone out of business, K-Mart and Shopco are skeletons of what they use to be, so I do feel for the small business owner, still you shouldn't expect your help to take less just to keep you afloat, the problem is Corporate America swallowing up the small shops, Employers want to blame labor naturally, but it's corporate big brother that stole your pocket book. :wink:

when did you not have the regulations and taxes? your making it sound as though thats something new? curious because as far back as I can remember that over head has always been a issue. just asking?
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net

Return to The Podium - PG13