Incompetent Democrats

This forum is for discussion of political topics, and other serious non-football related debates. Please start these topics here, or they will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Incompetent Democrats

Postby dirty sanchez » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:26 pm

Charon21 wrote:I don't celebrate Don's election victory in the slightest, but this video almost makes me. Good stuff, lol :mrgreen:

We all know that Trump upset Hillary for WI and MI, but little-known fact: he damn near stole Minnesota from her, too! Look it up -- it was the thinnest margin since Mondale barely beat Reagan for it.
Yup. All the experts really nailed that one. And I hope Pelosi lives another 100 years. :banana
dirty sanchez

Postby Charon21 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:15 am

Brazile tells all!

It's even worse than I thought.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... 016-215774

When the party chooses the nominee, the custom is that the candidate’s team starts to exercise more control over the party. If the party has an incumbent candidate, as was the case with Clinton in 1996 or Obama in 2012, this kind of arrangement is seamless because the party already is under the control of the president. When you have an open contest without an incumbent and competitive primaries, the party comes under the candidate’s control only after the nominee is certain. When I was manager of Al Gore’s campaign in 2000, we started inserting our people into the DNC in June. This victory fund agreement, however, had been signed in August 2015, just four months after Hillary announced her candidacy and nearly a year before she officially had the nomination.
Charon21

Postby Papa John » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:02 am

Charon21 wrote:Brazile tells all!

When the party chooses the nominee, the custom is that the candidate’s team starts to exercise more control over the party. If the party has an incumbent candidate, as was the case with Clinton in 1996 or Obama in 2012, this kind of arrangement is seamless because the party already is under the control of the president. When you have an open contest without an incumbent and competitive primaries, the party comes under the candidate’s control only after the nominee is certain. When I was manager of Al Gore’s campaign in 2000, we started inserting our people into the DNC in June. This victory fund agreement, however, had been signed in August 2015, just four months after Hillary announced her candidacy and nearly a year before she officially had the nomination.

Interesting. Why would she go public with this now?
Papa John

Postby Charon21 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:18 am

Papa John wrote:

She has a book coming out soon. :lol:
Charon21

Postby Papa John » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:32 am

Charon21 wrote:
Papa John wrote:

Yea I saw that, but why would she choose to expose the Clintons like that? Historically, things haven't ended well for people who slight them. Seems she is taking a big risk.... for what exactly?
Papa John

Postby Trudge » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:40 am

Papa John wrote:
Charon21 wrote:
Papa John wrote:

Yea I saw that, but why would she choose to expose the Clintons like that? Historically, things haven't ended well for people who slight them. Seems she is taking a big risk.... for what exactly?

I've felt that Hillary was the next nominee for the DNC since Obama won it in 2008. She stepped aside then because of the overwhelming support and I have a feeling they didn't want it to happen again. My 2p.
Trudge

Postby Charon21 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:33 am

Dems have been winning some elections lately but Doug Jones did not run a good campaign in 'Bama by the sounds of it. I'll be a bit surprised if he wins.

LOL @ Roy Moore, though. This guy is the gift that keeps on giving.
Charon21

Postby BF004 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:56 am

Charon21 wrote:Dems have been winning some elections lately but Doug Jones did not run a good campaign in 'Bama by the sounds of it. I'll be a bit surprised if he wins.

Another story I've followed extremely little, but he sounds like a real piece of work.
BF004

Postby wallyuwl » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:04 am

Charon21 wrote:Dems have been winning some elections lately but Doug Jones did not run a good campaign in 'Bama by the sounds of it. I'll be a bit surprised if he wins.

Too bad they both cant lose.
wallyuwl

Postby texas » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 am

Doug Jones supports murdering millions of babies, while Roy Moore, when defending himself against accusations of child molestation, said that he never did anything without the permission of the girl's mother.

Hard pass.

The one thing that does concern me is that now, every non-leftist politician will be accused of sexual misconduct, in just about every election. Many of Roy Moore's accusers were exaggerating or full of $#!!, despite some of them seemingly being credible.
Suck it Bears.
Roger Goodell Phone: 212-450-2027
texas

Postby dirty sanchez » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:11 am

texas wrote:Doug Jones supports murdering millions of babies, while Roy Moore, when defending himself against accusations of child molestation, said that he never did anything without the permission of the girl's mother.

Hard pass.

The one thing that does concern me is that now, every non-leftist politician will be accused of sexual misconduct, in just about every election. Many of Roy Moore's accusers were exaggerating or full of $#!!, despite some of them seemingly being credible.
For every Roy Moore, the Left will offer up 10. They have the market on child molesters and would be foolish to fight that battle.
dirty sanchez

Postby mike » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:00 pm

racist Roy Moore losses, Steve Bannon losses, Big Donny losses, Aaron Rodgers cleared to play, my day is complete :lol:
mike

Postby wallyuwl » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:59 pm

mike wrote:racist Roy Moore losses, Steve Bannon losses, Big Donny losses, Aaron Rodgers cleared to play, my day is complete :lol:

Eh, I don't know that Moore losing is a bad thing. Jones will lose in the regular election, it is still a deep red state. A lot of people just stayed home this time due to the accusations - they couldn't vote for Jones and wouldn't vote for Moore. But if Moore won it would cause more trouble than the one vote is worth to Republicans. I bet that now Franken doesn't resign like he said he would - wait and see.
wallyuwl

Postby BF004 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:04 pm

I just don't get how it is so hard to just find people to run for office who are just normal and not so $#!! crazy or have such crazy baggage.

Well I guess no normal person in their right mind would run for office. Just the personal attacks and the media on both sides are just so over the top and ridiculous.
BF004

Postby APB » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:54 pm

wallyuwl wrote:Eh, I don't know that Moore losing is a bad thing. Jones will lose in the regular election, it is still a deep red state. A lot of people just stayed home this time due to the accusations - they couldn't vote for Jones and wouldn't vote for Moore. But if Moore won it would cause more trouble than the one vote is worth to Republicans. I bet that now Franken doesn't resign like he said he would - wait and see.

I suspect you're right about the election outcome - but not about Franken.

The Russia thing isn't working. My guess is this harassment game will be the next political battle front in the left's war to expunge Trump. They have already sacrificed Conyers and Franken in the sexual harassment political game to gain the public moral high ground. The precedent has been set. Now they're ready to flip the table and start targeting conservatives.

Moore winning wasn't worth the headache or political capital to defend him. He'd have only been easy pickings for the liberal left to target and force from office - with Trump being next in line.

Thing is, the left hasn't really been paying attention if they think Trump will simply step down amid lewd sexual misconduct allegations. He's already shown that. And I doubt very seriously they'll be able to flip many repub's in an effort to force him out.

This is another political game the liberals will simply lose.
APB

PreviousNext

Return to The Podium - PG13