Another Executive Order

This forum is for discussion of political topics, and other serious non-football related debates. Please start these topics here, or they will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Another Executive Order

Postby Papa John » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:47 am

Here come the thought police!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/15/obama-issues-executive-order-government-use-behavioral-data/

A new executive order from President Obama directs all government agencies to use psychological science and data to help connect more Americans to government programs.

The order instructs government agencies to use “behavioral science”— a tactic used by Obama’s political campaigns to harness data from their supporters to target them effectively.
Papa John

Re: Another Executive Order

Postby Pckfn23 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:45 am

No, every post is not secretly about wanting Capers fired.
Pckfn23
Brigade
Brigade

Postby wallyuwl » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:50 am

I don't have a problem with the things in the bullet points in the article 23 linked to (though I would with the texting new college students if they didn't consent to receiving those texts). I also don't have a problem with simplifying forms or processes. If they just blindly start trying to get people to sign-up for welfare programs and Obamaphones then I'll have a problem. And knowing this administration, that is exactly what they'll do.
wallyuwl

Postby Waldo » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:12 pm

Though I must say, defaulting to double sided printed has not been a good thing. At least for us. It wastes waaay more paper than it saves.

Lots of stuff is not appropriate to be printed double sided, which causes tons of reprints due to the automatic default setting that takes some effort to change (printer settings override basic print settings of word/acrobat/etc...).

When you mess up and accidentally print single sided due to defaults instead of the double you wanted, usually you just live with it. When you mess up and accidentally print double sided due to defaults, you have to reprint virtually every time.

We can't change the default setting back to single even on things like our large format printer, used for printing construction drawings; the recycle bin next to that one is loaded with double sided oopsies, double sided construction drawings are near useless and impossible to review in a timely manner, that mistake always require a reprint, and it uses a lot of paper.
Waldo

Return to The Podium - PG13