OT Kaepernick

This forum is for discussion of political topics, and other serious non-football related debates. Please start these topics here, or they will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: OT Kaepernick

Postby HeavyD » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:41 pm

The President of the United States called citizens exhibiting their constitutional rights "sons of bitches," and called for their firing.

And people are ok with that.

#NEVERTRUMP
User avatar
HeavyD
 
Posts: 3520
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:55 am
Location: The Cila

Re: OT Kaepernick

Postby OldPackerFan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:52 pm

HeavyD wrote:The President of the United States called citizens exhibiting their constitutional rights "sons of bitches," and called for their firing.

And people are ok with that.

#NEVERTRUMP


Make your point without spitting in my face or the faces of families that lost a loved one in war. You do NOT have the constitutional right to spit in my face. And if you do, son of a bitch is an understatement
OldPackerFan
 
Posts: 9600
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:30 pm

Re: OT Kaepernick

Postby yoop » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:51 am

OldPackerFan wrote:
HeavyD wrote:The President of the United States called citizens exhibiting their constitutional rights "sons of bitches," and called for their firing.

And people are ok with that.

#NEVERTRUMP


Make your point without spitting in my face or the faces of families that lost a loved one in war. You do NOT have the constitutional right to spit in my face. And if you do, son of a bitch is an understatement


no one was listening to the protest of black people, so it was taken to a platform that would not go un noticed, thats it, Kaep used a stage that forced this to become front page news, and as a result new police training, and exposure of poor policing methods has become recognized, and action is happening, even with people like you attempting to make it into something it never was, disrepect for our lost and loved ones that served in our armed forces.
you started this by insulting my use of medical marihuana, as though you think you know my medical history, and insulting my education, yet 90+% of the people discussing this agree with me, they just don't come to this forum polarized licking Trumps balls, spouting ignorant bull $#!! like you.

puff, puff, go #$%! yourself.
Image
User avatar
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net
 
Posts: 19304
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:38 pm
Location: Yooperopolis

Re: OT Kaepernick

Postby RightScreen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:02 am

Pckfn23 wrote:
RightScreen wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:Funny to read people bitch about the NFL guys bringing politics onto the field, when they are bringing politics into the football discussion. Hypocritical to say the least.


Actually it isn't, because the players and other NFL employees have chosen to bring politics onto the field. So fans discussing politics in the context of what those employees are doing while "on the clock" so to speak isn't hypocritical at all.

You do realize you are participating in the exact thing you hate, right? #$%! snowflake.


I'm pretty far from a snowflake, bumpkin. All I did was say that I didn't watch the game, either, and am not that upset about it. A year ago I would have been.

You sure act like a snowflake getting upset by things that don't even affect your life. :AOK


I like how the left has tried to steal the snowflake term.

Fact is, the NFL is bringing politics into the game. Not fans. Despite whatever crap/lies you spew.

Oh, and good win, but the Packers are going to have a tough season. Not that I'll watch much/any of it. I certainly won't be buying any tickets or NFL products in the foreseeable future.

Wow, we are even bringing political shills in from the nether regions of the internet. Awesome.


Yeah, I'm sure you'd be watching if a few players supported ISIS.

Cut the crap. We know your two-faced talk.
RightScreen
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:09 am

Re: OT Kaepernick

Postby APB » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:09 pm

Recent posts in this discussion are under review by the Mod Team. The thread has been locked while the review continues.

Perhaps, in the mean time, a review of the Forum Rules would be appropriate for some of you.
User avatar
APB
 
Posts: 8941
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:30 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Fire Hundley Keep Capers Postgame Overreaction Thread

Postby mike » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:51 pm

just mind boggling the effort put in to attempt to prove that Kap would not play better then Hundley, when evidence is shown that he played very well at times just last year.

