Locking arms at Lambeau

This forum is for discussion of political topics, and other serious non-football related debates. Please start these topics here, or they will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: salmar80, NCF, JustJeff, packfntk, APB, BF004, mnkcarp

Re: Locking arms at Lambeau

Postby wallyuwl » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:56 am

HeavyD wrote:This is about Trump, not Kap.

I agree. This wasnt a leaguewide thing until last week. Trump ripped the shield and they go crazy about "unity." In a way that disrespects our two most sacred symbols and what they represent. Never prior was that part of the protests. They are entitled millionaire snowflakes.
wallyuwl

Postby dirty sanchez » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:28 am

wallyuwl wrote:
HeavyD wrote:This is about Trump, not Kap.

I agree. This wasnt a leaguewide thing until last week. Trump ripped the shield and they go crazy about "unity." In a way that disrespects our two most sacred symbols and what they represent. Never prior was that part of the protests. They are entitled millionaire snowflakes.

And we'll see how many baristas at Starbucks will be willing to pay the lofty costs of attending a game to pay these millionaire snowflakes.
dirty sanchez

Postby Papa John » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:24 am

yoop wrote:
Papa John wrote:
Pack Power wrote:“It’s never been about the military or our men and women in uniform. Like I said after the game, we love and support them,” Rodgers said, noting that several players, himself included, have done military-related charity events over the years. “We love them, and we’re thankful for the opportunity they give us.

“This is about equality. This is about unity, and love, and growing together as a society, and starting a conversation around something that might be a little uncomfortable for people. But we have to come together and talk about these things and grow as a community, as a connected group of individuals in our society, and we’re going to continue to show love and unity.

Just curious--has Mr. Rodgers applied this to his family yet?

For supposedly being such a smart guy, I am disappointed to hear such an idiotic statement from Rodgers. He says vague things like "we need to start a conversation." Then start the #$%! conversation! There is no conversation to start because nobody even knows what ANY of this is about, players included! How is a bunch of millionaires linking arms going to make any sort of tangible difference? What difference are they even trying to make? So much unnecessary drama, so many unanswered questions, so much confusion. In the meantime, there are plenty of us denying these attention whores.

obviously players uniting means they support the reason Kaepernick protested in the first place, some may not like doing it during the anthem either, but they still support the cause.

and these protest have produced results, Chicago, and other metro area's are attempting to improve there departments, but it's not the sort of change that will happen quickly, and the conversation Rodgers is talking about, is racism within some departments, bad cops doing bad things over and over, and still having a job, cops protecting bad cops has to end, thats what the beef is all about, so the louder the conversation gets, well you obviously know the squeeky wheel gets the grease :wink:

Thanks for your response. A couple of follow up questions.

What is an example the sort of change that would alleviate the problem (whatever the problem is- we still don't know) quickly?

How did you arrive at the conclusion that Rodgers' statements were about racism in police departments, bad cops doing bad things, and bad cops protecting bad cops, when he didn't mention cops, racism, police departments, or protection one time? I think I need to go back to school- seems I don't understand #$%! English anymore.

The wheel is very squeaky. How will we know when it has received the grease? What is the grease?
Papa John

Postby texas » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:52 am

My thoughts:

1) Now I'm not so sure Lyricist is a crazy lefty. He almost seems like a parody account- his writing is just too perfect in terms of being insane left wing. An act? I for one have been pretty entertained.

2) I'm fine with the compromise. It's obviously kind of gay, and kumbaya stuff is always terrible, but when the two sides are as far apart as they are, I think something like this, if it were to lead to the issue blowing over, would be about as reasonable a compromise as you can get. If Bennett and Kendricks and King decide to lock arms or hold hands or spoon or whatever, that's at least better than disrespecting their fans and our country. So if it gets them to quit, I'm for it. This crap may be good for Trump, but it's bad for football, which used to be our escape from politics.

3) Aaron Rodgers received long term cuck damage from Olivia Munn that will take longer to get over than we thought. I hope it's not permanent. I thought he'd be good to go this season but it is clear that he still has a long way to go before being cured. I would recommend dropping the low-T hippy diet and going back to steak and eggs. He has the same affliction as Kaepernick, probably from the same causes: switching to vegan and dating a crazy leftist. Not a good combo.
Suck it Bears.
Roger Goodell Phone: 212-450-2027
texas

Postby salmar80 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:49 pm

texas wrote:2) I'm fine with the compromise. It's obviously kind of gay, and kumbaya stuff is always terrible, but when the two sides are as far apart as they are, I think something like this, if it were to lead to the issue blowing over, would be about as reasonable a compromise as you can get. If Bennett and Kendricks and King decide to lock arms or hold hands or spoon or whatever, that's at least better than disrespecting their fans and our country. So if it gets them to quit, I'm for it. This crap may be good for Trump, but it's bad for football, which used to be our escape from politics.

I agree.

:shock:

Did not envision Tex and I agreeing on this issue...

KUMBAYAAAARGH! :lol:
Comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought
salmar80

Postby HeavyD » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:16 pm

The whole conversation is ridiculous.

Symbolism: The tonic that cures the shallow thinker. An aliment that has its grip on our uninformed POTUS.

Ask any urban school teacher about the behavior of most 8 year inner-city kids....and you'll get a pretty good idea what police officers have to deal with when those same kids are on 18 years old, on the streets, no parents, no education, no direction, no respect, no job, no hope, nothing.

It is a brutal generational cycle of out-of-wedlock births, ignored educational opportunities, government dependency and poverty.

All this BS isn't gonna make little inner-city Johnny keep his member in his pants and get a diploma.
HeavyD

Postby texas » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:55 pm

HeavyD wrote:The whole conversation is ridiculous.

Symbolism: The tonic that cures the shallow thinker. An aliment that has its grip on our uninformed POTUS.

Ask any urban school teacher about the behavior of most 8 year inner-city kids....and you'll get a pretty good idea what police officers have to deal with when those same kids are on 18 years old, on the streets, no parents, no education, no direction, no respect, no job, no hope, nothing.

It is a brutal generational cycle of out-of-wedlock births, ignored educational opportunities, government dependency and poverty.

All this BS isn't gonna make little inner-city Johnny keep his member in his pants and get a diploma.

I agree that it starts with out-of-wedlock births and feminism. Good luck putting that genie back into the bottle though.
Suck it Bears.
texas

Postby wallyuwl » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:20 pm

For generations the left has told us that families are not important. We see the results of that in most inner city neighborhoods. So the question is... what are these NFL players protesting doing about the very real problems in the neighborhoods many of them come from? Because taking a knee, or locking arms, or sitting on the bench isn't doing a d@mn thing to fix things in the real world.
wallyuwl

Postby HeavyD » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:25 pm

wallyuwl wrote:

For generations the left has told us that families are not important. We see the results of that in most inner city neighborhoods. So the question is... what are these NFL players protesting doing about the very real problems in the neighborhoods many of them come from? Because taking a knee, or locking arms, or sitting on the bench isn't doing a d@mn thing to fix things in the real world.

They just want to assign blame and take zero responsibility.
HeavyD

Postby Mendeleev » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:53 pm

texas wrote:I agree that it starts with out-of-wedlock births and feminism.

:lol:
Mendeleev

Postby texas » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:11 am

Mendeleev wrote:
texas wrote:I agree that it starts with out-of-wedlock births and feminism.

:lol:

Oh boy look who's back
Suck it Bears.
texas

Previous

Return to The Podium - PG13