Michael Bennett is Lying

This forum is for discussion of political topics, and other serious non-football related debates. Please start these topics here, or they will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Michael Bennett is Lying

Postby texas » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:23 pm

Charon21 wrote:Err, don't you want literally 0 immigration? It strikes me as odd that you would invoke an argument that you do not even find compelling. Although, yes, I used to be a cop apologist and thought like that. "If it's bad to stereotype people for race or religion, then it's also unfair to stereotype cops, right?"

Yeah, I want 0 immigration currently. I mean, maybe 10,000 per year or so, but that's because I think we've got enough people right now. I find the argument somewhat compelling, but my personal opinion is that certain groups clearly do correlate a certain way (to your argument, cops probably do correlate a bit more towards being high-T for example, which brings with it certain other traits). By no means do all people of a certain group conform to every stereotype of the group though.

Charon21 wrote:Police OTOH are everywhere. They are an integral part of our society. Do I think they are all bad people? No, I believe that the institution is an arm of a corrupt system, committing injustice not by accident but by design. It's admirable to be a cop, but it's dumb.

I realize that my rhetoric towards cops probably makes their supporters get defensive and close their minds rather than listen. However, people like Clay Travis insist to put cops on a pedestal when we should be demanding more accountability for them, and probably have no interest in listening anyway. I want to push back on Clay's apologist bias and knock them off their pedestal. It's not meant to sway people like him, but people who are undecided.

Fair enough, I do the same thing. I used to try to speak accurately but unfortunately hyperbole is the only thing that actually sways people.
Suck it Bears.
Roger Goodell Phone: 212-450-2027
texas

Postby dirty sanchez » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:51 pm

Just look at how brutal these racist thug cops are.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/vegas-poli ... 02136.html
dirty sanchez

Postby Criticuria » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:15 pm

dirty sanchez wrote:Just look at how brutal these racist thug cops are.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/vegas-poli ... 02136.html

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ... yep ... jerks cops! "I'm gonna put you in the squad so you're safe."
Is life as boring as you are?
Criticuria

Previous

Return to The Podium - PG13