Kap won't be asked to try out for us, but it's purely for political reasons, as it's been with every team that could use a QB upgrade, teams are afraid of fan base fall out, fans care more about standing for a song then attempting to improve the team, we'd rather just lose gracefully then admit the protest are for a good cause, lis, if ya don't like the message, then attack the messenger, obviously thats working well, it's drowned out the messenger, and taken away his career as well, ya'll followed the lead of Trump just like sheep.

I never cared much one way or the other concerning Kap being brought in here, my biggest concern was winning football games, though I was convinced after seeing Hundley bungle through his very first game that Kap was a far better option to help us win.

this whole debacle which started a year ago convinced me that we still have a long way to go concerning race relations in our country, and for the football fans so upset over black athletes kneeling during the anthem your all a bunch of hypocrites, ya really weren't complaining much till Trump opened his big mouth.

I served 5 years in uncle Sams war machine, if anything I came home less loyal then when I went in, and in the 50 years since that time I've witnessed some of the most corrupt gov. officials put our serviceman in harms way numerious times, often based on nothing but corporate greed, yes I still salute and stand for the anthem, always go to lay a reaf on memorial day, but that doesn't blind me to the fact that minority's are still treat like crap in many parts of our country, you think I give 2 $#!! if some black players want to express there dis pleasure by kneeling? I'am far more upset with people that want to force them not to, I really hate those bully type tactics when anyone uses them, isn't that why we sent people to war, color me very sad, how could you people not see the protest as a cry for help makes so little sense to me.
Image
mike
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:28 pm

Re: Fire Hundley Keep Capers Postgame Overreaction Thread

Postby Charon21 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:28 pm

TheGreenMan wrote:
The Lyricist wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:
So, half a season ago? Before his recent filings, etc.


If Kap would rather "retire," why did he waste time working out for Seattle?

Thompson should've signed Kap at the bye. Might've saved the Packers' season.

McCarthy gave Hundley plenty of reps in the preseason - Hundley was not inspiring (in fact, Hill outplayed the Hun). Gave Hundley reps in the blowout win over Chicago - not inspiring. Replaced Rodgers against the goddamn Queens and was not inspiring. Still hasn't inspired anyone or anything.

Incompetent, thy name is Ted Thompson.


There's reasons why Kaep isn't on a team, despite some workouts. In a league where teams will go great lengths to find success for their football team, even to the point of drafting and signing criminals who have backgrounds of domestic abuse... it's slowly coming obvious to me that it's not him being worth the political distraction, not because he sat for the anthem, but because he's not good enough to play in this league anymore.


Nope, you're kidding yourself. It's purely political. The NFL owners donated millions to Trump's inauguration. They either hate him themselves, or are unwilling to face the backlash from the Trumpanzees.
User avatar
Charon21
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:43 am

Re: OT Kaepernick

Postby raptorman » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:28 am

My question is why is everyone about Kaepernick? Why not RG3? Oh yeah, he's just as bad of a QB as Kaep.
The government has never had a power it did not abuse.
User avatar
raptorman
 
Posts: 6302
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: Sunny east coast of FL.

Re: OT Kaepernick

Postby Charon21 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:37 am

RG3 got a second chance by playing for another team. By that logic, Kaep deserves one more shot to prove if he has anything left in the tank.
User avatar
Charon21
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:43 am

Re: OT Kaepernick

Postby mike » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:35 am

raptorman wrote:My question is why is everyone about Kaepernick? Why not RG3? Oh yeah, he's just as bad of a QB as Kaep.


or someone else, there where others available, and remember where not looking long term here, the position is a backup position, we aren't looking for someone to build a future on, McCarthy had to know how limited Hundley was/is, he's worked with him a long time, and literally shielded his weakness for the first 3 games.

Instead of activating Callahan, we should have brought in one of these vets, then when Hundley proved he was not ready we would have at least had a experienced option, thats a huge fail from both Mike and Ted.
Image
mike
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:28 pm

Previous

Return to The Podium - PG13

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron