We lost a great one, a true heel.

This forum is for discussion of political topics, and other serious non-football related debates. Please start these topics here, or they will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

We lost a great one, a true heel.

Postby Carl Gerbschmidt » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:21 pm

We lost Bobby the Brain Heenen, he lost his battle with throat cancer. I loved to hate him as a kid but he was one of my heroes. One of the best interviews in wrestling. I learned how to talk to viking fans from Bobby, I am going to miss him even though the AWA has been gone for years.
Carl Gerbschmidt
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:42 pm

Re: We lost a great one, a true heel.

Postby dirty sanchez » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:54 pm

The best ringside commentator ever. I looked forward to watching every match, because I just knew he would say something that would make me laugh. And he never dissapointed. I watched him in his early days in the AWA and later in the WWF. Him and Gorilla Moonsoon had this chemistry in the announcers booth that never has, nor never will be duplicated.
User avatar
dirty sanchez
 
Posts: 1616
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:14 pm

Re: We lost a great one, a true heel.

Postby Carl Gerbschmidt » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:40 am

Great story in the Minneapolis Star Tribune today about Bobby.
Carl Gerbschmidt
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:42 pm

Re: We lost a great one, a true heel.

Postby dirty sanchez » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:01 am

Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:Great story in the Minneapolis Star Tribune today about Bobby.
Not surprising since the AWA where Heenan got his start was based out of Minneapolis. The AWA was never regarded as a big powerhouse promotion ike WWF or WCW, ect., but many household names wrestled there in the beginning of their careers including Hulk Hogan.

Unlike today, wrestlers had so much character back then. Who could possibly forget The Crusher, Baron Von Raschke, and Mad Dog Vachon just to name a few?
User avatar
dirty sanchez
 
Posts: 1616
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:14 pm

Re: We lost a great one, a true heel.

Postby Carl Gerbschmidt » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:06 am

I scored an awesom autographed 8x10 pic of bobby, had to have a pic of him in the Packer bunker after finding video of interviews of him calling out poor slob viking fans waiting for the team to come thru from 1975. Love his work.
Carl Gerbschmidt
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:42 pm

Re: We lost a great one, a true heel.

Postby RightScreen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:03 am

Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:We lost Bobby the Brain Heenen, he lost his battle with throat cancer. I loved to hate him as a kid but he was one of my heroes. One of the best interviews in wrestling. I learned how to talk to viking fans from Bobby, I am going to miss him even though the AWA has been gone for years.


There are almost no good heels left. It's hard to draw heat these days with prescripted PC lines and PC crowds. Very sad.

Trump draws the best heat there is.
RightScreen
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:09 am

Re: We lost a great one, a true heel.

Postby yoop » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:28 am

RightScreen wrote:
Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:We lost Bobby the Brain Heenen, he lost his battle with throat cancer. I loved to hate him as a kid but he was one of my heroes. One of the best interviews in wrestling. I learned how to talk to viking fans from Bobby, I am going to miss him even though the AWA has been gone for years.


There are almost no good heels left. It's hard to draw heat these days with prescripted PC lines and PC crowds. Very sad.

Trump draws the best heat there is.


I can sure see the similarity's
Image
User avatar
yoop
The Al Davis of PN.net
 
Posts: 19304
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:38 pm
Location: Yooperopolis


Return to The Podium - PG13

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron